Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: silverstangfox66 ( )
Date: May 28, 2019 11:38PM

So I was a very active “teacher” in the 80s and wanted to participate in the baptism of the dead. Never mind that the Bishop in my ward had told me that I was “ chosen” to be the Deacons Quarem leader a year before by his praying, was disallowed to join in this process because me and my family hadn’t payed “ enough” tithing. What a crock of $&@t! Firstly, when I was chosen I was smoking pot and getting laid! It’s all about $$$!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 29, 2019 01:07AM

A 13-year-old Deacon getting both high and laid?

Okay, it had to have been the 80s. Probably the early 80s, before AIDS and really virulent STDs became a thing.

And you did not miss a thing when you weren't allowed to go dead-dunking. You already knew what was under the girls' wet clothing.

And finally, your conclusion regarding the raison d'etre of the mormon church is spot on. Or rather, $pot on...

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 29, 2019 01:24AM

Out, damned $pot! Out, I say!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 30, 2019 11:21AM

Hahahaha

Date: May 30, 2019 01:43PM

I bet you're the life of the party, Banquo!

Posted by: Jordan ( )
Date: May 30, 2019 01:41PM

I knew people who were sexually active in the 11-13 bracket, and yes, up to last base too. 14-18, most of my school friends were. (One of them with a teacher - female).

Not saying any of this is right - promiscuity in barely pubescent females has a high chance of producing cervical cancer in later life. Also, it helps produce children whose parents are barely capable of raising them, and who are statistically more likely to be involved in crime and anti-social when they themselves grow up.

Date: May 30, 2019 01:44PM

Sometimes you sound so much like McDonkie that it's tempting to think you are a sock puppet.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 29, 2019 01:31AM

Under slightly stricter examination , the claimed gift of discernment seems to be more & more difficult to find/validate, doesn't it?

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 29, 2019 08:04AM

If you don’t think believing something makes it true, you haven’t drunk enough Kool Aid.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 30, 2019 01:11PM

I've never heard of that before, BUT I'd believe it. I thought tithing was about you--not your family.

And, yes, you didn't miss anything.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.