Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: May 31, 2019 09:01PM

God wanted this guy to buy an airplane! I ran across this Inside Edition interview of Kenneth Copeland today. Against my better judgement, I watched it.

I apologize if this was already posted here and I missed it.

This guy makes the Mormon jet set look like geniuses.

I am frankly surprised and disappointed this Kenneth Copeland guy has so many people enabling him. This video was bizarre. The fun starts at 1:00. He justifies why God needed him to buy the plane, explains those pesky demons on pubic planes, insults the little "sweetheart/babe" interviewing him and more. You've got to see it to believe it. How are there Christians who can't see through this guy? I especially like how he glares and shakes when talking about his Buddy Lord Jesus.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=kenneth+copeland+being+confronted&view=detail&mid=E6CE4238138C6CCA83B3E6CE4238138C6CCA83B3&FORM=VIRE

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shylock ( )
Date: May 31, 2019 09:07PM

Someone forgot to flush when this guy was created... a real floater... The crazier they are and the loader they scream the name Jesus the more their base loves them... Satan has nothing on these scam artist!

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: May 31, 2019 09:26PM

https://youtu.be/_Oq21iaHkt0
This is another sick video. Preacher wearing super expensive clothes and jewelry. I wonder who paid for that huge house and Television.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 31, 2019 09:40PM

That's not fair. After all, he could earn a ton if he were a CEO in private industry.

Wait--wrong religion!

Posted by: Curelom Joe ( )
Date: May 31, 2019 10:07PM

That guy Copeland is still alive and kicking (and collecting $)? I'm stunned. I just assumed he had died years ago like the odious Jerry Falwell and the unctuous Billy Graham.

Posted by: Jordan ( )
Date: June 01, 2019 12:44PM

Curelom Joe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That guy Copeland is still alive and kicking (and
> collecting $)? I'm stunned. I just assumed he had
> died years ago like the odious Jerry Falwell and
> the unctuous Billy Graham.

I may disagree with Billy Graham in many respects, but he was a better man than either of those two.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 03, 2019 12:07PM

Actually he was not.

Posted by: KidTwist ( )
Date: June 01, 2019 07:30AM

Tax the churches.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: June 01, 2019 01:42PM

He talks shit when confronted. It's not surprising, since he talks shit for a living. He cheats people.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: June 01, 2019 11:09PM

Copeland, and his mentor Kenneth Hagin, are over-the-top prosperity preachers spawned in the same polluted waters that produced "Reverend Ike," Jim and Tammy Bakker, Oral Roberts. Incidentally, there's some shared DNA with the New Thought religions (Christian Science, Unity, Religious Science) and Positive Thinking (Norman Vincent Peale, Robert Schuller/Crystal Cathedral).

If you're a glutton for punishment, here's another piece on Copeland:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7094061/Televangelist-Kenneth-Copeland-Inside-Edition-interview-defends-using-THREE-private-jets.html

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: June 02, 2019 07:30PM

I like to watch Copeland on Cable tv. He's just horrible. But that mike murdock is even worse with the sew a little seed for Jebus. command that seed! where you want your blessings to be. Gawd is bound to obey, when you sew a little seed, etc.

And then he goes on and on about how he was destitute and didn't want to get a job years ago and found that gawd rewards him for preaching. People would give him free suits. So now he has a whole closet full of suits. And lots of money too!

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: June 03, 2019 08:18PM

I like Kenneth Copeland.

I saw the interview and it was clear the reporter had been instructed to do a hit piece but couldn't quite pull it off.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: June 03, 2019 10:25PM

I just watched the whole interview. The whole thing about he can't be around demons in a tube so he has to have a plane is ridiculous. Copeland really is a big piece of s***! that's all I can say.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 02:34PM

I heard that interview on the radio last night (Tim Conway Jr. show--ding dong!) and without seeing Copeland, I could easily picture Holland saying the same things; if it wasn't for the Texas accent he would have have sounded *exactly* likes Old Jowls himself.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 05:02PM

I saw a snippet of that weird interview on TV. Wow. That guy is a serious creep. How can people support him?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.