Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: baura ( )
Date: November 26, 2018 01:46AM

So according to Mormon doctrine we were all "Spirit Children of
Heavenly Father." Then Lucifer, one of us, got offended that he
wasn't given enough credit and he rebelled and left with 1/3 of
our brother and sister spirits.

Well, they don't get bodies then, but we do. So, we're EVERY
BIT what they are and MORE. I can't move anything physically
without using my body, and I can't put thoughts into someone
else's mind.

However Mormons credit Lucifer and his spirit minions (who seem
strangely organized and obedient to his authority, given that
they are exactly the ones who rebelled against organization,
obedience, and authority in the first place--but I digress) with
the ability to do all kinds of things that I'd not be able to
do.

They are able to rearrange matter to "tempt" people and to
interfere with people's Godly pursuits. They are able to
"tempt" people directly by putting thoughts into their minds--
something I can't do and neither can you.

So exactly where did Lucifer get these amazing powers that have
been denied to the rest of us?

Just one of a gazillion things about Mormonism that make no
sense if you think about it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 26, 2018 01:55AM

He’s Jesus’ evil twin.

The war in heaven idea came from the epic poem “Paradise Lost” by John Milton, first published in 1667. I’m sure Milton didn’t intend for it to be taken literally, the way Joseph used it. Yup, another blatant ripoff.

Temple Lucifer had to be powerful enough to scare the crap out of apostates.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: November 26, 2018 02:17AM

Here is the deal. Satan / Lucifer is ALWAYS on the move and getting his work done while Jesus has NOT been worth anything ever since He resurrected himself from the dead and then promptly went AWOL / disappeared / went on perma vacation!!

Frankly, I think HF should recruit Satan back to the side of good because Satan is an over achiever and then FIRE dead wood Jesus who can not be bothered with showing up for work because Jesus obviously hates His job.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: November 26, 2018 02:27AM

Any day now...yep...just around the corner...within your lifetime, or somebody's lifetime...just be patient...things are coming to a head and he is a comin' round the bend, if not tomorrow, maybe the day after tomorrow...or next year at the latest, give or take a decade or century...

And it seems that's pretty much what Christians have been telling each other for...oh...about 2,000 years.

Date: November 26, 2018 02:22AM

on a high mountain, where he offered to give to Jesus all kingdoms of the world. Jesus didn't tell LSB that it was not within LSB's power to make good on the deal. So somehow, despite being worse than the fence-sitters, LSB was able to acquire title of ownership in all kingdoms of the world.

Speaking of fence-sitters, the temple movie tells us that Lucy S. Beelzebub has the priesthood or priesthoods (I can't remember if it was plural or singular). How did he, the adversary, the rebel leader, get the priesthood when neutrals who ended up being born in Africa couldn't even get the Aaronic priesthood?

And, of course, the real loaded question is why God the Fathuh would give so much power to Lucy S. Beelzebub and then turn him loose on us...after giving us all amnesia so that our only hope of figuring out what kind of sordid and twisted reality show we've been tossed into is to rely on "revelations" from totally unreliable guys like Joseph Smith, Jr., an opportunistic womanizer and treasure scam operator. Is God the Fathuh retarded? Great! Multiple universes and I end up in the one that's controlled by a retarded god.

Posted by: Joseph Smith ( )
Date: November 26, 2018 10:08AM

Brother Prince, may I borrow your wife for a couple of hours?

Date: November 26, 2018 12:20PM

"[T]he borrower is servant to the lender."

Just as soon as I get my pimp license and get a wife, I think we can come to some kind or arrangement, Mr. Smith. ;o)

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 26, 2018 09:06AM

It seems every culture/religion needs some kind of boogeyman.

'Cause it just can't be our own, human fault when we do stupid or nasty things. No way. The devil had to make us do it.

Or something like that.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: November 26, 2018 12:37PM

ificouldhietokolob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It seems every culture/religion needs some kind of
> boogeyman.
>
> 'Cause it just can't be our own, human fault when
> we do stupid or nasty things. No way. The devil
> had to make us do it.
>
> Or something like that.

HEAR HEAR!!! (Applause).
It's our own fault, folks.
The more I take responsibility for my own life, my own thoughts, and my own feelings, the freer I am.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 26, 2018 10:31AM

Religion without a hell just ain't worth a damn.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 26, 2018 12:43PM

If Satan can put thoughts into your head, then HE could tell you where you put your car keys with that small, still voice.

I guess instead of that, though, Satan puts in that small, still voice that says "You've been thinking about bare shoulders on Beyonce' again, haven't you? How about a wank?"

Posted by: 2 bored 2 log in ( )
Date: November 26, 2018 01:18PM

He also causes scientists all over the world to deliberately suppress data and findings that would vindicate mormonism.

And he makes Nephite artifacts disappear into the earth to make the church look bad. Or was that god, I forget. Maybe they're acting together, like when they both screwed poor Job over. Ha ha, what jokesters.

And he layers dinosaur bones in precisely the manner required to make scientists think they lived on this earth. Wait, or did god do that to test faith? It's so confusing…

Problem for mormons is that Satan isn't omnipotent. He can't do anything without god's permission. So whatever malicious evil mormons blame on the devil, it had to be OK with god in the first place.

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: November 26, 2018 02:31PM

the super powers come from what the Isaiah says. "son of the morning, bearer of light." And in Abraham it talks about the "gods" coming down to build the earth.

Some folks were more advanced than others and attained a higher level of attributes. I wouldn't underestimate those fallen souls, it's pretty obvious that the dark side has all kinds of knowledge.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 26, 2018 02:59PM

anono this week Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the super powers come from what the Isaiah says.
> "son of the morning, bearer of light."

Except that Isaiah is a reference to a Babylonian king (which one isn't certain, but it's probably Esarhaddon), equating him with the planet (not known then to be a planet) Venus, the "morning star."
Not to "Satan."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esarhaddon

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: November 26, 2018 02:40PM

I'll tell you a true story.

My teen son was going through a tough period at the time.

When he moved out, after a couple of days, I went into his room to clean it up and get it ready for a new use.

However, when I went to go into the rm., I felt an evil 'spirit' was still in the room.

So, I took literally the teaching of using the name of Jesus to demand the evil spirit leave. Nothing happened, then I remembered scripture that said the Savior would grant my request if I asked for something good in His name, my request would be granted.

This worked!

Instantly, with the windows closed, the curtains in front of them ruffled as if something had caused this to be.

The room now emptied of the evil spirit, I could then enter it and get it ready for its next use.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 27, 2018 11:59AM

Proof of the power of thoughts and prayers.

"Nothing happened, then I remembered scripture that said the Savior would grant my request if I asked for something good in His name, my request would be granted."

Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: November 27, 2018 07:00AM

"So exactly where did Lucifer get these amazing powers that have
been denied to the rest of us?"

He got them by putting on a cool apron.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 27, 2018 11:57AM

"They are able to
"tempt" people directly by putting thoughts into their minds--
something I can't do and neither can you."

Their "Holy Ghost" can do the same. It requires disembodied-ness.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: November 27, 2018 03:00PM

Satan's powers are on par with the "Mystery Men"

What's your power?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.