Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Oregon ( )
Date: March 20, 2019 10:46AM

This gal is posting a ton of youtube videos about all things Mormon. This one is about the stupidity of the BOM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Crr6HGTlCCg

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 20, 2019 10:54AM

BOM says that they ate Swine. lol..stupidity: You shall not eat of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you. — Leviticus 11:7–8.

Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: March 20, 2019 11:51AM

Mormons are coming out of the woodwork to argue with her in the comments. Puts a smile on my face when they link to a 14,000 year old Mammoth and argue that as proof for elephants in the Book of Mormon. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2019 11:56AM by mikemitchell.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 20, 2019 12:04PM

IT is impossible to kill it for many believers.

“If you were to drop a nuclear bomb on my testimony, the Book of Mormon would be like the little cockroach that climbs its way to the surface from beneath all the rubble.”
https://www.gregtrimble.com/so-you-think-the-book-of-mormon-is-a-fraud/

I love this analogy. It is a cockroach of a meme. Chloroform in print. A sleep inducing drug and has a life that can survive despite it being a complete fabrication and insult to history, critical thinking, and reasonable preponderance of evidence.

It is a sure sign of superstition as a part of "natural man."

Date: March 20, 2019 12:06PM

I didn't know Greg said that and reading it for the first time caused coffee to spew all over my monitor.

Date: March 20, 2019 12:24PM

His friend said it but he is endorsing it as both a good example and bad analogy. He isn't as dense as his friend. Sorry.

Date: March 20, 2019 12:27PM

It made me laugh, no matter. Thanks Elder Berry.

Date: March 20, 2019 12:35PM

:)

Date: March 20, 2019 05:16PM

His very first bullet - made me LMAO -

--Could an uneducated boy come up with 531 pages of ancient scripture on his own that was historically accurate and prophetic in nature?

Again, historically accurate is in they wrote in some kind of reformed Egyptian, ate swine, had honey bees, steel swords, helmets, breastplates etc.

I will up my bounty. $10,000 for any artifacts that prove Lamanite or Nephite. The church makes the claim, now prove it or shut down.

Posted by: Kristy ( )
Date: March 20, 2019 05:23PM

Two missionaries came to my driveway yesterday. In the conversation, they invited me to "once again pray about the BOM and read it again." I said, "Why, there is no linguistic, archeological, DNA, scientific, or anything remotely resembling support or corroboration for this fiction whatsoever. Nothing..you don't even know the location of the BOM. The Smithsonian Institute has indicated as such. There is no evidence. Even your own church says this is no historical basis, and now try to couch it soley as a faith promoting work. C'mon tell me Elder, give me one sliver of evidence." Crickets. "well we have to go now."

Date: March 20, 2019 06:03PM

Kristy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> sliver of evidence." Crickets. "well we have to
> go now."

Just like that angel with The Golden Plates....

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: March 20, 2019 09:38PM

Kristy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> <snip> ~

> Why, there is no linguistic, archeological,
> DNA, scientific, or anything remotely resembling
> support or corroboration for this fiction
> whatsoever. Nothing..you don't even know the
> location of the BOM.

< <snip> ~

in b 4 ~ well said ~

Date: March 25, 2019 06:31AM

Oregon, thank you for posting this. I've spent a few days now watching all of her videos and reading the comments from Mormons. Looks like she has really hit a nerve with them. But all they can do is either personally attack her or give the mopologist mental gyrations from Fairmormon. This has been interesting.

Posted by: grudunza ( )
Date: March 25, 2019 06:30PM

She’s great in her assessment of Mormonism, but should apply that same level of critical thinking to Christianity and the Bible. Maybe that will be her next series. :D

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 25, 2019 07:26PM

The best/worst part is that she looks *exactly* like A.) you would expect a sister missionary at Temple Square to look, B.) the newly minted bride outside a temple, C.) the perfect mormon mom with 3 or 4 kids....

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: March 25, 2019 07:45PM

She lost me when she says jaradites were jews and that they wouldn't eat things killed by snakes. She obviously doesn't know when jewdom became a religion. And this bit about there was no bees in america? How does she know that? How can anyone know that?

Mormonism is a tangled up mess, but this girl is even more confused.

Date: March 25, 2019 11:33PM

She does get things wrong, but she was never a Mormon. I think what happened was that missionaries knocked on her door and she ended up spending quite a bit of time with them taking discussions etc. and then using google to check what they were telling her.

She probably knows the timeline of the Bible stories but didn't understand much about the Book of Mormon Jaradites and that timeline. Seems in her comments that she is very open to admitting her mistakes and appreciates learning more accurate information.

I watched most all of her videos and the situation made me smile. Missionaries knocking on a door and look what they unleashed! It was a good and amusing diversion for me because I was stuck inside with snow and bad weather.

Many Mormons who are commenting on her videos are trying to use the Fairmormon tactics, other Mormons are just downright nasty to her.

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: March 26, 2019 05:22PM

Liked her presentations.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.