Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: justap ( )
Date: January 26, 2019 11:54PM

It's so hard for me to be myself on social media. There's this part of me that wants to please my Mormon family and there's this other part of me that wants to be a freethinker but I know I'm ostracizing my family through every Carl Sagan Meme. I know the truth about both sides of my family in Utah. They were far from perfect. I know what I went through growing up in Utah County... too much to describe here. I know I can never go back and I haven't seen my mom in 11 years. She threw her coffee maker away before the missionaries would enter her home. Whatever. I had Mormon missionaries tell me my daughter was a blaphemous being from Satan because she was a transgender and they also told me that Cain was the punishment of God by turning his skin black and I'm like really? Wow I thought evolution was the answer here...has nothing to do with the crap they spew at you just to make money. Why didn't my mom throw away her Johnson and Johnson baby powder or her Arsenic filled steamed rice? I mean really it's ridiculous. I got out of Utah and WOW I found out my great grandfather went there (Utah) and got suckered into this crap.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 27, 2019 09:30PM

Who knows what led our forebears into Mormonism? What matters is you were able to find your way out.

No it isn't easy, but you're worth it. Happy trails!

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 28, 2019 07:25PM

So stay off social media.

I mean, it can sometimes have its uses.
But mostly, it's there to collect data on you, serve you ads, and make money for the folks who run it...who needs that? Or the anxiety it's causing you about family?

Cut the cord. :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.