Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: March 18, 2019 01:50AM

Or is that another one of the many changes/deletions to the fully restored temple ordinances that have been introduced in the past decade or so?

It seems like I remember a while back somebody mentioning that they cut it out. But the memory is hazy and could be due to an excess of sacramental wine.

In any case, I always thought that "Pay, Lay, Ale" was false advertising. At least in modern times.

I think "No pay. No lay. No ale." would have been more accurate. But maybe in Nauvoo there was abundant pay, good lay and plentiful ale. I'll leave it to the scholars to opine on that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: March 18, 2019 01:59AM

It was changed to "Oh God, hear the words of my mouth"

Date: March 18, 2019 03:52AM

[|] Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was changed to "Oh God, hear the words of my
> mouth"

There are so few opportunities for people to speak in the pure Adamic language in modern times.

I'm shocked that the leaders of the Mormon church have taken such a cavalier attitude with regard to the sacred vowels and consonants of the Adamic tongue.

TBH, "Oh God, hear the words of my mouth" sounds like something a stupid person would say.

I can almost hear Loki replying: "Not today! Today I want to listen to the words of your butt, as you testify of my greatness with every fiber of your beans."

I swear, if the top leader guys aren't fully immersed in some kind of weird psychosis that causes them to actually believe even half of the nonsense they put out there, they must be laughing their heads off in private meetings as they marvel at the gullibility of their flock of Mormons.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: March 18, 2019 08:00AM

I was thinking the same thing.

God says, "Well, you realize I know your every thought and most of the time you are talking out your rear. So, ~today~ you just want me to hear the words out of your oral orifice?"

Posted by: Razortooth ( )
Date: March 18, 2019 11:58AM

They have to say "the words of my mouth" so god won't automatically assume they are, as usual, talking out of their ass.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 18, 2019 02:03AM

It was part of the never changing gospel because god doesn't change unless a 1990 survey revealed that penalties and blood oaths made tithing payers uncomfortable in the temple.

Date: March 18, 2019 04:07AM

messygoop Wrote:
> It was part of the never changing gospel because
> god doesn't change unless a 1990 survey revealed
> that penalties and blood oaths made tithing payers
> uncomfortable in the temple.

I was taught to believe that the "RESTORATION" was carefully, ever so carefully, given to Joseph Smith, line by line, precept by precept....

So naturally, you would expect that EVERYTHING having any connection to the crown jewel of the restoration, yay, even the HOLY TEMPLE and the great works done therein, which are even too sacred to speak of outside of those consecrated walls...WELL CERTAINLY all things temple related would be the result of the most perfect and correct embodiment of true revelation possible.

But...I guess not.

The Brethren seem to feel free to cross out, erase and redline anything they don't like, whenever the mood hits them.

=====

GBH: "Hey, Dallin, what do you think about the disembowelment gestures that have been an integral part of the endowment ordinance ever since Joseph Smith first revealed it more than 150 years ago?"

DHO: "The what? Oh...that. You can go ahead and get rid of it, Gordo. I mean it's up to you. But I don't see any use for it. Creeps people out...at least that's the word on the street."

GBH: "Okay, it's gone. How about you, Tom? What do you think about the throat slitting gesture?"

TSM: "I don't like it Gordon. It reminds me of that time when I was mowing the lawn for Widow Buggan and the mower blade got loose and went flying at Widow Buggan and, long-story-short, I never got anymore cookies after she died in that freak accident."

GBH: "Oh, cut it out Tom. We all know you didn't mow lawns for widows."

TSM: "Yeah, whatever. But get rid of the throat-slashing thing. Everytime I take a big gulp of diet coke, you know, I think about it and it ruins the pause that refreshes, if you know what I mean."

GBH: "Okay, it's gone. I think that's enough deletions for today."

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 18, 2019 10:16AM

"Xenu" = you marks are so stupid you'll believe anything that's new...like DC-8 jetliners flying people to other planets millions of years ago --

Posted by: nomonomo ( )
Date: March 18, 2019 10:28AM

So, in the past you could drop "pay lay ale" into a conversation to make it clear that you knew secrets from the temple. What can you do now to surprise someone who's only been in the temple since 1990?

Posted by: elderpopejoy ( )
Date: March 19, 2019 11:17PM

nomonomo Wrote:
> What can you do now to
> surprise someone who's only been in the temple
> since 1990?

Show them the ruby-red scars on your brow from the stupid Chef Boyardee hat they had you wear for an hour or so.

A typical Freemasonical-Mormonic mind-control hat that.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: March 18, 2019 10:34AM

Russel M. Nelson: "The PAY part of that is still very relevant - as in TITHING ya know."

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 18, 2019 10:41AM

The thing with God is that even though His Omniscience knows everything, EVERYTHING--every plant and animal, every hair on your head, every thought we have, every deed we do---if you really want to get God's attention, you still gotta go to the temple, dress up in a weird outfit and you still gotta raise your hands over your head tossing aside gauzy veils and balancing baker's hats, and murmur, "Hey God! My mouth. Yo! Please notice there is something coming out of it. Listen up man. I have the best words. Er, I mean, "Oh God hear the words of my mouth."

He's busy, but, clowning around always gets him to notice you.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 18, 2019 10:51AM

Since that's been dropped from the temple rites, why not add an organ grinder, with a monkey for a sidekick?

Now THAT'S TRADITION!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 18, 2019 10:54AM

Where else would words come besides your mouth ? This is just more LD$ Inc. wordiness.
Why don't they just say "O god, hear my words" ?

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 18, 2019 10:57AM

One thing that you were supposed to learn was how to "pray in the true order of prayer."

Well it was useless. Get a circle of clowns in their costumes, then repeat everything that was said by the temple worker.

P-a-t-h-e-t-i-c!

I thought that I would see this in action outside of the temple. Somewhere in the church. Nope!

Not at private bishopric meetings, homes, or even adult firesides for endowed members.

Basically, nothing learned or acquired from getting your personal endowment was ever applied to anything outside of the temple.

And I went through a temple prep class with other prospective 18 year old elders (and some more mature 20 year old women) that planned on serving a mission. Nothing in that class prepared me for being naked, my private parts touched and the shock of being ordered to make promises to give everything to the church.

I never felt comfortable in the temple.

Posted by: SuperDell ( )
Date: March 18, 2019 11:15AM

Sadly, use of the Pure Adamic language has gone the way of the Deseret Alphabet.

Almost as scarce as Deseret 3 dollar bills.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: March 19, 2019 08:00PM

I had to learn the Deseret Alphabet.

Grandma was sure Jesus would come any day and she wanted me prepared.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.