Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: January 02, 2019 02:18PM

ANNOUNCEMENT: We are meeting at a NEW LOCATION. It's only a block away from the old one. SEE BELOW.
http://roadkilldelight.com/NOM/SJT1.jpg

map to La Barba Coffee... http://roadkilldelight.com/NOM/LBM1.JPG

Meetup - Sunday, January 6th at La Barba Coffee (Draper, UT)

We meet at 10:00 am to Noon. Come and go as you please. It's casual.

Everyone is welcome - some of us get coffee and some of us don't. No RSVP needed. Sometimes it's a big group, sometimes it's small. So, come on out and join us--we'll steal a bagel, kick a few puppies, and join in loud laughter at the expense of the Lard's Anointed!!

If you're in Utah (depending on where) come on out on Sunday to our meetup. There's good food, coffee, and conversation.

Our location...

La Barba Coffee shop:

Every Sunday, 10:00 am to Noon.

LA BARBA COFFEE
13811 Sprague Ln. (immediately east of I-15 and South of the Harmons Grocery)
Draper, UT 84020

It's better than a poke in the eye.

Seriously, many of us that show up have bought the t-shirt and understand where you are coming from. Sometimes being able to meet with other ex-mos in person is a life-saver. Come on out and tell us your story.

(Please, NO outside food or drink.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: January 02, 2019 04:45PM

Did Harmon's finally have too many complaints from the Draper morgs?

:)

Date: January 02, 2019 10:32PM

Nope. They changed the policy of how they "rented" the space. They said they were bringing it in line with what other conference space rental places charge (because) they felt they were losing money.

Previously, I would pay for the space by buying a Harmons gift card. $30/2hrs. That was their corporate policy. I was free to use the full value of the gift card in the store. So, that worked perfect for me. I generally shop there anyway, so it really cost me zero. And I had already paid in advance through the end of 2018.

Harmons now actually charges $50/2hrs. But the catch is that you don't get a gift card. It's a hard $50. That is a non-starter for me.

Whomever the dipshit was that came up with that has their head up their ass. Members of the group spent a decent amount of money every week there - far more than what they take in under the new policy. Their loss. Bye, Felicia.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2019 10:34PM by Bite Me.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: January 03, 2019 01:37AM

Back in my married days, I lived in Sandy, almost Midvale and we shopped at Harmons almost exclusively. That was in the days before Costco etc.

Now, my ex (living in the same house) shops only at Costco or Sam's, or sometimes Smith's although she's such an organized shopper she knows to get everything at the big places.

My kids gave me a Harmon's gift card for Christmas and I went to the one here in downtown SLC and the $20 didn't go nearly as far as if it had been $20 at Smith's. I think they're too expensive.

Date: January 03, 2019 01:51AM

They can be spendy. Where I shop depends on what I'm buying. I have certain things I get at Harmons, others at Costco, WinCo, Walmart, and other ethnic markets. It just depends on what I'm doing/making that week. Since I'm always out and about, I just plan my stops based on where I'm going to be that day.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: January 05, 2019 11:20PM

Topping.

Posted by: Born in fell out ( )
Date: January 06, 2019 08:13PM

Off topicbut...Bought identical items for easy chili at harmons and winco. Same brands etc.
Harmons $17.50
Winco. $12.88
------
How was attendance today at the new locatio with snow and all.

Date: January 07, 2019 01:42AM

Nice savings!

Today at La Barba Coffee was good. I believe there was about 23 or 24 people there. About 5 of them were first-timers. Definitely some interesting discussions.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.