Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Toronto Boy ( )
Date: June 02, 2019 05:11PM

Having seen new temple presentation the words of Marshall McCullun or someone like that from 70s come to mind. The message is in the the medium of the presentation.

The audio presentation is very poorly done. I taught computer classes in high school and my students could do a better presentation than what they have done. Looks like it was done by armatures. And I am being kind. Remind the folks that NASA has better still
There is a under lying message throughout whole presentation that only someone who is really aware of social issues would pick up. And that is white men suck. Or called white privilege. I wished we could talk about it and how this is presented. It’s there big time in how the still pictures are made of Adam and Eve and how they say things. Wendy and Sheri would be really proud. I do honour the Church in that they requested we do not talk about these things. In the final part of the visual Adam basically says what a bad person he was to disobey and Eve basically says smiling “hey that was okay what we did and everything is wonderful.” My question is this. If Adam and Eve really said these things why are we finding out now?

The role of Satan is not as forceful as in the film and live productions. I find that interesting in that I thought as the second coming draws nearer we would have a greater understanding of his role, character, etc.

So I leave and ask myself if what my parents saw and did in the endowment was important why is it changed. When I went through in 1968 I made different covenants with different wording. So what then is true and what is not true?

That talk about Adam building an altar in the new and improved presentation. We see a good picture of altar. He would have needed a crane to put those rocks in place.

There is a place that Satan says that other people he teaches are accepting these teachings. Who are those other people?

So it is interesting to see either the endowment become more in line with today’s society or become more dumbed down. There certainly is nothing added to it like church members are saying.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: June 02, 2019 05:57PM

I will probably generate a lot of negative response. However for a number of years now I have been studying translations of Sumerian cuneiform tablets. One of the books translated therefrom is The Lost Book of Enki. This book tells a completely different scenario to the creation of homo-sapien. Whether you accept or deny its' contents there is still room for study and learning. My greatly condensed take on this is that humans as we know them were originally a product of genetic engineering,cloning, if you will.
If these translations can be given any credence then churchco needs to probably revamp their comprehension and presentation.
Since I realize that this will probably never happen I would exort the members of this forum to read AND study these in order to better grasp(if possible) a different approach to the creation of man.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 03, 2019 12:20AM

The prophet could give them credence. You can’t prove they’re bogus, which you can with the BoA and BoM. It could be an escape hatch, but they’d never use it.

Posted by: nehor90210 ( )
Date: June 02, 2019 09:44PM

"My question is this. If Adam and Eve really said these things why are we finding out now?"

I believe those particular lines you're alluding to are quotes from the Book of Moses 5:10-11, so we "found out" about them quite some time ago.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 03, 2019 12:15AM

“He would have needed a crane to put those rocks in place.”

Not if he was built like George of the Jungle and had the help of his friend, an ape named Ape.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 03, 2019 12:55AM

This Aptly demonstrates how much crap-ola the GAs think the Sheeple will swallow;

Explanation(s)?

We Don't Need No Stinking Explanations!

Posted by: xxMo0 ( )
Date: June 03, 2019 02:24AM

Toronto Boy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In the final part of the
> visual Adam basically says what a bad person he
> was to disobey and Eve basically says smiling
> “hey that was okay what we did and everything is
> wonderful.” My question is this. If Adam and Eve
> really said these things why are we finding out
> now?

Mormonism has always taught that the "fall" was a GOOD thing despite the suffering it immediately entailed. A&E were apparently expected to disobey and eat the fruit, so it was all a set-up. This is very different from traditional Christian teachings on the subject and originally it was an important part of Mormonism's message.

> The role of Satan is not as forceful as in the
> film and live productions. I find that interesting
> in that I thought as the second coming draws
> nearer we would have a greater understanding of
> his role, character, etc.

I'd like to see more focus on him as J.C.'s brother and as their problems stemming from that initial sibling rivalry, but I doubt we won't get that.

> That talk about Adam building an altar in the new
> and improved presentation. We see a good picture
> of altar. He would have needed a crane to put
> those rocks in place.

Force power, like Rey moving those boulders around in The Last Jedi.

> There is a place that Satan says that other people
> he teaches are accepting these teachings. Who are
> those other people?

It was once taught that A&E were not the only people on earth at the time. Sounds like retconning. No idea how that would work out.

> So it is interesting to see either the endowment
> become more in line with today’s society or
> become more dumbed down.

What do you mean "either"/"or?" lol

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: June 03, 2019 02:51AM

xxMo0 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Mormonism has always taught that the "fall" was a
> GOOD thing despite the suffering it immediately
> entailed.

MORmONISM has alway been full of outrageous errors and lies, so much like its founders.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: June 03, 2019 06:12AM

that legitimately justify putting the temple behind a "paywall" (tithing requirement) and wall of sacred secrecy.

Notice I said "legitimately". Embarrassment and a gimmick for enforcing tithing collection are the obvious reasons for keeping it all sealed off from the general public. I just don't see those reasons as being legitimate.

"We will go down," said Enki to Enlil..."Let us make a slave species to do dirty, dangerous and difficult mining operations on this planet...". Oops! Wrong story. I always get them mixed up.

Posted by: Formerbish ( )
Date: June 06, 2019 12:03AM

The one before the slides where eve had tears ...people cried during the movie. I bawled my eyes out too because I had to be there. Torture ,

In the 70s when I went thru with all the penalties i was amazed at how much time was wasted repeating things 2-3-4x because someone disembodied themselves with the wrong hand etc

Posted by: Formerbish ( )
Date: June 06, 2019 12:05AM

Disemboweled not disembodied. Sorry

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: June 06, 2019 01:18AM

If the temple is supposed to be a pinnacle, then it fails miserably. All I was hearing was at church "Temple, Temple, Temple!" They set it up to be something beyond grandiose and it offered nothing spiritual. I was ok with myself just going to church, and sometimes there was a good feeling and an interesting talk (usually had NOTHING to do with the church or the gospel, but was an interesting observation about their work and people's behavior.) I had to get endowed in order to become a Book of Mormon salesman. There was no other way to serve a church mission.

I would never had taken off my clothing, and stood naked with a tiny bib in ANY room at church. Yet, that's what happened to me before the initiatory ritual began and 4-5 male temple workers scrambled around and staring at me.

I might have agreed to accept a calling while meeting with a bishoprick. At least, I would know and understand what was being asked of me before making a "commitment".

It was never told that you were supposed to surrender your laughter and sense of humor. Had that been explained, then no thinking young person would ever agree to that.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.