Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Screen Name ( )
Date: August 05, 2019 01:09PM

Just when you thought the Lord was impotent, He has inspired the riveting riders of redemption a solution for how to ignore countless lies and a history that, well...just won't go away.

LDS SHELF REPAIR TIPS

http://www.ldsliving.com/Understanding-a-Crisis-of-Faith-For-Those-Who-Have-Never-Had-One/s/91261?utm_source=ldsliving&utm_medium=email

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 05, 2019 01:18PM

I want to meet the Mormon who has never had a faith crisis who is under 50? I'm sure most have. It is a given given the new Internet-filled territory.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 05, 2019 01:25PM

Everybody should have a roll of Spiritual Duck Tapeā„¢ to cover those unsightly holes in the wall where the shelf screws pulled out.

Taping the shelf itself back to the wall is not recommended, but if you do, don't put anything on the shelf, and don't sit under it.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: August 05, 2019 01:26PM

That's not what Boyd told me. My soul isn't worth as much as his. He is too important.

Blah blah blah blah

I didn't leave for intellectual reasons. I have some intellect and it is probably what finally kicked in--logic. My experience was screaming in my head for years. They had no answers for me--in fact, had the wrong answers, still do. AND if they have had the wrong answers all this time and fucked with so many lives, why would I ever consider going back if they changed the teachings about my situation?

I tend to believe that anyone who has a faith crisis and goes back, didn't really have a faith crisis. But that's just me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2019 01:26PM by cl2.

Posted by: My, myself, and I ( )
Date: August 05, 2019 02:13PM

I attempted to go back after being inactive for over two decades and thought I'd give the Church another chance. I quickly found that I didn't fit in. The Ward members were extremely judgemental, cold, rude, and unwelcoming to me. This wasn't a "one time" experience and I attended church again for 6 months. The Bishop showed absolutely no interest in me or with talking to me. I made myself available to him to do so many times.

The Church pleads with persons who are inactive to "come back into the fold" and then expects them to stay when they are treated poorly and made to feel anything but welcome. Why should I willingly associate with people who continually treat me badly?

I gave the Church another try. After my many negative experiences with attending and trying to be a part of it, I'm done.

Congratulations Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You've lost another member. I'm resigning.

Posted by: shylock ( )
Date: August 05, 2019 02:15PM

Don't forget to notarize your letter of resignation... the cult makes it difficult for you to come back and even harder to get your name permanently off their records!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.