Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: January 04, 2019 11:27AM

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2019/01/04/this-week-mormon-land/

"... a net decrease of 139 congregations (7 percent annual decrease) in Mexico thus far in 2018 — the largest decrease in the number of wards/branches ever reported by the church in Mexico, and the largest annual decrease in the number of wards/branches ever reported in a single country in the history of the church."

But don't worry, The Stoned Rolleth Forward ...

NB: The Trib quote was second-hand, taken from:

https://ldschurchgrowth.blogspot.com/2018/12/new-stakes-created-in-mexico-2-ecuador.html?fbclid=IwAR2jD9Ly3sGxRPO4IM3IP5O4i9qYlsH8Q30zjxSxd-zvP_8Tmwzq2dxkqUs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2019 11:36AM by 3X.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 04, 2019 04:30PM

I'm surprised; Did ChurchCo admit or deny the reduction (Mexico)?

Did they attempt to suppress this information?

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 04, 2019 04:50PM

I love the way the spin on the 7% decrease:

"Mexico — with more than 1.4 million members, the most of any country outside the United States — is seeing its Latter-day Saint footprint expand and contract at the same time."

Expand and contract at the same time? What? Sounds like a description of a death rattle to me. what a spin. Keep that facade up at all costs and don't bother trying to make sense!

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 04, 2019 10:10PM

To really see how the church can polish the turd, I wish I could direct you to the report about the closing of the Italy Cantania mission, consolidating it with the Rome mission. You can't go to the site anymore because of some proprietary thing, but here is an excerpt from the Google item: [a sign that the church]... is maturing in a country is a reduction in the number of missions. ... The First Presidency has determined that the Italy Catania Mission will [close]... yada-yada

That's right. All the success has cause "maturity," and so we don't have to proselyte there. This is like Toyota and Honda closing a third of their dealerships because people like the product so much.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.