Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: January 07, 2019 02:12PM

Last Friday, my never-mo wife and I had lunch at a local Oregon City Mexican place and then went on a nice walk up to the "Promontory" view point afterward.

When we reached the street on the walk down, there were 2 missionaries in our path. We all said hi and started chatting. They were both brand new to the area, only been there 1 and 2 days respectively. One was from Utah and one from Canada. I told them I used to be mormon, went to BYU, but no longer believed any of it and quit. One smiled and said we didn't have to get into any of that stuff.

I asked if they had lunch and they said they had a dinner appointment later. Dinner was several hours away. I pulled out $20 and told them to have a meal on me, get a burger or something. Then I told them to take heed, as I was an ex-mormon who no longer believes in the church, yet I was acting with kindness and compassion toward them. I pointed out that people that leave the church may not be what they think or what they've been taught.

They were quite surprised and thanked me very sincerely, and I felt good inside.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: deja vue ( )
Date: January 07, 2019 02:24PM

Nicely done.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.