Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: July 07, 2019 04:29AM

I have a Facebook account and lately I see at least one ad sponsored by the LDS Church every time I check my timeline. I checked my profile and my religious preference is blank. I'm guessing that because I have a lot of LDS friends, I see those ads.

Anybody else seeing a lot of Mormon ads?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Talon Avex ( )
Date: July 07, 2019 06:21AM

I've seen an 'uptick' as well when I'm on a computer without ad-blockers. I think they've sunk some more money into their online advertising as of late.

Posted by: milie ( )
Date: July 07, 2019 08:39AM

This makes sense, after rebranding, you would make up a whole new set of ads and present your new image to the world.

Mormons?! We have no idea what you are talking about! We are the Church of Jesus Christ! Ya know, THE original! Accept no imitations!

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: July 07, 2019 11:26PM

Yes, they used to appear during a television show, usually at an otherwise good part, for the most part.

Commercials have always been a problem. So has mormonism, and "social media", and targeted ads...

They would say FAMILIES (don't tell lies) Are ForNever.

They were like, IF ANYTHING IS GOOD, It's Because... "WE'RE THE MORMONS", We Speak For/ To/ With God... and 'It's All Good', and Mormons Are The Best, And It's A Test: Don't Watch The Rest.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.