Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: February 04, 2019 11:18AM

I see the missonaries occasionally here in my quasi-ghetto location, either on bikes or walking.

Friday night last, I worked at my part time job where I'm usually done by 11pm but for a valid reason I left at just past 1030pm, along with a young guy who had been training me on a new computer system.

I was VERY hungry so I drove to my favorite haute cuisine place, Taco Bell, just a few blocks from home. When I'd got my order, I drove home, into the parking area and saw 2 elders (based on their name tags) standing in front of the apartment office, which was closed of course, as if they were waiting for someone.

My Taco Bell was getting cold so I continued to the parking lot so I could get home and eat. The thought crossed my mind (very briefly) that I should go see if they needed help but I didn't. I haven't heard if there were any missionaries in trouble Friday night so I guess I was OK to ignore them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: February 04, 2019 12:15PM

Guess they're not afraid of turning into a pumpkin because they're usually supposed to be in bed by 10:30pm. It used to be a big deal to be out of your apartment at night. My asshat MP thought that he was overtly generous by allowing us missionaries to stay up on New Year's eve at "ward party-social" until (drumroll please...) 11pm. That was all the excitement that we were entitled to. To make sure that we complied with this edict, every ZL in my mission had to physically verify that every missionary was obedient and inside their apartment. That meant that the ZL prick went around during the party at 10pm with a garbage bag to motivate you to toss your food and drink away. It was his way to say "the party is over". Then he followed us as we rode in the back seat of the sister's mission vehicle to our apartment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2019 12:17PM by messygoop.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: February 04, 2019 01:07PM

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Happy one-hour-til-New-Years!!!"

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: February 04, 2019 01:41PM

Maybe they were locked out of their apartment or maybe g hey were stiffed on a promised ride home.

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: February 04, 2019 03:08PM

Those sound like possible reasons. They were probably waiting for the office to bring keys over to get back in their place

Posted by: Mormon Nomore ( )
Date: February 04, 2019 04:07PM

What you witnessed was very likely a fake.

https://www.lifesizemissionary.com

Pass the word.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.