Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 30, 2018 01:50PM

While reading another thread about the church sucking all any joy out of belonging to the old church, a memory suddenly resurfaced in my mind. I remembered how fun it was to play around in the restroom during sacrament meeting.A thousand and one pardons if I have shared this one before.

I seem to recall that I was eight or nine years old. I was fairly mischievous during those years and spanked a lot at church. I have fond memories of fighting my Mom to leave SM to go to the restroom. Usually my partner in crime, my "friend" would also try to leave his controlling parents to join me in the men's restroom.

My friend and I were both fascinated about the super toilets. They were loud, flushed with a lot of "whoosh" and used a lot of water. There were two stalls and we would flush them over and over. This usually lasted the entire duration of SM.

The big discovery came when we started to test how much toilet paper they could flush. So we spent a good 10-15 minutes spinning several rolls into the bowl.

Wow! It had no trouble flushing. So we looked for more flush-able materials.

Yep! Paper towels from the restroom went bye-bye too.

With no more paper to flush within the bathroom, we went down the hallway. There was a giant rack on the wall with tithing slips, envelopes and missionary tracts. It was outside of the Bishop's office. We took everything save it for the tracts that had a picture of Jesus on the cover.

We started with the multi paper tithing slips with carbon paper because we got a kick tearing them apaert; layer by layer. We also flushed the envelopes with no issues. However, those slick paper missionary tracts floated round and round. They wouldn't absorb water to sink.

That's when it finally happened. Both toilets got stuck and up came the water. We created a lake with a gazillion envelopes and missionary tracts floating around. It was about this time that a cranky HP came in to discover our new sea. He became agitated and most of the ward came to see our mess. The only one that was laughing was the bishop. He had a good sense of humor.

The rest of the story?

My friend and I were dragged into the women's restroom nursing area for a series of whippings. The bathroom was locked until the paid custodian arrived the following day. And after church, we stood in front of the bishop in his office to say how sorry we were for playing around in the restroom. We promised not to flush anymore tithing slips, missionary tracts and envelopes. I don't think he knew about the missing tp or paper towels.

Our other favorite way to be naughty was to turn the built in speaker that broadcasted the sacrament mic to full volume. We also turned the lights off when people were sitting on the toilet. It was a rotten thing to do.

We were a bunch of brats.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 30, 2018 02:41PM

Haha. Tithing slips! Love it.

I was always good. The only thing I got in trouble for was squishing and rolling the sacrament bread into a tight little ball and swallowing it like a pill when the water came around.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: November 01, 2018 12:43AM

Because of my renal condition, I brought a doctor's statement to the bishop of whatever ward I was in that I was medically forbidden to go without hydration for pretty much ANY period of time, let alone 24 hours.

It made that tasteless wad of sacrament bread go down without the terror of choking. I would take the thimble-full of water and chase it with my own bottled water. If I didn't, it could also be a choking hazard.

I may eventually wander back to my former Presbyterian Church. My DH is happy to do that. It is at 9:30, a tad early for me, but it fits so comfortably with the church I was raised in, and the members here are very nice. It's the community that I miss.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: November 03, 2018 06:38PM

Hi Catnip,

In another thread, did you say that you drink water with hydration multiplier ?

Seems like there was a thread about it, but I can't find it.

(Don’t mean to derail the thread.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2018 07:13PM by kathleen.

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: November 01, 2018 10:05AM

Sounds like some kids were lacking in getting disciplined and taught good behavior skills. The Parents obviously had lost control. The thing about teenagers especially when they are together is that they have to be supervised all the time. But parents are too busy or not quite bright enough or experienced enough to actually do it.

Sad but true.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.