Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 21, 2019 02:40PM

I've said that Mormons are highly nomatic, especially certain groups of them...

-Many prefer the burbs ('edge cities') as places to live (families, children); nothing unusual there, 'eh?

Also, I've seen a lot of Mormons flee the Seattle area for far-away regions; some to Wyoming, Idaho for example.

the unskilled members sometimes get an inheritance & think they can set up shop in tourist places such as Sandpoint, Id (+others) & live better than in the western PNW.

a few come back after a year or two, somewhat disillusioned about surviving away from their PNW peeps, our mild climate, etc. Some have told me of going bust in these other places because they couldn't compete with long-term residents.

One of my fav doctors moved to Salmon, ID hoping to make a better life even though he seldom went to downtown seattle, lived in a comfortable home in Innis Arden, etc.

Seems like they Don't move to Utah, I guess more ppl (then anyway) were moving OUT of Utah.

what about this have others seen? I'm curious.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2019 02:41PM by GNPE.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bobofitz ( )
Date: March 21, 2019 02:51PM

I’ve been out the Mormon Church for a long, long time but lived in Utah for a long time. No set rules here but my observation is that unless a native Utahn is hired by a national or international company and transferred out, they stay here. If transferred out...they come back when they retire ....or sooner if they have a chance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.