Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: August 04, 2019 02:44PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfEqAolZFB0&t=83s

When asked Homo Sapiens if they cared about the extinction of Homo Sapiens, "Let them die. Save the Humans!"

WTF?

Is it possible that our species is devolving to become even more stupid?

https://youtu.be/4K10-K757WY

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 04, 2019 02:51PM

Think about how stupid the average person is and then realize half of the population is even more stupid than that.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: August 04, 2019 03:17PM

What bothers me (a lot) is the widespread ignorance of the interdependency of all species: that OUR lives depend on insects (etc.), and it is in OUR best interest to make sure they survive and thrive--rather than being mass exterminated.

Either up or down (doesn't matter) the life chain from insects, this same principle applies to all lifeforms, and to all that those lifeforms depend on (such as "good" water, "good" air, etc.).

On an overall basis, I think that Homo Sapiens are often more "stupid" than they ought to be, and that if enough of them "do" or "not do" the same (or similar) things, it is US who will eventually die out, by one means or another.

[When I was in school, we had to take a year of Life Science, which was a survey course of various sciences from biology to geology to astronomy. I don't remember hardly any of the facts I learned back then, but I most emphatically DID learn about, and remember, the overarching interdependency of all species/lifeforms and our planet--including the relevant astronomy, like what happens when an asteroid hits our planet and wipes out a major part of our lifeforms. In retrospect, that course became one of the foundations of my adult life view, and still informs many of my priorities today. I don't think they teach it anymore, and I think this is a huge loss for our entire species, certainly in the industrialized world.]

Posted by: Dr. No ( )
Date: August 04, 2019 03:40PM

Lol, this question just totally cracks me up!
Looks like Cat just made a Discovery.

(Don't worry Cat --- it gets worse ;-))

Date: August 04, 2019 05:05PM

There are 2CDs - 1.5 Gb of information stored on every DNA Strand in every cell in the human body.

https://bitesizebio.com/8378/how-much-information-is-stored-in-the-human-genome/

There are 37 trillion cells in your body. Each one has enough information to clone an exact copy of you.

There are 7.7 Billion people on the planet. That means for every human on Earth, there are 4,805 exact copies of you inside of you, contained inside tiny packets of your cells.

You could be considered the God of all those tiny lives contained inside of you, on you.

But for every one of those 4,805 copies of you, there are 10 'foreign microorganisms". There are more phage Viruses on each of your hands than all the people who live in North America. Which is a good thing, because they kill diseases, like ecoli and super bugs.

But the question is, if there are 10 times more of them inside of me than there are human cells, and they are not what we'd consider, 'alive', then who's running the GD show here?

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/strange-but-true-humans-carry-more-bacterial-cells-than-human-ones/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2019 05:07PM by schrodingerscat.

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: August 04, 2019 06:12PM

contuing off top8c noise on his pet issues. again. plese shut koei down on this nonsense

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: August 05, 2019 12:03AM

Excellent observation.

Scat schrodinger...

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 06, 2019 09:27AM

It’s time to clean the litter box.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: August 04, 2019 06:31PM

They probably not ight it meant homosexuals.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2019 10:35PM by bona dea.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 04, 2019 06:40PM

Homosensuals ?

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: August 04, 2019 08:01PM

What, me worry?

Perhaps ignorance is bliss. I'm trying to remember the recipe combinations in my sweet-sour sauce, which I think will make quite an impact on the tastebuds of my family--and I don't need to know precisely how many tastes buds that is, collectively--to bring my family 10 minutes of joy.

Live for the moment. Concentrate on the task at hand.

"The Fact is the sweetest dream that labor knows."--Robert Frost.

I'll bet some of you think Robert Frost is overrated, don't you. You would prefer TS Elliott. IMO, some of you try too hard.

Go outside, right now, and enjoy the sunset!

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: August 05, 2019 03:41AM

or sapien phobic. One of those.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: August 05, 2019 10:44AM

Yes, they really are that stupid. Look no further than the thread about Lucifer.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 05, 2019 01:24PM

I blame their breeding.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 05, 2019 02:02PM

Your definition of stupid is, if you'll pardon my saying so, stupid. Not knowing the formal Latin name for humans is not stupid anymore than not knowing the Latin name for an oak tree (I have no idea), or the Croatian word for "cat", or the Chinese word for "doorknob".

I will grant you that a person pretending to know what homo sapiens sapiens means when they haven't a clue scores some stupid points.

Date: August 05, 2019 08:39PM

Brother Of Jerry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Your criticism of my definition of stupid is, if you'll pardon my
saying so, the Definition of stupid: having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense.

If an adult graduated from elementary school, where they learn the theory of evolution in 5th grade biology, then maybe all the people interviewed in the video were just absent every time their teacher brought up Homo Sapiens?

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 05, 2019 10:49PM

Snarky and derivative. You can do better.

I really don't think of vocabulary tests as being very indicative of intelligence. Being able to solve problems, critical thinking skills, and the common sense you mentioned, seem more important to me. What does knowing Latinate taxonomy have to do with common sense? It seems a lot closer to the pedantry side of the scale.

I'm sure the Holy Roman Empire was covered in my history classes. I can boil down nearly everything I remember into one word: Charlemagne. I think it ended either at the beginning or end of the Renaissance. It's not a subject that had much relevance to my life, so I forgot it. That doesn't demonstrate my stupidity.

BTW, Croatian: mačka - cat. There will be a quiz in two months. It will include knowing the word for doorknob in the 6 most commonly spoken languages in the world. Good luck ;)

Date: August 05, 2019 02:41PM

The formal Latin name is taught in schools and in several classes. People who aren't familiar with it may not be stupid, but they are ignorant-at least in this case. I knew what homo.sapiens means in junior high.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: August 05, 2019 03:47PM

bona dea Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The formal Latin name is taught in schools and in
> several classes. People who aren't familiar with
> it may not be stupid, but they are ignorant-at
> least in this case. I knew what homo.sapiens means
> in junior high.

It may not be taught in *all* schools or classes. Ergo, folks who aren't taught it or haven't come across it are not stupid or ignorant. They just don't know that particular fact. They likely know information that others don't. Which either makes everybody "ignorant" or everybody just human and in the lifelong process of learning.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: August 06, 2019 03:11AM

This is important. A lot of people are so busy trying to save humanity, or the planet, or other valuable things, that they don't care what the Latinate term is.

Ultimately it is a question of priorities.

Date: August 05, 2019 11:08PM

That is what so said. They are ignorant of that fact. However, it is common knowledge for people who were paying attention.

Posted by: mahana ( )
Date: August 06, 2019 02:56AM

The answer to you question is yes! Belive me, if you have ever worked in a call center you would find out.. It's quite surprising how many people can't even figure out how to plug in a computer. Then call yelling to speak to a supervisor because you sold them a piece of junk.. smh..

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.