Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Emperor-Librarian ( )
Date: April 07, 2019 03:52AM

One of the biggest stumbling blocks to full church commitment and something that the top brass in the Mormon church don't seem to grasp is that they suck as leaders.

Its my belief that the more TBM someone is, the less informed and more harm will come to their life by following the prophet. There really is no excuse not to think for yourself. Following these men will leave you taken advantage of, broke and running short of any worldly goal you've ever wanted.

Honestly, They demand compliance, they demand sacrifice and just assume that people will jump because they put on the name of Jesus Christ.

They lift themselves up to be equals with Christ and then make lame choices left and right.

1. children with LGBT parents can't be baptized.
2. no wait... children with LGBT parents CAN be baptized.
3. We can shock away the gay.
4. We are against gay conversion therapy.
5. Blacks will never get the priesthood.
6. Blacks can have the priesthood. God sure was mean for a while.
7. Contraception is wicked.
8. No its cool. a husband and wife should decide how big they want their family.
9.Intermarriage is wrong. Its against God and nature.
10. No we never said that. Intermarriage isn't even on our radar.
11. Native americans are Jews.
12. Well maybe some are jews.
13. Book of Abraham, writings of Abraham in Egypt.
14. Well, maybe not his writings. But, it inspired the words of Abraham to come outta Joseph's head. Content is true.
15. I'm a mormon boy!
16. what the hell you just call me?
17. Celestial marriage is needed to reach the Celestial kingdom. Duh!
18. No polygamy was just a thing pioneers had to do. Nobody actually slept with their extras though. Honest!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: April 07, 2019 04:05AM

I know TBM people who have done really well in life. Life has lot's of variables. Are they bad leaders? The church is still there and they seem to have a lot of money. I don't exactly get there with bad leadership.

I would put it this way. The church might be a disaster for some people and it might work for others. For me it wasn't my thing. I'm a lot happier out of it than in it.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: April 07, 2019 09:54AM

Competence and success aren’t necessarily the same thing.

Posted by: Emperor-Librarian ( )
Date: April 07, 2019 10:22AM

As I said above. If you were to truly follow every little thing they said your head would be spinning. When we talk about leadership in the church, I am not talking about the business venture. I am talking about their supposed role as God's mouth piece on earth. They dictate to the masses what they should think.

There are TBMs that do great. But, doing great either by thinking strategically about how to apply the principles in their lives. Hook line and sinker equals desolation to your goals and finances, sorry. I've seen it too many times. People that do well are doing so, in spite of the church.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 07, 2019 08:39AM

They (along with other religious leaders) are just people. They may be talented at administering a large organization, but they have no special insight or wisdom about spiritual matters. They aren't on speed-dial with God.

People would be foolish to hand over their trust or decision making to any such leader. One should always weigh what any leader says against your own good common sense and accumulated experience.

Posted by: Screen Name ( )
Date: April 07, 2019 09:09AM

Mormons speak eloquently about freedom.

Ex-Morons live freely.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: April 07, 2019 09:57AM

I’m picturing Ben Hurr’s slave ship singing about freedom. Gotta love those acoustics.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: April 07, 2019 09:10AM

What I find hilarious is that tons of people are waiting on pins and needles to find out if they will reverse the supposedly God-given instruction on coffee and tea. And then they hate the words “brainwashed” and “cult.”

I’m sorry, but I was brainwashed when I thought God had to tell some old man with dementia, who had to tell me, what temperature I can consume my caffeine at. I was in a damn cult that held nonsense like that over my head in order for me to get a pass to their secret clubhouse. When I could think for myself, I realized God doesn’t care. And when/if Rusty tells them it’s ok, that will be exactly what he’s saying, “hey God impressed it on my mind that he doesn’t give a shit what you drink.”

But just like Dorothy, they had the power all along to tap their ruby slippers together and figure that out for themselves. But no, they have to be given permission. BUT DON’T CALL US BRAINWASHED!!!!!!

The day after the announcement, they’ll be rushing off to see who can get the most expensive espresso machine to show off and act like they are the coffee aficionado and will be posting pictures of them sitting at some eclectic coffeehouse all over Facebook. And the WoW will have never happened. Even though it will still be in their scriptures like polygamy and skin of blackness being a curse.

Posted by: shakinthedust ( )
Date: April 07, 2019 09:58AM

Wait a minute, contraception is okay now????

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.