Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: February 28, 2019 10:00AM

Remember that great revelation where we learned god is unhappy when we call mormons mormons? Where we're asked to use the name that includes Jesus Christ every time?

Well that was jusr the first part of the revelation. Remember god gives line upon line.

Here is the next line;

D&C 103: 2 - 4 tells us....

Verse 2 it was called the Melchizedek priesthood because Melchizedek was such a great High Priest.

Verse 3 Before his day it was called "the Holy Priesthood, after the Order of the Son of God."

Verse 4 But out of respect or reverence to the name of the Supreme Being, to avoid the too frequent repetition of his name, they, the church, in ancient days, called that priesthood after Melchizedek, or the Melchizedek priesthood.

So to set right an error thousands of years old and because god loves to heard the vain repetition of his name, we will now abolish the name Melchizedek and restore the name The priesthood after the order of the son of god.

Remember when you sneak into heaven it is now the first token of the Priesthood after the order of the son of god.

When you bless the sick remember it is by the Priesthood after the order of the son of God.

Etc etc etc

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ipo ( )
Date: February 28, 2019 10:06AM

It won't do if it's too short and practical.

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: February 28, 2019 11:28AM

ipo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It won't do if it's too short and practical.

Ha!

Posted by: blacksheep1 ( )
Date: February 28, 2019 07:43PM

Do you think I'm the only one who immediately looked to see what it's acronym would be? Holy PATOOTSOG, probably soon shortened to 'Holy Patoots'.
I'd be rooting for a further devolution into 'Holy Patootie!'

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: February 28, 2019 01:29PM

"research is not the answer",

You are using logic to state your case, that kind of thinking will get you no where.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: February 28, 2019 02:46PM

Most leaders have never read their own scriptures.

That's what I countered (actually requested) to be shown a scripture that tells us which hand to use when partaking the sacrament. Not an obscure reference to a 1950s church magazine.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: February 28, 2019 05:59PM

Isn't that fun to call those religious fanatics on their scripture proclamations?

I've such a friend, that a few years ago, when Netanyahu went to Washington and Obama refused to meet him.

My friend said that it was one of the signs of the last days were near as foretold in the Bible. Something about the leader of Israel being ignored by the ruler of the new world.

I scoured the bible and Google and couldn't find anything, so I politely asked for chapter and verse where I could find these last day signs. He replied a couple weeks later and said he was busy preparing his Easter presentation at his church and would get back to me later.

It's been over 4 years and haven't heard a word yet.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 28, 2019 06:08PM

messygoop:

Remember, Left = Sinister!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.