Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: July 26, 2019 05:58PM

Tried to google rfm on my phone yesterday. First pop-up was an ad for www.comeuntochrist.org

It even listed an address and phone number for the local ward in my neighborhood and said "open now, closes at 9 pm" what???

Ok,I dare you to look at that website. I didn't look beyond the first page. there are all sorts of things to click on like request a bible, talk to missionaries, find a church etc. Not until I scrolled clear to the bottom did I see anything that told me this was an ad from the mormon church

Is Rusty trying to re-invent the mormon church into a run of the mill protestant religion? This is getting just plain weird!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2019 05:59PM by gemini.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: July 26, 2019 06:16PM

LOL out loud @ exmos who don't have RfM bookmarked on they phones ~

just LOL ~

step your game up OPie ~

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 26, 2019 06:43PM

not all of us use our phones to access RfM. I got a new computer for my new job and windows 10 doesn't work like windows 8 or 8.1. I had to figure out how to make it so I didn't have rfm show up on google instead of just going straight to it. I can't remember how I did that, but for the first 2 months I had this computer, I had to find it on google.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 27, 2019 01:18AM

I have W10 with the Edge browser. I just start typing "exm..." in the address bar and a few letters is enough to do the trick. You will get a selection of RfM pages to choose from. The one ending with "php?2" is the message board. It's the quickest way to bring it up. (This assumes that you come here somewhat regularly. The browser remembers the sites you've been to before.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2019 01:20AM by summer.

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: July 27, 2019 02:16AM

+1

This is how it works for me!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 27, 2019 09:16AM

and I just click on RfM. I don't have to start putting in any letters. I can't remember why it kept making me google it. I had google something--expert--or something showing up at first and it popped up again yesterday. It makes it much more difficult to find medical terms when you don't use just plain old google. It took me a while when I first used this computer to get just plain old google.

I'm not computer literate. I just work on it!!! Any and all computer stuff, they have to take care of. I just remembered an install they are doing today. I'm glad I remembered.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 27, 2019 12:14AM

Bait and switch again.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 27, 2019 01:23AM

Bait and switch is what rebranding is all about.

Posted by: Wowza ( )
Date: July 27, 2019 08:09AM

Its what cults are all about.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: July 27, 2019 01:56AM

I get an ad that says: Become a better person. Read a Book of Mormon.

False advertising!

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: July 27, 2019 02:06AM

Now it says: Get a Book of Mormon delivered. Become a better person.

How I wonder.

Posted by: ipo ( )
Date: July 28, 2019 10:52AM

Yeah, if it was true then who'd need to leave because they get offended by members? If everybody morphs into a good person just by reading the book.

Posted by: Talon Avex ( )
Date: July 27, 2019 06:21AM

Search Engine optimization and ChurchCo PR seems to have struck again. I've notice a rather an increased level of ads as well. Maybe it's time for the CES Letter and RfM to get an uptick in the Google algorithms?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2019 06:21AM by Talon Avex.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: July 27, 2019 12:50PM

I think it proves how desperate the church really is. Their former marketing no longer appeals to computer savvy people. They can't place ads for Together Forever sappy videos so they've resorted to trickery.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: July 29, 2019 11:16AM

They've always tried bait & switch tactics to get new converts. Start with religion that's comfortable and familiar and get you into the weirdness bit by bit. Nothing new really.

They've got money and they're ready to spend it, but at least they don't get mine anymore.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 29, 2019 07:54PM

Yes. "Milk before meat" is nothing more than bait and switch.

Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: July 29, 2019 08:50PM

Many of the wardhouses have 9-9 hours which makes me wonder if it’s some sort of google default

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.