Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: May 28, 2019 03:04PM

I’ve been reading about a lot of people here who are deleting their own post, like it’s easy, but dummy me has been trying for days to figure it out. I see no options on how to do it on my own posts. They make it sound easy . It’s probably something that’s staring at me in the face though
Thanks in advance for any solutions

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: May 28, 2019 03:16PM

I don't know how to delete my messages either. I want to hear this.

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: May 28, 2019 03:20PM

Disclaimer, I'm not an Admin, but I'm sure they can correct me if I get something wrong.

There is no way for a poster to delete a post once it's been posted. Not in the sense that most people would think of it, i.e. the post disappears completely as if it weren't there in the first place.

There are probably multiple technical reasons for this, one is likely is that the system would have to figure out how to deal with posts that are threaded under the post to be deleted. But there may be others.

Ways around this:
- Edit your message and remove the content, replaced with a message like "Removed" or even just a period.
- Email the Admins or report your own post, and request that your post be removed. They've been known to do that in certain cases and may be able to help out with that.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: May 28, 2019 03:25PM

That makes a lot of sense, Finally Free!

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: May 28, 2019 03:27PM

Thanks, finally free. I have edited to remove the content, but just did not know how to get rid of the whole thing.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: May 28, 2019 03:53PM

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: May 28, 2019 03:56PM

Yes, when my post ends up in the wrong place, I do that. Just edit it out with a brief explanation and then re-post where I wanted to be in the first place. :) Works well.

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: May 28, 2019 09:17PM

Thanks guys, makes sense.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: May 28, 2019 09:42PM

Click on edit and then erase the post. The box will be there but the post is gone. You can write in deleted or whatever is you wish or can just leave it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2019 10:14PM by bona dea.

Posted by: nli ( )
Date: May 29, 2019 10:22AM

All these suggestions work, but ONLY if you are logged in.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: May 29, 2019 12:09PM

I've had lots of posts removed at my request. Just go to the post (after you've posted it) and at the bottom line,

Options: Reply•Quote•Follow Topic•Report click on the word report and it opens a box where you can request that it be deleted. It's also a good idea if you give a reason to the monitor, but not mandatory.

Sometimes takes them a while to get to it but it's better than all of you reading one of the many dumb things I've posted.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: May 29, 2019 04:02PM

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 29, 2019 02:42PM

Note: you only have 24 hours to edit a post after it's been posted.

Like Cinderella at the ball, act quick if you want to make any changes because once the clock strikes twelve, your time is up.

:o)

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: May 29, 2019 04:12PM

Amyjo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Note: you only have 24 hours to edit a post after
> it's been posted.
>
> Like Cinderella at the ball, act quick if you want
> to make any changes because once the clock strikes
> twelve, your time is up.

This is true, and also: If it is something really important (example: you provided In Real Life (IRL) information, about yourself or others,that you now realize was unwise), you can report your post, and request that the unwise info, which you need to specify in your report, be edited out.

This is a sort of nuclear option, but sometimes it can be important to your safety, or to the safety of others.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.