Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: April 26, 2019 12:38AM

by all of the indications in his life that proved over and over again that he was more closely in tune with God than anyone else who ever lived.

Joe wanted to sleep with Fanny and then he found out later that this is exactly what God wanted Joe to do.

Joe wanted to deflower Heber Kimball's daughter...and God almost instantly confirmed that this is exactly what God had in mind too. God and Joseph Smith so in sync that they could be BFFs and members of the same boy band.

Emma started complaining about chewing tobacco and Joe wanted to put her in here place by ruining her tea parties. Astonishingly enough, God at that very moment had been fixing to give Joseph a revelation about tea being bad.

Joe wanted to use church money to have a house built for him and, wouldn't you just know it, at that very same time God was fixing to give a revelation commanding that very same thing!

I sometimes wonder if God was actually living vicariously through Joseph Smith. I mean those two were so tight, it's almost like Joe was being God's virtual reality avatar in this dimension, with God calling all the shots.

"Joseph, it is meet in mine eyes that you should searcheth diligently to find the best spaghetti and meatballs in all the land...and that you be sure to order a side of garlic toast and a diet coke."

Would Prophet Joseph have any problem following such a commandment from God? No way. Because he was so in sync with God that whatever God desired, Joseph Smith desired and whatever Joseph Smith desired would never be anything more or less than what God desired.

Meanwhile, whenever I want a cup of coffee, it's because the Devil is pushing it on me. Why is doing the right thing so hard for those of us who are not Joseph Smith?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 26, 2019 12:51AM

... let the consequence follow ...

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 26, 2019 01:16AM

yeah, but didn't he also say that he was amazed that his followers were so gullible?

Also, U left out mention of the Kirtland anti-banking society; coincidence you say? I Don't Think So!

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: April 26, 2019 09:09AM

But Joseph Smith revealed the Gospel. He was visited by God and angels, he even said so himself. Think of his revelations in the barn. Prophets are supposed to get all the poontang. Look at Charles Manson. People disagree with his teachings only because they haven’t prayed on them. Of course, he had bad PR. Joseph Smith was a true prophet. We know this because he said so himself.

TSCC started as a personality cult. Breedum Young leveraged his slave labor into a theocratic empire.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.