Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: April 10, 2019 08:25PM

"Love songs perpetuate a false hope that love is all you need if you want to be together forever."

To other faiths, Rusty wants you to know:

"And some erroneously believe that the resurrection of Jesus Christ provides a promise that all people will be with their loved ones after death."

"In truth, the Savior himself has made it abundantly clear that while his resurrection ensures that every person who ever lived will indeed be resurrected and live forever, much more is required if you want to have the high privilege of exaltation."

"Salvation is an individual matter. But exaltation is a family matter."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdiqPupArsE

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 10, 2019 08:30PM

Gentle readers: I post these quotes not to inflame existing wounds or to engender fresh upsets. I feel it is important to read the current words of the Profit as many of us are dealing with the full court press of family members who are exceptionally emboldened by the latest GC 'us vs. them' rhetoric of RMNelson.

Many of us are a let down, disappointment, embarrassment and eternal limitation to our family members. I feel it is good to know what they are being told about us. I know it is possibly painful.

But things are not settling down as far as 'get those confused/sinful/apostate/wayward family members back in the fold.'

Posted by: KesslerTheNevermo ( )
Date: April 10, 2019 08:54PM

carameldreams Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "In truth, the Savior himself has made it
> abundantly clear that while his resurrection
> ensures that every person who ever lived will
> indeed be resurrected and live forever, much more
> is required if you want to have the high privilege
> of exaltation."

Really? Because I don't recall being taught that in (non-LDS) Christian school. Quite the opposite, in fact. Can I get a chapter and verse on that one, Rusty?

Date: April 10, 2019 09:15PM

KesslerTheNevermo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Really? Because I don't recall being taught that
> in (non-LDS) Christian school. Quite the opposite,
> in fact. Can I get a chapter and verse on that
> one, Rusty?

Agreed.

Apparently, it's REVELATION again! So, we cannot question.

Beginning @8:56

"Listen to these words spoken by the Lord Jesus Christ to his Prophet:

Quote: All covenants, contracts, bonds, obligations, oaths, vows, performances, connections, associations, or expectations that are NOT made and entered into and sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise are of NO efficacy, virtue or force, in and after the resurrection from the dead. For all contracts that are not made unto this end, have an end when men are dead."

No chapter nor verse except Rusty's pad and lighted pen, presumably after dismissing nosy, gossipy Wendy from her rightful slumber.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2019 09:16PM by carameldreams.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 10, 2019 09:14PM

It's the natural order for parents to punish their children when they've been bad. Going to bed without supper for all Eternity sounds harsh, but you'd be a bad parent/ghawd if you didn't enforce the rules.

The rules according to ghawd are all that separate us from having to live for all eternity by the Universe's Natural Laws, and who wants that?

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: April 10, 2019 09:20PM

Nelson is a jerk and he does not speak for Jesus Christ.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.