Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lillium NLI ( )
Date: July 20, 2019 08:50PM

I clicked on "Why Did We Build It" expecting to see "To convince everyone that we really really are real Christians." No such luck.

They're getting smarter. This will not be displayed on TSCC grounds, but at Scentsy. I'm sure they'll get more visitors this way.

http://tabernacle2019.com/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: July 20, 2019 09:33PM

The tickets are free. The tabernacle resembles a Jewish house of worship.

I wonder what's the point, other than to proselytize?

Posted by: Aloysius ( )
Date: July 20, 2019 10:03PM

Amyjo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The tabernacle resembles a
> Jewish house of worship.

Probably because it is.

>
> I wonder what's the point, other than to
> proselytize?

None.

Date: July 20, 2019 10:33PM

Aloysius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Amyjo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The tabernacle resembles a
> > Jewish house of worship.
>
> Probably because it is.

Is TSCC having an identity crisis? Because you don't see Jewish synagogues mimicking Mormon temples. Mormons are wannabe Jews, that much I get. But their symbols, beliefs, rituals, and practices are a far cry from anything Jewish. This is pagan, what they're doing IMO, and a mockery. Like when the Israelites made the golden calf. They want people to come and see their Tabernacle of Moses so they'll fall down and worship their Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. It's classic bait and switch!
>
> >
> > I wonder what's the point, other than to
> > proselytize?
>
> None. (I beg to differ. See above! ^^^^)

Posted by: Aloysius ( )
Date: July 20, 2019 11:56PM

What are you talking about, amyjo?

The mormons are saying, basically, "A long time ago, in the bible, god told the israelites to make a temple (tabernacle). This is what it looked like. If you think this is cool, then you should check out our church 'cause we have temples, too."

This isn't a surprising position for them to take. Their whole temple obsession, ever since the days of Joseph Smith, has an attempt to establish legitimacy as the "restored" church by drawing parallels with bible.

Date: July 21, 2019 07:20AM

Jewish temples, practices and beliefs have little to nothing in common with Mormon beliefs and practices.

It is classic bait and switch IMO. They lure people in with a misleading message that they're "more alike than different" from other religions. When nothing is further from the truth.

It's not only a lie. It's a bold-faced, damned lie.

But then what else would you expect from a cult that feigns to be a mainstream church and wants others to accept it as one enough to baptize converts so it can have more income producing members?

Mormons tries to distance itself from itself by not using its own moniker "Mormon" or "LDS," in an attempt to not be associated as a cult because that is how it has come to view itself as others see it. It will never be anything but a cult until it changes its stripes. And until/unless it ditches the whole premise of its origins as well as its quad scriptures that replace the bible, it will never be a mainstream denomination.

Nor does it have any parallels to Judaism. Its temple rituals have nothing in common with Jewish temples, that are open to all of its members who aren't required to have a 'temple recommend' in order to attend, or be full tithe paying members in full standing with a full moral conduct interview annually by their ecclesiastical leaders to basically pry into their bedroom habits. They don't proselytize or baptize the dead, including dead Jews to join their religion. That is all part of a corrupt religion aka cult.

Watching the videos of LDS temple rituals have led me to conclude that what goes on inside the "hallowed" temples of LDS are actually dead rituals that are purposeless without meaning other than busywork and mindless. That is void of spirituality IMO, and creates a spiritual vacuum for those who entertain such mind numbing pursuits.

In a Jewish synagogue aka temple is where all Jewish people meet and gather to pray, fellowship, gather for festivals, and share life events. They are open to ALL members, they are NOT exclusive to only a select few. Because it is not a cult, nor does it try to convert others to its beliefs by drawing them in to a mind numbing cult.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2019 08:22AM by Amyjo.

Posted by: anon-y-mus 4 today ( )
Date: July 21, 2019 03:01PM

This is not anything so new. The Catholic Parish up the street apparently has animal sacrifices open to the public during the summer and in the spirit of hospitality invites the general public. But the differences is I believe they call their outdoor setup " Annual BBQ and Festival ". No reservations necessary, open to all Faiths !

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 20, 2019 09:44PM

Weirder and weirder.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 20, 2019 11:00PM

It seems a bit risky for the church to do something so worthy of mockery in the Age of Nelson. They may be asking for trouble. It’s like a bunch of white guys dressing up like Native Americans and holding a Powwow.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 20, 2019 09:49PM

Looks like they could do some pretty good rodeos in there.

Date: July 20, 2019 10:13PM

Or dances. Throw some sawdust on the floor. Only kosher sawdust, of course.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 20, 2019 11:21PM

LOL.

Looks like a bunch of sheets hung around a storage unit to me.

Date: July 21, 2019 01:40AM

Or a pillow fort.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: July 20, 2019 10:12PM

I reckon that's more inspirational than a replica of Joseph Smith's barn.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 21, 2019 04:36AM

That's funny!

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: July 20, 2019 11:15PM

I didn't know Moses had electric lights.

Anyway, big marketing flaw: the website shows too much. The photos satisfy any curiosity people might have about what's behind the curtain -- unless they're going to actually perform animal sacrifices.

Date: July 21, 2019 12:07AM

Gene Wilder and Harrison Ford in a wild chase scene,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8o1ZYVPfsY

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 21, 2019 12:36AM

I volunteer to be a Money Changer...

jk

Smoke & Mirrors, not the real ChurchCo;
Sorry, but Mormonism has deteriorated to appealing mostly/only to a bunch of Rubes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2019 12:37AM by GNPE.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: July 21, 2019 12:56AM

There isn't that much to see, is there.

It is definitely a ploy to proselytize. In true Mormon fashion, they want to control the audience:

"There will be three ways to see the tabernacle. First, all religious denominations will be invited to schedule tours for their congregations. Individuals are invited to attend with their congregation during their scheduled time. Second, individuals and families will be allowed to secure complimentary tour tickets on a first come first served basis by visiting the website www.tabernacle2019.com beginning July 19, 2019. Third, guests without tickets are invited to come weeknights between 4:00pm and 8:40pm and will be accommodated as space allows. Depending upon demand, other tour times may be added. Please check the website www.tabernacle2019.com for up to date tour information."

I burst out laughing when I read this. It's much ado about nothing! Sheets around a storage unit--LOL.

What the heck are those sheep doing there? Olderelder might be onto something, about animal sacrifice.

What's in it for the visitors? What do they get for being there? No food or water or bathrooms or picnic tables or seating in the shade. People are to be herded in there and preached-at, while they stand in the dust and sheep poop. It looks like there's plenty of dirt parking for the throngs of people who are going to storm the place in masses. What a fun family outing on a hot summer afternoon.

Ya better get tickets for your whole group quick, before they run out!

Date: July 21, 2019 07:25AM

Meridian, Idaho must be short of things to do this summer. ;)

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 21, 2019 01:37AM

I think I've already seen enough.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: July 21, 2019 01:55AM

Two interesting observations.

1. This thing is open on Sunday, which is sort of strange, but I suppose the church doesn't oppose it like it used to in times of old.

2. There is a private event on Saturday 8/17. Is this for a special group of Mormons or a VIP group of Jews?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2019 01:56AM by messygoop.

Date: July 21, 2019 07:27AM

If it's a private event for a Jewish group you can believe it will be heavily infiltrated by Mormons.

Date: July 21, 2019 02:19AM

with the elimination of other pageants, this is especially curious.

Is this a Trial Balloon to find out how more people can be contacted ('Be Sure to Sign the Guest Book')? That's what it looks to be, at least to me.

Date: July 21, 2019 07:30AM

Next year TSCC in Meridian should try doing a Seder for Passover! And invite all the Jews from the surrounding area!

This Tabernacle of Moses could be preserved for future events if they be so inclined (my guess is it won't be because it's all about the "show.")

Date: July 21, 2019 10:24AM

a re-creation of the Jaredite barges; location is undetermined as of now.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: July 21, 2019 04:06PM

"All are welcome to experience this once in a lifetime opportunity. Many religions around the world celebrate the story of the Exodus found in the Old Testament and we hope you’ll join us in this historic tour."

Marmints making history again - is the Pope coming?

Date: July 21, 2019 04:09PM

Nope; His Holiness, the mayor of Vatican City, the Holy Father, is tied up covering-up abusive priests.

the morg copied this model from him!

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: July 21, 2019 09:04PM

Christ said our bodies were a temple and he did away with the law of Moses and it's crazy practices of wasting animals as sacrifices.

A temple is really a Jewish tradition. It has nothing to do with Christianity. I always thought the LDS church was misguided with it's whole obsession with temples.

This is completely stupid.

Date: July 21, 2019 11:02PM

I'm still holding out for the Jaredite Barges, don't try to talk me out of them!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.