Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: herewegoagain ( )
Date: January 25, 2019 09:51AM

Lyin for the Lord in 2019! Continued...

“The LDS church has been a victim of hate crimes over the years and we understand the importance of this,” Stephens said. “All men and women are God’s sons and daughters and we think they should be treated with civility and respect, and that no group should be targeted for crime based on membership in that group.”

https://www.standard.net/news/government/lds-church-says-it-s-not-opposed-to-hate-crime/article_5d5a60c9-2e9d-5062-9ad9-fdec2ee55d75.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: annon1 ( )
Date: January 25, 2019 10:07AM

The church causes their own hate by the things they say. It would help if they didn't let Oaks give talks at general conference.

Posted by: herewegoagain ( )
Date: January 25, 2019 10:11AM

annon1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The church causes their own hate by the things
> they say. It would help if they didn't let Oaks
> give talks at general conference.

IMO, they should never be allowed to use the word "victim" when referring to themselves.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 25, 2019 10:18AM

This article verifies the control the Mormon Aristocracy have over the state government. Now that the Gerontocracy give permission, the bill can be passed. Before. NO.

And as for what Stephens says---- Mormons prefer to do their hate crimes the semi-legal way, like Prop H8 for example. Yes, the Mormons were certainly treating the gay people with civility and respect there weren't they.

They certainly treat the kids of gays with civility and respect, don't they.

Nothing more respectful and civil than hooking a terrified gay kid up to electroshock therapy.

There is more to a hate crime than a can of spray paint on a ward house.

Mormons are whiney babies.

This article made me particularly sick of Mormons today.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: January 25, 2019 10:32AM

ugh! That article was mega disgusting! Oh they have been victims of hate crimes for years! When monkeys fly out of my butt! LDS thinks it can do anything no matter how wrong with no repercussions. What jerks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2019 10:34AM by Aquarius123.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: January 25, 2019 10:38AM

Prop 8. Packer. Oaks. Policy targeting children of gay parents. All these and many more cause the "good" Mormon kids at school tacit permission to bully and torment kids who they perceive as different. I've seen it happen, often with tragic results.

That's the real persecution.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: January 26, 2019 02:15PM

One word may be offensive

Hate crimes and hate in general does happen against mormons as individuals. Unfortunately this can lend credence to the overall mormon perception of persecution.

Two examples of the hatred that is out there.

When I was stationed at an out of moridor military base I routinely participated with a group of fellow military members in hiking and rafting.

One day I was informed I was no longer invited to participate because I was a Mormon and their pastor/chaplain had told them they needed to "hate mormons". They acknowledged I had never preached Mormonism to them and several in the group weren't even aware I was mormon. But the edict had been given and I was bannished.

Another time I was sitting by a full colonel in the salt lake airport waiting for a flight. We werd watching the news. A story came on about a little 9 year old girl that was struck by lightning and killed. I heard the colonel mutter "good, one less mormon bitch that'll breed."

While not direct crimes, they do reflect a culture out there oh hate.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.