Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: January 08, 2019 05:54AM

As I may have said before on this board. Stay away from the Catholic Church. Mormonism is bad but Catholisism is way worse. From the worshipping of dead body parts, to freaky wax statues dripping with blood at every church, to Roman torture devices, to strange men who are in charge, and of course the divine virgin (whatever the hell that is?).

It's a creepy place, far more unsettling than mormonism.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 08, 2019 06:41PM

Even many Catholics consider members of Opus Dei to be bat-guano crazy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2019 06:41PM by summer.

Posted by: bona dea unregistered ( )
Date: January 08, 2019 07:03PM

Not only are most Catholics unaffiliated with Opus Dei, I read the story on an official Catholic website earlier today.They were pretty open about it.The OP can think the Catholic church is worse than the Mormon, but I don't agree.Their services are more uplifting, they don't try to control your whole life down to how many earrings you wear and they are a lot better at charity. Yes, they have problems as the abuse scandal which also exists in the Mormon church.Also, they dont worship dead body parts which are called relics. The only place I have seen a human relic is in Europe and they go back to the Middle Ages and they are not worshipped. They are venerated which is different and most modern Catholics know that many relics are not even authentic

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: January 08, 2019 07:11PM

"The OP can think the Catholic church is worse than the Mormon church ..."

He doesn't.

He does think that the Catholic hierarchy needs a major purge, and that the entire population of priests and nuns needs to be carefully scrutinized, as well as any new candidates for the novitiate.

Date: January 08, 2019 07:30PM

Sorry, I thought you were the OP.I should have checked before writing. Anon this week is the one I was talking about. Yes, the church needs an overhaul in regard to sexual abuse

Date: January 08, 2019 07:34PM

Should be I thought anono was the OP, not you. It is annoying not being able to correct. I need to get logged in

Date: January 08, 2019 07:52PM

"...the church needs an overhaul in regard to sexual abuse"

The Catholic church should be the gold-standard of cleric behavior, and management of problem priests and nuns.

It has not been, it is not now, and I see no evidence that it will become so in finite time.

Date: January 08, 2019 07:57PM

I should add that I was educated in Catholic schools thru high-school, and had excellent teachers. I was never mistreated, never knew anyone who had been, and never heard a rumor of such.

I am however disgusted with how the Catholic church has "managed" the problems it clearly has with member abuse.

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: January 08, 2019 08:40PM

Seems to me, that is what happens when men are denied to be able to indulge in the natural act of sex.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.