Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: flutterbypurple ( )
Date: July 30, 2019 02:52PM

Did everyone get their tickets this morning for Rusty's birthday party?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 30, 2019 03:30PM

That's it, rub it in...

I'm on the waiting list. If you're not going, please let them know so that I can climb up that list and hopefully, prayerfully, get a ticket. I only need one. Saucie said, "...,yeah, well tell him..." and then it got very salty.

Posted by: flutterbypurple ( )
Date: July 30, 2019 04:11PM

Saucie salty NO WAY!!!!
Might as well get your 2 in case she has a softening of heart and changes her mind. Or better yet sell the extra one on the LDS black market.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: July 31, 2019 01:04AM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's it, rub it in...
>
> I'm on the waiting list. If you're not going,
> please let them know so that I can climb up that
> list and hopefully, prayerfully, get a ticket. I
> only need one. Saucie said, "...,yeah, well tell
> him..." and then it got very salty.

I changed my mind. I'm going .

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 31, 2019 01:07AM

You are never getting those cherry bombs through security!!

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: July 31, 2019 01:09AM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You are never getting those cherry bombs through
> security!!

It remains to be seen. I have my ways. Don't worry, I'll behave.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 30, 2019 05:26PM

If a girl jumps out of a cake, will she be wearing temple garb?

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: July 30, 2019 05:56PM

Dang! I'm not able to attend because I'm planning to clean my garage that day.

Umm, what day was that again?

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: July 30, 2019 10:36PM

September 6th is a Friday, so I can't make it. Moscow Mules are $3 at Pints & Quarts on Fridays in Lacey, WA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2019 10:36PM by tumwater.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: July 31, 2019 02:30AM

is going to dress up like Marilyn Monroe and sing "Happy Birthday, Mr. President" to the Nelson?

Seeing and hearing that might be worth the price of admission.

And I heard that the Pope may be skyping in to congratulate. A leaked draft of the Pope's congratulatory message includes the following line: "From one great and spacious building to another, I congratulate you on your longevity and although we do not always agree on the specific ways we go about fleecing our respective flocks, I take comfort in knowing that we always agree that the flocks must be fleeced. So here's wishing you many more years of excellent fleecing!"

Following Sheri and the Pope, Wendy will appear dressed as Shirley Temple and will sing a medley of songs including: "You've Gotta Eat Your Spinach, Baby", "Come and Get Your Happiness" and "On the Good Hip, Lollipop".

The grand finale will be when Bednar mud-wrestles against Oaks and Eyring. The stakes will be high because Nelson promised him that if he can succeed in pinning either one of them for more than 30 seconds, he can take that person's place on the First Presidency.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: July 31, 2019 05:26AM

Very funny...but I have a sinking feeling that the birthday bash is real. Come on, people, are there really tickets to this? Is
There a charge? Is it really going to be in the great and specious building?

How garish! How low-class. How self aggrandizing. What an obvious publicity stunt.

My Narcissistic TBM ex mother-in-law had a huge birthday bash in one of the JS Building ballrooms. She wasn’t even RS president, never worked, never did anything, but she had her daughter mail out a full-sized scrapbook page to each guest, and they had to write wonderful things about my ex MIL. The aunt told my kids what to write.

When my ex abandoned our children, for another woman, the TBM in-laws s abandoned them, too, and disinherited them. They said that because my ex and I weren’t temple married, our children were not sealed to them , like their other grandchildren were. after 4 years of no contact my kids were forced they forced to sing “I am a child of god” and “happy birthday” lined up with the other grandchildren. My kids protested and even cried, and said they didn’t even know that family. I decided to be nice, and bribed the kids with a fun activity the day after. At the last minute, the aunt called me and asked me NOT to go to the party, because my wayward ex husband and his woman decided to go, and they didn’t want any awkwardness. (He hannt bothered to come see his children in 4 years. I told her I understood, and that MIL hadn’t spoken to me Since the divorce, anyway. She asked me to drive the children to the JS Building, and drop them off at the curb. I choked out the words, “I will ask the children how they feel about that...it’s up to them.”

The whole charade was so phony, that I broke down.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: July 31, 2019 05:38AM

That’s how Mormons who are narcissistic operate. Sorry about the rambling and iPhone errors. Birthday Bash was a trigger. My children decided not to go. They are wonderful adults now, with children of their own, and because of their own efforts, they have seen their father a handful of times, but he never contacts them.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 31, 2019 06:48AM

Yeah, but this is Mormon Elvis. The whole point of being Elvis is being Elvis. Move those hips, Russell.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: July 31, 2019 09:42AM

Yes the bash is real.

Tickets were free and available starting July 30, however they are all taken.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: July 31, 2019 10:24AM

All the tickets are gone! Is that because the wimmen folk will be serving up fresh, homemade donuts?

Posted by: annon1 ( )
Date: July 31, 2019 10:46AM

Wife wanted to go, so I was able to get 2 tickets. Just what I wanted to do on a Friday night. Dress up and head downtown. The church owns most of the parking lots around the conference center. They'll be raking in the dough that night!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 31, 2019 11:08AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.