Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 09:06PM

What is it with Sherri Dew and Wendy Nelson ???
They even wear the same red jackets in one picture.
Very weird.

Looks like Sherri got to tag along on the fun South Pacific tour the Nelsons are on.
Tithe payers must be so pleased.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 09:08PM

Sherri and Wendy are on vacation with a cadaver.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 09:13PM

Haha. It's "Weekend at Bernie's Part II"

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 11:38AM

Weekend at Rusty's entails putting him to bed with a pen light in his hand before going off to play in the pool.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: May 24, 2019 11:41AM

The "Light Pen" is the new "Little Factory"

Date: May 24, 2019 11:42AM

Clicking too much displeases Heavenly Father.

Date: May 24, 2019 01:56PM

I'll bet that Sherri Dew double clicks her mouse a lot.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 02:36PM

Date: May 23, 2019 03:20PM

That sounds like a movie franchise

Necromancing The Stones

and

Necromancing The Stones II - Another Testicle of Chris

We'll make a million bux

Date: May 24, 2019 11:44AM

Necrodunking The Stones: How Mick Jagger became a Mormon.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 09:15PM

tithing donors pay for her to go along.

The truth is staring the members right in the face and they don't see it. What I just read is that Sheri Dew goes on all their trips.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2019 09:21PM by cl2.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 09:36PM

That's a lot of closeness.

Wonder if Sheri is already sealed to Nelson?

Date: May 22, 2019 09:42PM

I wonder if she was secretly sealed to Hinckley after Marjorie passed.

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 11:19AM

No, she’s sealed to Aunt Wendy. They have hers & hers Testimony Gloves. They use them to feel each other’s spirit. And Uncle Rusty is relegated to the “Not Even Once” Club.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 09:55PM

Wendy & Sheri are old school.

Here's a history lesson:

"The "David and Jonathan" of the Primary: Louie B. Felt and May Anderson

"Indeed at least one Mormon woman went so far as to request that her husband marry polygamously after she fell in love with another woman, so that the two women could openly live together. Sarah Louisa Bouton married Joseph Felt in 1866 as his first wife but according to a 1919 biography, around 1874, Louie (the masculinized nickname she used) met and "fell in love with" a young woman in her local LDS congregation named Alma Elizabeth (Lizzie) Mineer. After discovering her intense passion for Lizzie Mineer, a childless Louie encouraged Joseph to marry the young woman as a plural wife, explaining "that some day they would be privileged to share their happiness with some little ones." Joseph married Lizzie Mineer in 1876. But Lizzie's new responsibilities of bearing and raising children evidently proved too great a strain for her and Louie's relationship. Five years later Louie Felt fell in love with "another beautiful Latter-day Saint girl" named Lizzie Liddell, and again Joseph obligingly married her for Louie's sake. Thus Louie "opened her home and shared her love" with this second Lizzie.

"In 1883, 33 year old Louie Felt met 19 year-old May Anderson, and they also fell in love. This time, however, May did not marry Joseph Felt. In 1889 May moved in with Louie, and Joseph permanently moved out of the house Louie had built and bought on her own. Thus began one of the most intense, stable, and productive love relationships in turn-of-the-century Mormonism. These two women lived together for almost 40 years, and together presided over three of Mormonism's most significant institutions: the General Primary Association (for Mormon children), the Children's Friend (a magazine for young Mormons), and founding the Primary Children's Hospital.

"Louie and May were fairly open about the romantic and passionate aspects of their relationship, as reported in their biographies published in several early issues of the LDS Children's Friend. According to their recent biographer, Felt and Anderson's relationship was a "symbiotic partnership with each compensating for the weaknesses and complementing the strengths of the other". The 1919 Children's Friend biography more bluntly declared that "the friendship which had started when Sister Felt and [May Anderson] met...ripened into love. Those who watched their devotion to each other declare that there never were more ardent lovers than these two". The same biography also calls the beginning of their relationship a "time of love feasting", and makes it clear that the two women shared the same bed. Twice in the Children's Friend, Anderson and Felt were referred to as "the David and Jonathan" of the Primary, which, the magazine explained, was a common appellation for the women."
--http://www.connellodonovan.com/abom.html

Weird, huh?

Date: May 22, 2019 10:01PM

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 10:23PM

love feasting???

<snort>

Posted by: argh ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 10:11PM

Sheri and Wendy used to live together and even bought a house together.

When Wendy married Nelson, Sheri moved a few houses down.
She gets to go on ALL their trips.

The three have always been very close.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 10:40PM

brb ~ using imagination ~

thx ~

Date: May 23, 2019 11:40AM

In b4 I don't want to image and am singing a hymn in my head.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 12:25AM

was a star basketball player and even now has the friendly, no-nonsense manner" of a high school basketball coach. Maybe it was in Bloomberg. I think that's just the touch that Rusty and Wendy need to make something good even better.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 10:43PM

We can only assume that Russ, Wendy & Sheri would say that their relationship is their business. But, they would also say that your relationships are also their business.

Date: May 22, 2019 11:11PM

want to know what the hell she is doing on that trip as we all know it was tithing that paid her way, too. Have we ever seen anything like this before in a prophet? Well, I guess we have. ha ha ha ha That went right over my head for a minute.

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 11:28PM

It’s really Wendy and Sheri running the Church. Rusty is like a muppet or that grumpy old man that is controlled by the comedian. I am coming to think this is more and more true. Every picture of Rusty has Wendy there in it with her smile etc saying look at me too.
Imagine the costs for this trip. Hotels, meals, security, etc. It’s like Rusty thinks he is king and needs his queen by his side. If I was one of his children I would be very disappointed in him as my dad. I mean having Wendy there every step of the way and then to have Sheri. Can’t this man do church business on his own? It really says a lot about how he sees his first wife.

Date: May 23, 2019 10:33AM

I can't imagine what his dead wife would think. It is a circus. There is no reason whatsoever for Sherri to be there. And if you look at their pictures, you see the Wendy is running the show. She's one of those ladies I always couldn't stand in mormonism or working with. Oh, and Russ' smile--or whatever it is. His sneer. He never looks like he is smiling. He looks like stan himself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2019 10:33AM by cl2.

Date: May 23, 2019 12:19AM

as employees of the Church (including church-controlled businesses and institutions).

Sheri is currently the CEO of Deseret Books and Executive VP of Deseret Management Corp., which is in charge of all of the for-profit businesses controlled by the Prophet/Profit. With that profile, there's no obvious reason why she should be on the junket other than the fact that she's Wendy's BFF. Is Sheri going to be doing business for Deseret Books or for DMC in each of the destinations they're visiting? Doesn't seem likely.

Flying around the world and having the church pay for it is just a continuation of what they've always been doing.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 11:41PM

It is the members' business, if they are paying for it.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 11:38PM

I have a hunch Sherri and Wendy are Sister Wives who married Russ in the Temple in a secret ceremony.

Since they're part of the "inner circle" they can do what they want without asking permission of higher ups.

Sherri and Wendy are besties and soul mates anyway. Russ is just someone they put up with.

Date: May 22, 2019 11:41PM

So is this touring troika of Tahiti-bound travelers the REAL First Presidency?

Sounds like Nelson has his real "counselors" with him.

Earring and Orks are probably feeling left out and discarded.

The great thing about a private jet is that all three of them can wear footie pajamas, watch old movies together, play "truth or dare" and spin the bottle...and nobody else has to know. The pilot is busy flying the plane.

I can't really blame them for anything. Fun times! Sheri and Wendy are living the dream. BFFs forever and now they're jet-setters. Rusty gets to hang out with two "young thangs" (relatively speaking) everywhere he goes, straightening his necktie, giving him neck massages and giggling at his jokes an telling him how "awesome" he is every time he implements one of their suggestions for a major policy change.

I get all that. I would be tempted if I were in their shoes. Private Jet? Pacific Islands? 5-star dining? Cool!

I guess the only thing I don't get is how the little people/sheeple can't see what's going on right in front of their faces and actually keep scrimping and saving and doing without so that they can be sure to pay their "full tithe" year after year. Private Jet for the Tremendous Trio...public transportation for the tithe-paying suckers.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 11:45PM

Will they take a 3-hour tour?

Date: May 23, 2019 12:28AM

a chartered boat to take the tour. The Skipper and First Mate are there and some other old rich couple. They're waiting for some college professor and an actress to arrive and a girl named Mary Sue or Mary Ann. Once they all get there, they'll be off to explore around the islands.

Date: May 23, 2019 10:36AM

And I agree with what AmyJo said. Why would anyone have to know? They could very well already be sealed together. It is more than obvious who is running this show.

Date: May 23, 2019 11:41AM

In b4 pics of Wendy and Sheri in grass shirts.

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 12:42AM

Any 'leader' or person with integrity wouldn't allow circumstances that would cause others to be concerned, the ole 'Appearance of Evil' thing, remember that???

Posted by: edy ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 01:15AM

the ole 'Appearance of Evil' thing, remember that???

apparently doesn't apply anymore. and i haven't heard that for a long time even before i left years ago. out with the old, in with the new.

Date: May 23, 2019 01:32AM

a situation comedy.

If this whole Rusty/Wendy/Sheri situation had come along a bit earlier, I can easily see it being worked into Seinfeld.

George: "Hey, Jerry, you know that old guy Rusty in the penthouse across the street?"

Jerry: "Sure, I know that guy. What is he like 90 or something and he just got married to some lady who's younger than his own daughter? I hope I'm doin' that good when I'm his age."

George: "Yeah, that's right. But did you know that he's the leader of one of those wacky religious cults?"

Jerry: "I figured as much. The penthouse, the much younger lady...."

George: "But get this... Kramer just found out that the old man's new wife has a girlfriend and the three of them keep going on trips together. The new wife used to live with that girlfriend for years and they played basketball together. Not that there's anything wrong with that."

Jerry: "Girlfriend? You mean a friend who's a girl or do you mean a girlfriend girlfriend? Not that there's anything wrong with that."

George: "I'm thinking the latter....not that there would be anything wrong with that. But I'm just wondering what the three of them get up to when they're off by themselves and the curiosity is killing me! It's killing me Jerry! I have to know! Someday I'm gonna be 90, I hope, and I wanna know what kind of action the old guy is getting!"

Jerry: "What is that, George? A telescope??? Why did you bring a telescope into my apartment?"

George: "Because from your kitchen window, I can see straight into the old man's bedroom. C'mon Jerry, this is important to me."

Jerry: "Well...I guess so. But just don't be too obvious. It could be illegal. Isn't there a law against being a peeping tom or something like that?"

George: "Technically, I would be a peeping George, so I think we're okay."

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 01:49AM

Superb!

When did U write for Seinfeld, how did U like it, why did U leave, and ... How much did that gig pay?

Everything Russ does strikes me of arrogance including 'gifting' a BoM to an ex-mo along with his pic.

No superlative gets close to this situation!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2019 02:00AM by GNPE.

Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 02:51AM

Once she returns Deseret Book will announce the plans to build new stores in all the placed Big Nellie visited.

Posted by: Jordan ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 07:22AM

Maybe they don't want to be outshone by Dieter.

It reminds me of the story of Yuri Gagarin. Gagarin was a tiny Russian peasant, a nobody except perhaps in ice hockey which he was pretty good at. Then they send him up into space, and overnight, he's an international superstar. There is one big problem - everybody loves Yuri. So when some Soviet official turn up with him in wherever, Yuri outshines them (and they tended to be mass murderers with zero charisma). The Communist politicians get more and more envious and there is even a rumor going round that Yuri is a Christian and not a true fanatical brainwashed Marxist. So first they sideline him, and then they have him killed in a faked air crash.

Oh, and the Uchtdorf connection? Gagarin started off his career as a pilot. Maybe Dieter needs to be careful of getting in any plane these days. :)

Posted by: Screen Name ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 08:31AM

This thread is an insult to the more cogent members of the community.

For the rest of us, please keep it going, world without end.

Drama in real life trumps a fake religion anyday.

And all night long, too.

When the Morg collapses, it will rise from the ashes like a Phoenix, becoming an international stage creation that makes Les Miserables seem like a wannabee.

It will become the first Eternal Soap Opera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQogNoQdjzs

Posted by: lachesis ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 10:27AM

I'd imagine that Russ knows he won't be around long and wants Wendy to be able to still have the happy relationship she had before she became his new public trophy wife in a marriage that had many benefits for both of them, and in the long run for Sherri as well. No matter what her sexual orientation, she may have never or probably has rarely been called upon to be a physical partner to him. And we know from the books she has written that she has plenty of sexual hangups. He was over 80 when they married. It may have been part of the deal that he accommodated her long-term relationship so it will still be there when he's gone. All total speculation, we don't know and it's no one else's business. It's just interesting to speculate.

Date: May 23, 2019 10:41AM

to live, it certainly is the business of the ones footing the bill for all their escapades. The other day Elyse (I believe) posted about this trip costing $800,000. Tell that to my neighbors with 6 kids who have to be on Medicaid and they pay their tithing. Tell it to my daughter and her husband.

There is something terribly wrong with this whole situation and yes it is the business of the people as he is a public figure and he and she LOVE being public figures.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 12:18PM

I think most of us have long speculated that the 3 of them have a most unusual arrangement. We really have no clue as to what really transpires in private meetings in the temple. Unfortunately, many members don't think critically of the leaders and their trips, shopping or playing golf. They think that the leaders deserve "a break" from all the hard work of the church.

Some of there real workhorses of the churches are the lowly bishops. I knew who waited 2.5 years before he "missed" a Sunday to take his youngest son on a camping/hunting trip. Of course, I had others that were regularly out of town "on business."

Posted by: Oscar Hammermormon ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 11:53AM

There Is Nothin Like A Dame
South Pacific Soundtrack

We got sunlight on the sand,
We got moonlight on the sea,
We got mangos and bananas
You can pick right off a tree,
We got volleyball and ping-pong
And a lot of dandy games!
What ain't we got?
We ain't got dames!

We get packages from home,
We get movies, we get shows,
We get speeches from our skipper
And advice from Tokyo Rose,
We get letters doused with perfume
We get dizzy from the smell!
What don't we get?
We know damn well!
We have nothin' to put on a clean white suit for
What we need is what there ain't no substitute for...

There is nothin' like a dame,
Nothin' in the world,
There is nothin' you can name
That is anything like a dame!
We feel restless, we feel blue,
We feel lonely, and in brief,
We feel ev'ry kind of feelin',
But the feeling of relief
We feel hungry as the wolf felt
When he met Red Hiding-hood
What don't we feel?
We don't feel good!

Lots of things in life are beautiful, but brother,
There is one particular thing that is nothin' whatsoever
In any way, shape or form like any other.
There is nothin' like a dame,
Nothin' in the world,
That is anything like a dame!
Nothin' else is built the same,
Nothin' in the world
As the soft and wavy frame
Like the silhouette of a dame!
There is absolutely nothin' like the frame of a dame.

So suppose a dame ain't right
Or completely free from flaws,
Or as faithful as a bird dog,
Or as kind as Santa Claus,
It's a waste of time to worry
Over things that they have not,
Be thankful for the things they got!
That is anythin' like a dame!
There are no books like a dame,
And nothin' looks like a dame.
There are no drinks like a dame,
And nothin' thinks like a dame,
Nothin' acts like a dame,
Or attracts like a dame.
There ain't a thing that's wrong with any man here
That can't be cured by putting him near
A girly, womanly, female, feminine dame!

Date: May 23, 2019 11:54AM

This puts the lime in the Dew nuts.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: May 24, 2019 01:53PM

Dammit!! You beat me to the 'South Pacific' joke.

I just wanted to know if Wendy was playing Nellie Forbush and Sherri was playing Bloody Mary.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 01:20PM

I got about halfway through this thread, and realized that I don't really care.

I'm just glad that I'm not paying for it.

Yea for recovery!

Posted by: Notrab ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 02:09PM

Sheri is Nelsons third polygamous wife. Obviously!

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 04:58PM

Is Sheri handing out pictures of herself to people along the way?

Date: May 23, 2019 06:41PM

To think that Nelson saved both Sherri and Wendy from lives of spinsterdom.

They shall grow old together and what lovely tales they shall weave of their twilight years as Nelson's concubines in his 24,000 square foot harem.

Or will they be Nelson's "pampered pooches," er "lap dogs?"

Oh heck, why not just call em what they are a couple of old britches !! :D

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2019 06:44PM by Amyjo.

Date: May 24, 2019 10:35AM

She and Wendy are shopping companions.

Do you think they share the same clothes?

Date: May 24, 2019 11:25AM

Amyjo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you think they share the same clothes?

I think they share some things that rhyme with clothes.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: May 24, 2019 07:22PM

beaus · blose · blows · boase · boes · bose · bowes · bows · boze · bro's · bros · brose · cherrios · chose · close · cose · crose · crow's · crows · doe's · doze · eaux · flows · foes · froze · ghose · glows · goes · goghs · gose · grose · grows · ho's · hoes · hose · joe's · joes · jos · klose · knows · kroes · kroeze · lo's · loews · lowe's · lowes · lows · moes · mose · ngo's · ngos · no's · noes · nose · o's · o.'s · o.s · o.s' · oh's · ohs · ose · owes · poe's · pose · pows · pro's · pros · pros' · prose · roes · roh's · rohs · rose · row's · rowe's · rowes · rows · sews · show's · shows · shows' · slows · snows · so's · sows · those · throes · throws · toes · tows · vose · woes · yoes . arose · bestows · bio's · boulos · campeau's · compose · defoe's · depose · disclose · dispose · dubose · duclos · elbows · enclose · explose · expose · foreclose · forgoes · impose · lebow's · micheaux's · miro's · monroe's · oppose · perot's · perots · plainclothes · propose · renault's · repose · stavros · suppose · tarots · transpose · truffaut's · Tussaud's · decompose · groseclose · interpose · juxtapose · predispose · presuppose · reimpose

I give up, what were you thinking about?

Posted by: Jordan ( )
Date: May 25, 2019 06:02AM

Yes, I looked up the website too. All of these are half-rhymes!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 25, 2019 09:02AM

As an older single woman, I can remember many times when acquaintances or coworkers assumed I was gay. This happened mainly during my 30s and 40s.

So there is a part of me that wonders if Sherri Dew suffers from the same assumption. But given the facts (that she and Wendy bought a house together, that even today she lives a few houses down from the Nelsons, that she takes major, lengthy trips with them,) I have to conclude, when you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

When it raises that much of a question mark, Sherri could take steps to be more discreet. In her shoes, I would. But she doesn't. She thinks she's immune. And she probably is.

It's not the first time that there are different rules for the leaders than the followers.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.