Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: April 05, 2019 03:01PM

It's just not the Mormon church but Christian church's in general that are losing membership. Now with society being more tolerant of homosexuals the old Christian church line of homosexuality is a sin is no longer the social norm.

In a Mormon Leaks video Boyd K. Packer goes, I don't care how powerful these pro-gay groups are. IF they think they are going to influence how this church is ran they don't know who they are dealing with. This was after M Russell Ballard and a representative from the catholic church made some remarks on how powerful the gay or as we now call the LGBTQ movement had become.

Well the church took the hard line and got flack for it. Not only from the outside but from members as well. Apparently exits from the church are increasing and now the leadership of the church are starting to give in.

This of course will make certain members happy but it's also going to make the more orthodox members who actually believe the prophet really is a prophet and every policy he makes is revelation wonder what's going on. Doing a 180 very well could cause the TBM's to exit. Especially if some charismatic orthodox Mormon comes out and says they are the real prophet. Haha! Whenever you see drastic changes in the church splinter groups tend to form.

I think the next ten years will be interesting.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: logged out today ( )
Date: April 05, 2019 03:38PM

"Boyd K. Packer goes, I don't care how powerful these pro-gay groups are. IF they think they are going to influence how this church is ran they don't know who they are dealing with."

If we had video from 1888, we could well have seen:

"Wilford Woodruff goes, I don't care how powerful Edmunds and Tucker are. IF they think they are going to influence how this church is ran they don't know who they are dealing with."

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: April 05, 2019 03:53PM

Haha!

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 05, 2019 03:55PM

Some organizations are full of leaders that "don't get it." I place the church towards the top.

They don't get:

-that they (church leaders) NEED members. They think it's the other way around.
-it has to be a rewarding experience. Their spiritual meetings are awful.
-their message is not attractive to non-members
-people leave because they discover that they have been deceived and or lied to.
-people have many choices when it comes to worship or not to worship
-the church really needs to be part of the world

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: April 06, 2019 09:31PM

You nailed it!

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: April 06, 2019 09:38PM

Even as late as 2015 they couldn’t see that Gay was the new black. Anyone could see that bridge building, not burning, was the only viable path forward. Anyone with any modicum of management sense.

I hope BYU management professors are taking notes on what not to do. Their own church is one big cautionary tale.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2019 09:41PM by babyloncansuckit.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: April 06, 2019 09:52PM

“the church really needs to be part of the world”

There’s the rub. If you’re okay with just being human, they can’t exploit you. TSCC will always be a parasite, but I’m the eternal optimist.

There was a time when Mormon chapels were there for their communities first, cultural differences aside. They tried to be good neighbors. Not anymore. Visitors are only welcomed the way hungry cannibals treat visitors to a hot bath.

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: April 06, 2019 10:00PM

babyloncansuckit Wrote:

> Visitors are only welcomed the way hungry cannibals treat visitors to a hot bath.

Hoo! You’ve got that right!!!

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: April 06, 2019 09:28PM

I doubt that prophetic foibles will have much impact on older TBM's - they will simply ignore what seems obvious to us. Younger TBM's may be somewhat more susceptible to testimonial damage, especially if they are already feeling gentle winds of cogdis.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.