Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Critte4rCeeper ( )
Date: January 20, 2019 03:19PM

Hello! I was curious about how LDS family services works. Are only members allowed to adopt through it? Do they have to pay tithes to be eligible to adopt? Are the fees comparable to a normal adoption agency? Also, are the requirements/home studies, etc as strict? I am starting to think about going this route for lack fo other options and getting desperate..

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: January 20, 2019 03:41PM

I doubt ExMormons would have up to date information. I’m sure their goal is to have 100% of babies placed with devout Mormon couples.

Posted by: anonme ( )
Date: January 20, 2019 03:49PM

LDS, Inc. stopped doing adoptions a few years ago. They refer pregnant women to some online adoption site where they can choose their own "temple worthy" couple to adopt their baby.

Posted by: gone4good ( )
Date: January 20, 2019 06:40PM

they would never give a non member one of their babies. you may have to join and pay money, never heard of anyone joining, getting one of their babies and then taking the baby and leaving. they want those little members!!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.