Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 17, 2019 03:18PM

Seattle 1st Ward, it really happened!

elderly Sister Self-Righteous (RS prez) in F&T: 'Well, my husband is ONLY AN ELDER, but ….

backstory: elderly brother so-and-so has some dark/hidden problem, (Sister SR has probably voiced details to her friends); Bp. Jackwagon doesn't want to signal the Entire Ward that brother so-and-so's 'problem' or 'challenge' isn't acceptable for advancement, (this was before a temple nearby, TR status is UNK). It seems that a monthly cup of the Evil Bean, or perhaps oral sex, or perhaps non-white shirts, or (gasp) wearing a bolo tie would set a TERRIBLE EXAMPLE for others...

We Can't have THAT, can we Bp. Jackwagon?!

how does one spell 'animosity' , 'embarrassment'?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: June 23, 2019 11:30AM

GNPE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> how does one spell 'animosity' , 'embarrassment'?

I am not sure ......how does one spell "f**k the MORmOPN church" ?????

It may not be very articulate but it gets right to the point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2019 11:49AM by Tevai.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: June 23, 2019 10:58PM

The tradition of ordaining gentleman of advanced years to hugh priest came to an abrubt end in my neck of the woods when Rusty combined the men all into one quorum in each ward.

Several family members lamented that the only way they'd be high priests is if they were in bishoprics or certain stake callings.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: June 25, 2019 10:46AM

Is it possible that the older man at the time was uniquely harsh about his personal worthiness?

My ward had one that would reject every push from different bishops to "advance" to the high priests. He just didn't think that he was good enough to advance. He was living the gospel as good as any other member; perhaps better. This was discussed about every other month in the early bird (ungodly to me) bishopric meeting at 6:45 am. I was the ward clerk that had to be part of these gossip fests (ward council too!).

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: June 25, 2019 10:53AM

The joke in our ward was that in order to qualify to be a high priest, you have to have ear hair! :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.