Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 19, 2019 08:39PM

Mormons just thought it was hollow and giants lived at the North Pole.

https://www.nowscience.co.uk/single-post/2019/03/19/Flat-Earthers-are-planning-an-expedition-to-the-Antarctic-to-find-the-edge-of-the-world

"It has to be said that the Flat Earth community is growing. A group of 'theorists' who believe the world is actually flat are organising conventions, cruises, a planned television series, and future expeditions to uncover what they believe are the hidden truths and mysteries of the world.

Controversial YouTube star Logan Paul recently expressed his desire to journey to the edge of the Earth and will release a documentary called “The Flat Earth: to the Edge and Back” premiering March 20.

Although this might seem like a frightening prospect for someone with this belief system, many flat earthers actually think the earth is neatly tucked inside a dome, ‘snow globe’ style. This dome theory suggests there shouldn’t any risk of clumsily tumbling off the edge like a gigantic version of your front porch step. Phew.

Despite the fact there have been nearly 100 years of pioneers, aviators, navigators, and explorers who’ve already circumnavigated the world in planes, sailboats, ships, and hot air balloons, people still believe the earth is flat."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2019 12:18AM by anybody.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 19, 2019 08:43PM

Makes me want to buy one of those T-shirts that looks like a NASA logo and says "Not Flat--we checked"

Posted by: Hot Choc ( )
Date: March 22, 2019 01:22PM

Personally, I don't see the point of hiding a flat Earth. It would be incredibly expensive to do, and complex, and why would they do it? No Flat Earther has ever given me a valid reason. Some of them say it's to hide God, but the vast majority of the people who believe in God think the world's round, so that one doesn't work either.

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: March 22, 2019 07:38PM

The true reason flat earthers and other conspiracy nuts give for cover ups is, "Who cares? We're special and everyone is against us!"

Insecure idiots.

Posted by: Razortooth ( )
Date: March 19, 2019 08:51PM

If the earth were flat, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: March 19, 2019 08:54PM

"Here be dragons"

Posted by: Hot Choc ( )
Date: March 22, 2019 01:20PM

If you do, you'll get bombarded with videos about it in your suggestions. It's one of the most tedious debates around. I've watched three videos on the subject and I couldn't take anymore!

I'm more inclined to the view that the promotion of Flat Earth theory is a scheme to ridicule alternative/non-mainstream viewpoints by association. You say anything out of line or subversive, "you're a flat earther". You've got to ask why is this suddenly getting so much money and press coverage? It's been around all my life, but it's only the last few years it seems to have money pumped into it. Where's it coming from?

If they want to go to Antarctica, that's their problem. More fool them. I just hope that they're prepared for food shortages, cold and frostbite.

Date: March 22, 2019 01:30PM

Hot Choc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you do, you'll get bombarded with videos...

Google, NSA, (In-Your)FaceBook, and others have algorithms that search out certain terms and concepts. "Fl*t #ar*h" might be one of them!
>
> You say anything out of line or
> subversive, "you're a flat earther".

Me: "I think the marginal tax rate is too high."
Opponent: "Flat-Earther! Bigot! Nazi!"
>
> If they want to go to Antarctica,...

Actually, I'd love to go to Antarctica, just for the adventure. Problem: I'd have to question their capacity for safe and thorough preparations, equipment, and...uh-oh, what about navigation? There's an area ripe for problems! I'll just save up for Lindblad Expeditions. (Drool.....)

Date: March 22, 2019 01:39PM

Posted by: Jokers4u ( )
Date: March 22, 2019 01:46PM

I’m amazed that anyone who bought the angel, gold plates, seeing and talking to God and Jesus store for most of their lives now try to disparage those who believe the earth is not a round ball hurling through space with oceans that are demonstrably FLAT but still follow the curvature of the ball. I poured water all over my basketball and guess what? It all rolled off. (Oh ya— that gravity theory again). A good friend asked me if the world is flat what is it sitting on to hold it up? I asked him what is holding up this suspended earth ball hurling throu space.

Seriously people we have been educated on a Miriad of impossible lies and learned to believe they are physical truths. Is the eart flat? I don’t know but if I shoot a laser beam 100 miles out from a Navy warship am I to believe the laser beam curves with the curvature of the ball earth? Don’t be so certain about getting on the ball earth theory bandwagon. NASA NOW ADMITS there is no actual photo of the earth from “space”. It’s all computer imaging. We “ went to the moon” in 1969 but now NASA SAYS THEY LOST ALL THE TECHNOLOGY... someone misplaced it all.

I’m dying with laughter about what people will accept as “fact”. Question everything! It’s better to question than to blindly believe.

Date: March 22, 2019 02:07PM

Are you kidding or just crazy?

Ship going below the horizon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nUFLLUahSI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06bvdFK3vVU

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2019 02:11PM by anybody.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 06:41AM

“Question everything” is usually a good idea, but spending more than two seconds questioning if the earth is spherical requires a special level of stupid.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: March 22, 2019 02:36PM

LOL @ exmos who beleaf in the "Global Earth Therory ~

just LOL ~

the Earth demonstrativly appears flat unless the exmo moves at a high velocity relative to it's surface ~

then it appears to be round ~

brb ~ gonna go run back and forth on the moving sidewalks at the airport to test the "Spinning Global Earth Therory ~

brb ~ brb

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 22, 2019 04:33PM

Bible says the Earth has Corners, so, That's IT!

Date: March 22, 2019 07:31PM

I have an idea for what the monument of this expedition should say, "In memory of the Flat Earth Expedition of 2019. They lived and died as idiots."

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: March 22, 2019 11:48PM

Someone (Twain?) said two people could keep a secret if one of them was dead. But flatties (and other truthers) would have us believe millions of scientists, in every country, over several centuries, have ALL been able to keep the secret.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 12:43AM

Russ and Wendy should talk to this Logan Paul guy to get ideas for a new direction for the church. The church might be interested in funding an expedition just in case there is a lost tribe living at the edge. That’s more believable than what they have now.

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 03:50PM

Can it really be possible that these persons are serious?

Date: March 23, 2019 09:03PM

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 07:33PM

If they don't come back, their fellow believers will say they fell off the Earth.

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 08:59PM

I wish them luck in their journey and hope they don't have to eat the sled dogs.

Posted by: lindy ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 04:49AM

Two points.....A)if they eat sled dogs remind them not to eat the livers....
B) Dogs are permanently banned from Antarctica.

Hopefully they have other livestock with them :)

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 04:32AM

The end of the world is where the Moon Quakers live.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 05:48PM

“Mormons just thought it was hollow and giants lived at the North Pole.”

Somebody has to be around to build the big toys.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 07:09PM

Have these people never seen an ocean? Stand by a big enough body of water, and you can easily see the curvature of the Earth.

Date: March 24, 2019 07:49PM

summer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have these people never seen an ocean? Stand by a
> big enough body of water, and you can easily see
> the curvature of the Earth.

I've seen the curve of the Earth on the horizon while at sea. That's one of the big reasons why I have a low opinion of flat earthers.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.