Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: edy ( )
Date: April 06, 2019 12:15PM

i was not ever this excited to watch conference when i was still in the cult but this is different. absolutely cannot wait to see how they spin this latest tablet and lighted pen dream in the night from good old "Leave it to Rusty".

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: April 06, 2019 12:23PM

I'll read the highlights about it here, maybe, but, to actually watch that crap is unthinkable for me.

Posted by: edy ( )
Date: April 06, 2019 12:59PM

i know it's a lot of bs but i just happened to be watching when rusty announced the home and visiting teaching programs would no longer be. you could hear a pin drop and then you could just feel the confusion that set in. these people had no clue what the word ministering even meant. it was funny and a moment not to be missed, seeing all those confused "saints" stunned.

Posted by: Bradrdh ( )
Date: April 06, 2019 01:00PM

This awesome forum is as close as I will ever get at EVER watching GC.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 06, 2019 02:01PM

I had the last hour and 15 minutes of Sat. morning's session on, in the background. I only retain one nugget from my casual listening, Deiter Muppetdorf's 1st rule for being a good missionary: get so close to ghawd that he shines through and people around you will see how wonderful you are and will ask you how they can be like you! You won't have to preach a single embarrassing word!

I think I first heard this sentiment expressed in the 1960s.

Same old, same old... They don't have anything's new. There is nothing they have that I want or need. They are cringeworthy.

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: April 06, 2019 03:45PM

Do y'all think it's a coincidence that the recent policy change and mission length change were announced just before conference? Why couldn't those changes have been announced during conference? I think it's just a big PR move so that people will attend/tune into conference to hear more. Can't have an empty conference center or low viewership numbers! The recent changes are intriguing enough that even ex-mos like the OP will tune in!

Don't get your hopes up. You will hear the same long-winded "pay, pray, obey" talks in the same sing-songy voices. I couldn't force myself to listen to two minutes of it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.