Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 30, 2019 03:26PM

I wanted to reply to this now closed thread post.
https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2218054,2219322#msg-2219322

My grandfather was Rulon Jeffs.

"It was reported that at the time of Jeffs's death at age 92 that he may have had as many as 75 wives and 65 children;[2] other sources indicate that Jeffs may have been survived by 19 or 20 wives and "about 60 children," including 33 sons.[5] "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rulon_Jeffs

I'm curious what a conservative estimate for cousins is for just people from my father's father's side?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 30, 2019 03:28PM

I don't know if the LA Coliseum is available for family reunions, but you could ask...

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 30, 2019 03:35PM

What gets me is the possibility that among his progeny might be children who are simultaneously siblings--half-sibblings--cousins--cousins-once-removed, or related in some combination of those (gasp!).

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 30, 2019 03:35PM

"A conservative estimate?"

Please don't bring politics into this thread.

Date: April 30, 2019 03:39PM

That's Warren...ted.

Wait, who's ted?

Date: April 30, 2019 03:41PM

I bet you know all about warrants.

Date: April 30, 2019 03:45PM

I was strip searched once.

Date: April 30, 2019 03:48PM

Did you get the flea powder?

Date: April 30, 2019 03:53PM

Date: April 30, 2019 03:58PM

Are strip searches different than booking searches? Does only the latter get the flea powder?

In fairness, my questions arise from an isolated incident in 1964... Yay for me for being a nonrecidivist!

Date: April 30, 2019 04:21PM

The degree of search depends upon varying factors: the nature of the suspect, the possibility of contraband and/or weapons, the security requirements of the holding facility. Pat-down and pocket search may be adequate for somebody being held on simple DUI in a precinct jail, as opposed to a drug user or dealer being taken to a county lockup.

Subjective ("training and experience") factors may factor a lot. Consider processing a prisoner, and a few hours later he's found dead from an overdose. ?Wave goodbye to your career (and maybe your home and pension).

Unpleasant as it was, I'm glad the experience made you mend your evil ways, OldDog!

Date: April 30, 2019 05:15PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are strip searches different than booking
> searches?

No idea. When I was taken in they suspected I had contraband and I did. The officer made me take off my underwear and then shake it and my pipe fell to the floor.

> Does only the latter get the flea
> powder?

Flea powder?

Date: April 30, 2019 05:44PM

I was arrested by an enthusiastic and probably somewhat racist Sheriff's Sargent. He stopped me and searched my car and found a rope in the trunk! He then said I matched the description of a guy who'd robbed a gas station the night before. He pulled out a notebook and read off my description! Then he said, "Sounds like you, huh?" I agreed, because I'm a people pleaser.

Then he asked, where were you last night at 9:30? I responded with the truth, "On a date with the mayor's daughter, Shirley." He told me to put my hands on the side of my car, etc. He arrested me!!

At the jail I was told to stand while I was searched. Then I was told to drop my pants and underwear and bend over. That's when I got sprayed with flea powder. Quite a surprise! If you're wearing whitey tighties, they turn grey and you pretty much have to throw them out.

So the next morning I got to eat jailhouse french toast, using only a big spoon, and then I called my mom, who called my Bishop, who called the Patriarch, Bro. Bunker, (Under Sheriff of Clark County) who sprung my very mormon butt.

Far as I know, no one ever called Shirley. Because I had been on a date with her! I understand that the cop thought I was being cheeky. It wasn't a romantic date, just two good friends getting together after a year apart at college.

There! Have you recovered from mormonism now?

Date: April 30, 2019 06:03PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
>
> No idea. When I was taken in they suspected I had
> contraband and I did. The officer made me take off
> my underwear and then shake it and my pipe fell to
> the floor.

That's why we do strip searches.

Imagine an otherwise respectable citizen with a very private opiod problem. He just bought several tabs of oxycotin, concealed in his crotch or sock. He'll just die if anybody were to know about his habit. And now he's been arrested...

What is commonly perceived as a power-mad intrusion is an act of public safety. But these days, cops are the bad guys.

Date: April 30, 2019 03:54PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
> "A conservative estimate?"
>
> Please don't bring [...the WRONG...] politics into this thread.

Date: April 30, 2019 03:56PM

Be good, officer, or I’ll throw snowflakes at you.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: April 30, 2019 04:27PM

That question reminds me of this math problem:

If you have 4 pencils, and I have 7 apples, how many pancakes fit on the roof?

Purple, because Aliens don't wear hats.............

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: April 30, 2019 05:11PM

Thank you! I needed that laugh!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.