Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: July 12, 2019 10:03AM

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2019/07/12/should-lds-bishops/

A continuation of Summer's thread 2 days ago.

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2241334

After reading so many horror stories and inappropriate behavior from poster's here, you'd have to be nuts to allow your kids to be alone in a bishop interview.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 12, 2019 10:06AM

This is taking Sam Young's efforts and responding with a scorched earth policy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2019 10:06AM by Elder Berry.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: July 12, 2019 10:15AM

Exactly, doubling down on an already really bad idea. No way would I allow an 8 year old to be interviewed alone with an adult.

Date: July 12, 2019 11:23AM

sbg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No way would I allow an 8 year old to be
> interviewed alone with an adult.

If they do it, future Mormons will be trained as children to accept interviewing for their whole lives and being missionaries as teens. It will be a wholistic indoctrination from baptism to initiation through missionary service. Their sealing with complete the process of making firm believers in following authority and being reviewed for devotion regularly and following local leaders in observing rules like they did on their missions.

I suspect "every member a missionary" will become everyone need to go on a mission. I foresee women being pushed just as hard to go from 19-20 and then married up to produce more sealed deal Mormons (BIc.)

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: July 13, 2019 12:56AM

Only a cult wants to isolate the children of it's members and interrogate them. They aren't interviews. They are interrogation sessions.

It's all mind control and the church wants to double down on controlling the youth at a younger age.

It's some sick stuff. It shows the mindset of the church leadership. This is all about control.

Date: July 15, 2019 12:10PM

"Only a cult wants to isolate..."

Exactly.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: July 15, 2019 03:54PM

Rubicon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Only a cult wants to isolate the children of it's
> members and interrogate them. They aren't
> interviews. They are interrogation sessions.
>
> It's all mind control and the church wants to
> double down on controlling the youth at a younger
> age.
>
> It's some sick stuff. It shows the mindset of the
> church leadership. This is all about control.

Spot on!

There are some good people that know where to draw the line and back-off and use some common sense. However, if you have a power-driven stake president (that is cynical like some some police officers - Everybody is breaking the law, just they don't get caught) then you have a very bad situation. Some of us went through gestapo-like practices because no higher-ups corrected the malicious stake president and his appetite for power.

Some of went through really awful interrogations because the church had taught that such was God's way. You had to suffer unnecessarily because it was the only way to reconcile one's sins.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: July 12, 2019 12:44PM

Not just an adult, but an adult with authority and no training. An adult that doesn't have a basic script and can go wherever he deems he wants to go. They should make all kids be accompanied by a parent. This is just ripe for more kids being traumatized.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 12, 2019 01:40PM

Well, yes, they are. They doubled down when they acted like they were supportive of gays and then pulled the children of gays policies.

Anyone here have a trusting relationship with an lds leader? I thought I did. How do you think I ended up in the situation I found myself in?

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: July 13, 2019 12:51PM

Are they playing mind games with members?

How about 8!?
Makes 12 seem reasonable right?

Date: July 15, 2019 12:33PM

I doubt it.

To me it seems the church is starting to shift from a conversion church to a retention church. They are looking for ways to retain and getting their claws in earlier is one of these ways.

They don't care if parents are present. They want the Santa Claus of leadership and following them to sink deeper and deeper.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 15, 2019 02:58PM

> To me it seems the church is starting to shift
> from a conversion church to a retention church.
> They are looking for ways to retain and getting
> their claws in earlier is one of these ways.

This is an insightful observation. The balance has certainly shifted towards retention.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: July 15, 2019 03:45PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.