Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mel ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 03:51PM

I am so happy and grateful to have found this Board.

As I look back at being sucked into TSCC step by step inch by inch without even knowing that it was happening or how and why that happened to me, coming here, getting support and hearing the stories of others who got out has been a lifesaver for me.

So I just wanted to say, thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 04:52PM

I am nevermo, but I am also happy and grateful to have found this board.

I have learned so much here (often, things I was previously ignorant of, but really DID need to learn), and I am better in every way for having been able to interact here.

I greatly appreciate everyone who is a part of this community--you each have done more for me than you could probably ever understand.

I imagine that many others here, including those who pass through briefly, on their way to other destinations on their own life paths, probably feel the same way.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 06:13PM

It has saved what little of my sanity I have left many, many times.

I think we should nominate Eric, and all the admins past and present for sainthood. They deserve it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2019 06:14PM by Heidi GWOTR.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 07:19PM

Mel, we are so happy to have you! People like you are why this board came into being. I've been here for more than a decade and it is a lovely place.

Date: January 22, 2019 07:47PM

Thank you, summer, and I agree, Heidi, sainthood for the admins!

I would have had to struggle all through this myself without the board, and would not have done well. I believe it has saved my sanity also, because I think TSCC was driving me crazy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2019 07:47PM by mel.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 08:00PM

Yes ^ ^

I floundered, alone in my dis-belief, for several years, before finding RFM. I took my children out of Mormonism, because they were being physically abused by the priesthood leaders, and I new nothing more than that.

Thanks to RFM, I discovered that I had been forcing my children to belong to a CULT! I learned the Truth here, and that gave me the power to stand up to the nasty Mormons.

I learned, here on RFM, that we could actually resign! I did not know that. Resigning stopped almost all the Mormon harassment.

RFM gave me emotional support, many times, in facing new problems with Mormons, and in dealing with old (fake) friends in our mostly Mormon neighborhood, who were shunning us and spreading lies about us.

RFM helped me deal with fear and guilt.

Most of all, the lovely posters on RFM prove that there really are kind people in the world! "Where's the love?"
Here on RFM!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 09:21PM

I found RfM years after resigning from the cult. For years I suffered in silence and alone because I didn't know anyone else who'd been through a similar life experience of living through Mormonism and leaving it before finding RfM online. Well, except for a ex-Mo friend in southern Utah.

It will be four years this March since I registered here. It is one way to "pay it forward" to others who may be searching or needing support of giving back while getting so much in return.

For years I was working two jobs back to back twelve hours a day, 60 hours a week, for twelve years straight while getting my children raised. That didn't leave me much time to do anything else but work and sleep.

Now I'm down to one job and I feel as light as a feather. :)

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 09:37PM

Not much beats finding your own people.

I carried the pain around for nearly forty years buried all the way to China. RFM let me finally let it surface, dust it off, make sense of it, and own it instead of vice versa--or at least it's a tug of war now.

So glad you are here, mel.

Date: January 23, 2019 10:04AM

Done & Done Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not much beats finding your own people.

And people unfamiliar with the cult could never understand.

Thank you, Done and Done, for being here also, your things from China have surfaced and now help others including me!

:)

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 23, 2019 10:25AM

I'm pleased you got that, mel. My never-mo and never-religious partner of decades doesn't get it at all. I can't fault him, but I wish he could really get what us Exmos go through and how the aftertaste lingers. Being understood is one of life's greatest gifts.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: January 23, 2019 12:39AM

I honestly don't remember how long I've been hanging out here. Well over a decade, at least.

I've been over Mormonism for ages. Now, I enjoy the community, and love encouraging the newbies. I've made some good friends here, too.

Thanks, Eric, for the community!

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: January 23, 2019 04:47AM

Of course you did not know what was happening. You were targeted and manipulated into converting.

The amount of deception Mormons use to recruit new workers for the cult is deplorable.

Date: January 23, 2019 10:02AM

Elyse,

Quote: "You were targeted and manipulated into converting."

YES!

I consider myself smart, and educated, and aware....I never thought this could happen to me. But it did. SO grateful I found the support of the Board.

Many of the discussions here I print out in entirety to re-read in any dark nights or moments of weakness. They are invaluable. Thank you all again. :)

Mel

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: January 23, 2019 10:20AM

So grateful for this board. People here have become friends just like old school chums.

The news of losing our SuzieQ#1 took me aback like news of a neighbor or dear family member had passed. She was one of ours ... ours on this board.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.