Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 21, 2019 02:17PM

I have apparently something banned in my post. So I'm reporting this post including the post I was trying to post. If it passes Admin filtering will you post it in place of this one?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: June 21, 2019 02:18PM

Whoever is admining today is on a "delete" kick.

Isn't getting censored fun?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 21, 2019 02:22PM

In the long run, because of the challenge, attempts to censor lead to good, clean fun as one trifles with the censors.

And then there is the hilarity of the double takes, as what was censored yesterday is fine today.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: June 23, 2019 11:24AM

I have seen the admin here do some stupid stuff in the past, like deleting my quotes of what some one else said to prove they had said it, because the some one else then did not like me restating what they had said, when I said the person should do what they said they wanted to do ......which was go back to church.

. ......but I also realize that there have been some whacked out auto censor activity, because at times I edited my rejected posts down to nothing and they were still rejected.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 23, 2019 01:38PM

Is the word "pita" still censored ?

Date: June 23, 2019 02:16PM

Only when associated with "file".

Date: June 24, 2019 10:48AM

Speaking of Satanism and Satanists, I knew of one once a long time ago

Facebook showed me people I could consider befriending. One of these people was a kid who grew up down the street from my family. I stalked him on Facebook, and he has posted a picture of him and his older brother. He had an older brother who tormented me every time he saw me.

His name was Joe Beeson.

Walking to school if he saw me, he threw rocks at me. If he could catch me, he threw me to the ground and roughed me up a bit. I tried my best to avoid his presence because it always meant something bad.

But that is ancient history and he is long dead.
How does this relate to Satan worship? Well, in the late 80s it was the most popular bogeyman around. Lots of people talked about it and how it was taking over the nation. I didn’t know anyone into it except Joe Beeson.

Joe’s friend, the convicted killer, had the same trajectory as me with regards to school. You could have made the same comment about me except I barely made it through sophomore year and dropped out both my junior and senior years.

“Bennett quit trying. He quit high school during his sophomore year after barely making it through the year before.
"In the 10th grade, I got the report card and it was `F,' `F,' `F,' `F,' `F,' " “
https://www.deseretnews.com/article/592252/Drugs-turned-Utahns-straight-life-into-a-twisted-tale-of-murder-despair.html
Bennett and Joe were the only people I knew of who claimed to be into Satan worship.

“His life, he said, evolved into heavy metal music and, eventually, satanic worship.”

And I didn’t know him other than hearsay. Keeping with my tradition of keeping clear of Joe I only had anything to do with them in the drug dealing exploits. Friends of mine would score form them.

And even my friends were wary of Joe. He was known to be very violent. Once everyone at school was going to go to an after-school fight where Joe claimed he was going to beat up a cowboy. I watched. It wasn’t much of a fight. The cowboy kid was built, brawny, and not afraid of Joe like most people were.
He let Joe take the first punch and after that Joe grabbed either his or another kid’s skateboard and cracked it on this kid’s head. He fell and I thought wow. Joe is one crazy dude. But even while Joe was kicking him, he got up and punched the crap out of Joe. He left him moaning and bloody, retrieved his hat and took off in his truck with his friends. Joe didn’t win.

So, I’m curious if Joe wasn’t the instigator in their murder plot.

“The Supreme Court agreed and found that one piece of information that was withheld improperly was a statement from a jailhouse informant suggesting Beeson was the leader and instigator of the robbery, not Bennett.
Beeson, who received a life sentence, was killed in prison.
Also undisclosed to the defense was Beeson’s earlier criminal history. Finally, the prosecution failed to disclose that one of its witnesses was a paid police informant.”
https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/retrial-spares-killer-from-death-penalty/

But for what it is worth here is the story I got.

“The Facts
On February 8, 1988, appellant purchased a .45 caliber handgun at the Van Wagenen Finance Company, a pawn shop in Provo, Utah. Appellant was 18 years old. On February 9, 1988, appellant and Joe Beeson entered the Stop N'Go Market, located at 1201 E. Sahara Avenue, Las Vegas. Derrick Franklin, a black man, entered the store directly after appellant. As Franklin went to the back of the store, Beeson placed a piece of candy on the counter. As Michelle Moore, the clerk at the cash register, rang up the candy, appellant pulled out his .45 caliber handgun and shot her in the face, killing her instantly. Franklin later testified that there was no conversation, argument, or shouting between the parties. Appellant then gave the gun to Beeson and told him to "get the [redacted racial slur]," referring to Franklin. While appellant jumped over the counter and unsuccessfully attempted to open the cash drawer, Beeson approached Franklin with the gun. Franklin pleaded with Beeson not to shoot him and ran out of the store. Beeson fired at Franklin and continued firing until one of the shots struck Franklin in the leg.”
https://law.justia.com/cases/nevada/supreme-court/1990/19706-1.html

Date: June 24, 2019 10:54AM

Oh, and Bennett was pretty stupid. What I heard was he pawned his guitar to get the gun and then returned the murder weapon to get the guitar back.

Date: June 24, 2019 10:49AM

What an idiot I am. Sorry admins.

I put this "[redacted racial slur]" in place of the word starting with 'N' in the quoted text.

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: June 24, 2019 09:39PM

I got a topic deleted once because it was discussing a possible change to the law in my state. The voters would be voting on it. This change would make an illegal substance legal.

I guess the moderator on duty deleted my topic because we are not allowed to talk about illegal substances. But I thought it was very odd, because if a substance is made legal, then that means it is not an illegal substance.

Date: June 25, 2019 10:37AM

I don't think it matters its legality. Drugs is drugs.

Date: June 25, 2019 12:32PM

I reported you! Drugs should never be admitted as being drugs!! I have to go lay down now...

Date: June 25, 2019 01:08PM

Kinda like golf?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.