Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bluebutterfly ( )
Date: March 26, 2019 04:51PM

Two out of my three sisters are ultra TBM. One of them cannot be trusted, and the other one is my best friend in the world. She rarely mentions church, thank gawd, and we have millions of other things to talk about. She recently lamented about all the changes happening at church lately. One thing she said (and sorry if this has been posted about...I've been on hiatus for awhile) was that in Relief Society they now sit around in a circle during their lesson. No more decorating the front table with a vase of flowers and grandma's afghan (LOL) and giving a lesson. That was just one of many things that are now different. What I gather from her tone and comments is that the members are confused and don't understand all of the changes that Nelson is making. Why so many? Lowering missionary age, 2 hour block instead of 3, etc., etc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 26, 2019 07:07PM

Next time she mentions something along these lines, suggest to her that she start taking her vitamins...

See, Rusty commented recently that there would be lots more changes coming and that the Saints needed to buckle up and take their vitamins. (I like to pronounce it like the British do, VIT-a-mens! Try it, you'll like it!!)

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 27, 2019 12:05AM

From the sound of it, I would guess that Russ’s vitamins are blue and diamond-shaped.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 27, 2019 12:17AM

The changes will slow as Rusty slows down. He's 94. It won't take long. Actually it's very scary to have anyone 94 years old running such a big organization that so many people are emotionally affected by. I don't care how good of health you are in for your age. Most geriatrics have some form of dementia. The brain is like any other organ. Age takes it's toll on it.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: March 26, 2019 11:16PM

Smile, and tell your sister to chill. None of these changes are important enough to get upset about!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 26, 2019 11:26PM

and, none of them 'reflect Anything of 'eternal' value! they're little more than tweaking at the margins of Practice, not faith or values!

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: March 26, 2019 11:52PM

like kindergarten children.

I mean, seriously, can't they decide at the classroom level how they want to sit?

I can't believe they stand for this...I mean *sit* for this kind of nonsense.

It really is a game of Simon Says.

Simon Says: "Sit in a circle, children."

Sheeple say: "Yes master. baa~aa~aaa"

Simon Says: Don't use the word Mormon, children.

Sheeple say: "Mormon word baa~aa~aad!"

Simon says: "Don't do pageants, children."

Sheeple say: "Paaa~aaa~aa~geants baa~aa~aaad!

Simon says: "Now it's okay to talk to your missionary children, children."

Sheeple say: "Thaa~aaa~aank youu~~uuu!"

They've totally lost their minds and the last vestiges of any dignity they ever had.

Seriously, what the fork!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 27, 2019 12:10AM

My fav MoStory:

once I was tasked with setting up folding chairs in the gym (er, Cultural Hall) for PH;

U know, the usual few-for-leaders facing the rank & file? NO!

I set up the chairs (GASP) IN A CIRCLE so everyone looked at each other face-to-face!!!

when the brothers came into the room... HORRORS!

Date: March 27, 2019 12:30AM

that was the only problem.

If you could have shown them a conference talk by the Grand "PeePisser" President, Prophet, Seer and Revelator (PPSR), saying that circle seating was good, those local brothers would have had no choice but to back your play.

But you did it without hearing the magic words ("Simon Says"), so you were out of line.

Posted by: oregon ( )
Date: March 27, 2019 08:58PM

Get ready for more. Russel is just getting his bed wet. Of course, this actually proves he has mental issues. Watch out for the little yellow notebook..wow...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/22/us/mormon-lds-name-change-revelation/index.html

When the messages come during the dark of night, Russell M. Nelson reaches for his lighted pen and takes dictation from the Lord.

"'OK dear, it's happening,' the president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints tells his wife, Wendy Nelson.

"'I just remain quiet and soon he's sitting up at the side of the bed, writing,' she said in a recent church video.

"Sometimes the spirit prompts the prophet's wife to leave the bed, though she'd rather sleep. One such morning, Wendy Nelson told Mormon leaders, her husband emerged from the bedroom waving a yellow notebook.

"'Wendy, you won't believe what's been happening for two hours,' she recalled Russell Nelson saying. "The Lord has given me detailed instructions on a process I am to follow."

"Nelson's nighttime messages have 'increased exponentially,' his wife said, since last year when the 94-year-old took the helm of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, widely known as the Mormon church.

Date: March 28, 2019 03:49AM

oregon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> "'Wendy, you won't believe what's been happening
> for two hours,' she recalled Russell Nelson
> saying. "The Lord has given me detailed
> instructions on a process I am to follow."
>
What's really funny is that in most situations, if a very elderly husband said this exact same thing to his wife on numerous occasions....doctors and lawyers would probably be consulted. Procedures for involuntary commitment to a mental care facility would possibly be explored.

But in Nelson's case everyone around him just encourages him to double down on the delusion.

RMN: "Wendy, you won't believe what's been happening for two hours. The Lord has given me detailed instructions on a tattoo that every member should receive on their right shoulder. It's the image of a monkey riding a unicorn. And that's not all, the Lord has revealed to me that members of the true church must wear beanies, with propellers and he has given me detailed instructions as to how and when they are to be worn and...and...the propellers are to be powered by rubber bands. It's part of a much bigger process that the Church is to follow and more details are to come."

Wn: "It's pure and unadulterated revelation communicated from God's mind to your mind! You are THE PROPHET! You are THE MAN! What else is the Lord telling you, Russell? Is there anything I can do to help? I think I can get Sheri to look into lining up contracts with some beanie manufacturers."

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 28, 2019 03:07AM

with whispering the new revelations to him. My daughter has also lamented the changes, though she was careful not to say too much to ME. I'm sure she would tell her dad since he doesn't debate her about it. He'd still be mormon if he could be.

My daughter is upset that they changed the meeting schedule to 2 hours. I can't imagine how upset she would have been back when when they changed it to a 3 hour schedule and not the schedule I grew up with.

Date: March 28, 2019 03:59AM

(other than Nelson's pet peeve about the "Mormon" nickname), all have the look and feel of things that would come from the mind of Wendy.

For example, that whole thing about circular seating arrangements sounds exactly like something that would come out of the mind of a person who worked in the area of marriage and family therapy and counseling. A guy like Nelson wouldn't have had less than zero interest in playing around with traditional seating arrangements in Relief Society.

The veils and submission oaths in the temple sound like another Wendy move.

Wendy is Rusty's handler and she's handling with aplomb. In her private moments she probably chuckles to herself as she realizes that she's actually the first female president of the COJCOLDS (albeit unofficially).

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: March 28, 2019 08:03AM

Great comment, excellent points, but I think the Satanic Victory Crisis was Wendy's doing as well.

Russ probably forgot about the whole thing. It was Wendy who dug that crazy idea out of an old talk so that he could feel good about having a single thought of his own.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.