Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bezoar ( )
Date: February 20, 2019 01:11PM

I just saw this story in the local Utah news:

"Former Vice Squad Cop Arrested After Human Trafficking Sting In Lehi On Valentine's Day"

https://fox13now.com/2019/02/20/former-vice-squad-cop-arrested-in-valentines-day-prostitution-sting-in-lehi/

This vague sentence in the article is interesting:

“Moss has also served as a leader of a local religious congregation. This also placed Moss in a unique position of trust that allowed him access to vulnerable individuals that could be exploited."

The article doesn't give any details on his "religious affiliation." Has anyone heard of him? Been in his ward, perhaps?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rocomop ( )
Date: February 20, 2019 02:41PM

Over on another, very strict, forum, he's been ID'd as a currently serving bishop.

Living two lives is tough!

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: February 20, 2019 04:20PM

>LEHI, Utah — A man who serves as a bishop for a local LDS congregation and who formerly supervised a police vice squad was arrested after a human trafficking sting conducted in Lehi on Valentine’s Day.

Later on, we find this:

>Moss is currently serving as the bishop for a local congregation of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. According to LDS.org, he oversees the Mill Pond Ward in Lehi.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: February 20, 2019 04:45PM

I am wondering if major media ignores this as a major story because the Mormon church is already a strange entity and is obscure by most people. 'Another Mormon bishop is involved in a sex trafficking ring. Tomorrow's weather is...'

I wish there was more coverage of how such individuals rise up in Mormonism and use it as a cover for their activities.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: February 20, 2019 05:41PM

We've noted some pretty bad Mormon behavior, but I haven't seen anything quite this remarkable. It' amazing how many Mormons in power have turned out to be sexual predators of girls, women, and boys. Others have turned out to be thieves, who bilked old women out of their savings, or defrauded investors in various business ventures. All are forgiven so long as they don't publicly embarrass the church.

Posted by: Anon this time ( )
Date: February 21, 2019 08:30AM

I think my cousin (who is a Lehi cop working vice-squad) is in that ward, but I suspect that he is "less active", so may not knw the creep all that well.

Posted by: Hugh Geoffens-Kaamm ( )
Date: February 21, 2019 09:45AM

"It takes faith to believe that the resurrected Lord is watching over the daily details of His kingdom. It takes faith to believe that He calls imperfect people into positions of trust. It takes faith to believe that He knows the people He calls perfectly, both their capacities and their potential, and so makes no mistakes in His calls."

-Henry B. Eyring

Yeah, right.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: February 21, 2019 12:37PM

Many, many, many years ago (yes that many) I had a 7th grade teacher by the name of Pete Moss and he was from Lehi, which I remember since my sister lived there. Yes, Pete Moss and he made it clear there were to be no jokes about his name.

If I was 12-13 then, he was surely 30 years older, so maybe he's a great grandfather of David N. Moss. Not a really common name and there's a chance he's already passed.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: February 21, 2019 07:24PM

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: February 21, 2019 07:34PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.