Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: April 07, 2019 11:50PM

I can't say how, It's too sacred to share.

But I know.

Just ask me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 08, 2019 12:00AM

On a completely different subject, slskipper, have hyou heard anything about when the world is going to end? I'm asking for a friend...

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: April 08, 2019 12:29AM

among people who aren't spiritually prepared to hear the truth. It would be like casting pearls before swine or possibly even like casting swine before Pearl. (My Aunt Pearl doesn't eat pork and therefore would have no ability to properly appreciate the value of a good swine, even if you tossed one right in front of her. BTW, why don't people drink pig milk?).

Anyway, I digressed.

Like I said, much too sacred. But I can say that just before the end of the world, there will be signs in the heavens and the righteous will feel a great calm, while the wicked will shiver, quiver and feel pain in their liver.

Exactly one year before the date of the end of the world, there will be a [ redacted ] that will tell people how they can repent and make themselves worthy of salvation. And any person who makes a point today of doing the following things: [ redacted ] will be prepared to receive those instructions. So don't say I didn't warn you.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: April 08, 2019 12:33AM

Okay, it's really not too sacred to share.

But is it truly disturbing.

That's because it means that the End of the World is not a historical event in the least. There is no Second Coming of Jesus in Power and Glory. There is no return of the Adam in the Great Council to make the final plans. To repeat, it is not a historical event at all.

Like everything else in the mythological realm, it is a metaphor for profound psychic (in the old Greek sense) transformations. The end of the world will happen when you ask the Fisher King how he got his wound.

I'll let each reader figure out the details for him or herself. But suffice it to say that whoever tries to tell you that is is a historical event is bamboozling you, probably to get your money.

Thank you.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: April 08, 2019 12:47AM

during their lifetime. In fact it will come at the very moment that their lifetime ends. It's a bit harder to predict what comes after that.

Posted by: Razortooth ( )
Date: April 08, 2019 10:27AM

Is there any way you can speed it up?

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: April 08, 2019 02:43PM

My SS teacher often read us parts of BoM abut the end of the world. He loved reading that, and acting like he was the only one to know about it, and that HE knew more about it than anybody else.

I met the SS teacher's father when he visited. He spoke to me briefly and the 3rd sentence out of his mouth, he was telling me, as if sharing a BIG secret, that the 'end of times' was coming.

Buffoons.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: April 08, 2019 03:04PM

Can you get it to happen before noon this Friday?

Then I will not have to explain why we are missing a deadline even though it will not be my fault, I am going to have to explain it.

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: April 09, 2019 07:31PM

sbg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Then I will not have to explain why we are missing a deadline even though it will not be my fault...

Round up the usual suspects! :)

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: April 08, 2019 08:03PM

I, also, know the exact hour and day the world will end. I had a revelation from God, and I remember the date because I wrote it down on a yellow pad with my lighten pen. (Stuff like Revelations from God are easy to forget the next morning, y'know.)

I will tell you at the next General Conference!

Stay tuned. Get your tickets now. Check the Deseret News for leaks. Keep the gossip mills rolling. Start taking your vitamins, a lot of big changes are coming!

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: April 08, 2019 08:12PM

I've tried pig's milk Wally and believe it or not it tastes like bacon.

Oink.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 09, 2019 07:28PM

I hate to have to be the one to tell you this but you are off by three hours ten minutes forty one and one half seconds

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2019 11:59PM by thedesertrat1.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.