Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: January 05, 2019 04:15PM

Grab some popcorn. The Faithful are pontificating in the comments:

https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/letters/2019/01/05/letter-tribune-is-not/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: January 05, 2019 05:09PM

"anti-Mormon"..... sigh....
I always loved that phrase. It is so binary. If you aren't fully in favor of the Mormon agenda, you are "anti-Mormon" = in league with satan.

Idiots

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: January 05, 2019 07:20PM

I had my former Bishop come by my house to ask me why I left after I resigned. I explained the main problems I had with mormon racisn, sexism, homophobia, lies, abuse. And he said,"It sounds like you have been reading anti-Mormon literature."
I said,"What do you consider anti Mormon literature?"
He said,"Anything not sympathetic with the official version of Mormon doctrine."
I said,"Like the original version of the first vision?"
He said,"Well they are all essentially the same."
I shook my head "Nope."
He asked,"Theyre not?"
I answered,"No. The first version only mentions,'the Lord', singular, not plural. Huge difference."
So apparently the only version of the First Vision written in Josephs own hand, is anti Mormon, since it contradicts the heavily edited official (4th) version, written, under duress, 18yrs after the fact after every one of the witnesses left the church.
Got it.
Bobs yer Uncle

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: January 06, 2019 10:13AM

The fun continues. I wonder if the Faithful response to the letter is an indicator of a renewed determination to defend God's Own Corporation in all venues, the Trib only, or it's just a New Year's lark for new recruits to the apologetics brigade?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 06, 2019 10:29AM

Faithful Mormons are obligated not to discuss temple rites. That obligation does not extend to non-Mormons, exMormons, or entities such as newspapers. If church authorities don't want Mormons discussing temple ceremonies, they have to bring it up with those who attend the temple.

Having said that, a part of me wonders if church officials *wanted* this information leaked.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.