Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: July 18, 2019 04:43PM

to hide from the faithful the dwindling attendance numbers???

It could be argued that piece by piece, the leaders are making changes that help mask the shrinkage.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: July 18, 2019 05:08PM

They just need to add a lot of mirrors to the chapel and get some incense burning for some smoke. Heck, I might as well throw in some giant red shoes for the bishop.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 18, 2019 05:24PM

???

It's not like there were three groups of members attending each of the hourly meetings, and if one meeting is cancelled, that group gets split up and sent to the two remaining meetings.

It was the same people at all three meetings, and now it will be the same people at two meetings. Average attendance per meeting should not change much at all.

The problem was people were bored to death at the dreary repetitiousness of it all. It is still dreary and repetitious, but you only have to play with your phone for 2 hours now.

Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: July 19, 2019 10:12AM

2hr block is stage 1.
I’m looking at it as a long con.
Youth “programs” are now apparently “home centered”.
If the entire experience is whittled down to a home based approach, nobody is really sure how many “members” there actually are.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 19, 2019 10:35AM

I agree with that. If they reduce the number of callings that must be filled to keep a ward functioning, they can forestall having to close or combine wards.

I also expect they will open some presently male only callings to women, so they will need less "priesthood" to keep a ward functioning. Combining HPG and EQ and dumping HT has already eliminated several callings.

I think this has been the plan for years. They are very good at "the long con."

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: July 22, 2019 07:17PM

Or Going Bad 'Church' members.

gettinreal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>... attendance numbers?
>
> It could be argued that the (MisS)leaders are making changes that help the shrinkage/ [TRUTH].

Tough argument.

NOTHING needs to "change" for members to wake up/ learn the truth/ walk away/ resign/ leave/ QUIT going/ fall (I say 'climb', or 'spring') away/ be forced out or "excommunicated"/ hated on/ axed/ chased away/ thrown out or "offended"..

ALL truths in morbidism are hidden. That's why they call PROSPECTS, "Investigators". Mormonizm is designed to have you SEARCH for the truth (to be NOT GOOD ENOUGH [already]), not that it's any more inside ldsHOOD than outside it.

Mormonism (MORMONS) Beats Around The Bush, is superstitions and afraid. Why would anyone like that? Who would follow? Who would "lead"? No LDS men (or women) are worthy. TSCC is in apostasy.

You don't have to be smart to know Mormonism is FALSE, but you do have to be KEEN, OBSERVANT, WATCHFUL. LOOK AROUND.

People are leaving.
They aren't joining.
They're walking up.
Dying Out. Learning.

Staying "Home" from 'church' isn't what it used to be. Kids still have to have (a) ball(s) and adults still have to get the Gold & Green.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.