Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 24, 2019 08:28AM

This is not a hoax.

"The first annual Christian witches convention is set to be hosted in Salem, Massachusetts, this April and will feature internationally recognized Prophet Calvin Witcher who agrees with the convention’s host that Jesus was a sorcerer and the Bible is really a “book of magic.” The Rev. Valerie Love, the force behind the event who describes herself as a practicing Christian witch and an ordained minister of spiritual consciousness, recently launched the Covenant of Christian Witches Mystery School to help Christians tap into magic, which critics are condemning as “dangerous.” She insists there is nothing wrong with the idea of Christians practicing magic despite biblical warnings against it. In an extended discussion with Witcher approximately two months ago on reconciling the practice of witchcraft and Christianity, Witcher, whose website says he “brings God’s messages to humanity through powerful teaching and training, allowing non-traditional followers to hear the divine voice of hope,” said the Bible is a “huge book of sorcery.”

I'm wondering what took em so long? It will become an annual tradition for the town of Salem, Massachusetts and maybe help bring healing to that area that is a blight on our national history. Most of the accused burned in the Salem witch trials weren't really witches to begin with. Still, an appropriate place to hold an annual convention IMHO.

https://endtimeheadlines.org/2019/02/jesus-was-a-sorcerer-bible-a-book-of-magic-say-christian-witches-ahead-of-first-annual-convention/?fbclid=IwAR33c34_okBkW6DEdBYb0wByZPEJYxWQsUdn1i6Vse5dFRmaYpSB6U2abgo

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rocomop ( )
Date: February 24, 2019 10:16AM

No Salem accused witches were burned in the making of this devastatingly exciting news.

Other than that, carry on.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 24, 2019 10:18AM

Way too much time on their hands.

Posted by: onewayjay ( )
Date: February 24, 2019 10:33AM

Witches?

Doesn't that describe Mothers in law?

Date: February 24, 2019 10:51AM

As a potential future MIL, I resemble that!

;o)

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: February 24, 2019 11:46AM

It’s probably a form of Wicca or similar religion. They claim to have “ witches” of every denomination. I’m surprised they waited that long.They( Wicca) always had Conferences, but mixed, witches, wiccans,druids, etc. I guess they’re finally getting their own Christian Wiccan conference; I wonder what that’s going to be like.
I’ve been to Salem a few times in the past. I like this one tour ride that’s shaped like a duck. It takes you around the town for a tour, then it switches to boat mode, as it takes you on a Harbour tour.
Salem is interesting, just don’t go around Halloween/ Samhain

Date: February 24, 2019 12:51PM

I'm curious whether the Prophet Calvin Witcher's surname is made up or one he was born with?! :o)

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: February 24, 2019 04:25PM

So the duck floats. . .

But does it weigh the same as a witch?

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: February 24, 2019 12:11PM

Exodus 22:18 King James Version (KJV)

Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Looks like we have some killing to do.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 24, 2019 02:50PM

The Romans were just doing their job.

Posted by: Jim Barrett ( )
Date: February 24, 2019 04:48PM

'Thou shalt neither vex a stranger...' (Exodus22:21)

So... get to know the witch, then kill her?

Posted by: logged out today ( )
Date: February 24, 2019 01:21PM

Do they weigh the same as a duck?

Also, the Salem "witches" were hanged, not burned.

Posted by: rocomop ( )
Date: February 24, 2019 04:06PM

Except one, who was slowly crushed to death by continually adding large stones to the pile on top of her.

Date: February 24, 2019 04:45PM

No, it was a 71 year old man.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: February 24, 2019 05:43PM

Well it's probably a healthy thing if Christianity can start looking into these old ways again. 200 years ago it wasn't so taboo. Back in Denmark the doctoring that was done was done by witches who I'm sure were all Christened in the Lutheran church. Even the story of Jacob laying the colored sticks in front of the goats magically caused them to conceive more successfully. This is how he got a bigger flock than anyone else around.

I'm on board!

Posted by: elderpopejoy ( )
Date: February 24, 2019 11:31PM

Amyjo noted:

< Most of the accused burned in the Salem witch trials weren't really witches to begin with.>

But maybe some, or a lot of them were!

At one point, back in them wild days in Kirtland, or someplace like that, Joe Junior got a holy revelation sending him and his pals to Salem, Mass., where a copious treasure was promised
to await them there in an old house. Turned out, just another dry hole for Holy Joe and his lads.

The delegation, while there, may have fallen in with some residual Salem witches who put them on their future paths of religious debauchery.

Date: February 25, 2019 08:07AM

People were put to death during the Salem Witch trials for being falsely accused. Notably they were seen as different. Maybe they were introverted, loners, eccentric, etc.

If someone had a personal vendetta against a person then falsely accusing them of witchcraft was a particularly evil way of dealing with their rival.

I doubt there were any real witches back then.

Today there are because Salem now attracts witches and occultists from around the country, maybe the world. It's also a tourist attraction because of its lurid history.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: February 25, 2019 09:58AM

Everyone needs a hobby and and reason to spend money on BS and entertainment.

Date: February 25, 2019 03:16PM

I'm hopeful that as Christian witches their focus is on good magic and they're good little witches.

And warlocks. ;o)

Glinda, the Good Witch of the North:
Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?

Dorothy:
I'm not a witch at all. I'm Dorothy Gale from Kansas.

Glinda, the Good Witch of the North:
Oh. Well, is that the witch?

Dorothy:
Who, Toto? Toto's my dog!

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 25, 2019 04:19PM

Isn’t it more realistic than super secret Golden Plates and Jewish settlement of North America?

Date: February 25, 2019 04:31PM

Yeah, witchcraft is real enough. I don't have to believe in it to know there are others who do.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.