Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Wowza ( )
Date: August 18, 2019 07:22AM

I watched a movie a long time ago. I can't find it now. but essentially it was based on a true incident. A guy and his gf/wife? brought a bomb to an elementary and were holding the kids ransom.

Anyway. The bomb ends up going off, but it sucks as a bomb and acts more like a rocket and shoots up. the guy and wife? die and then a week or more later an older lady dies from smoke inhalation, that worked at the school.

but the movie states. Miraculously no one but the criminals died from the explosion.

I mean... why lie? all the kids lived. the bomb failed to go off as intended.

Its something I hate about the church. They insist on making things EVEN better, who cares if you bend the truth a bit. makes me gag.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: August 18, 2019 08:27AM

Are you talking about the Cokeville Elementary incident?

https://www.wyohistory.org/encyclopedia/cokeville-elementary-school-bombing

Two nuts, David and Doris Young, tried to blow up an elementary school because David apparently had some crazy idea that everyone would die and be reborn with him as a god. David left the room and Doris set off the bomb by accident. Doris got set on fire from the bomb and David shot her and himself. Everyone else survived.

And, of course, members and Morg PR boys turned the whole horrific hostage incident into faith-promoting propaganda.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: August 18, 2019 01:01PM

2015 movie, "The Cokeville Miracle"; https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3877296/

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: August 18, 2019 02:04PM

This was once featured on Robert Stack's Unsolved Mysteries. I see it when I binge watch the show. You can tell that some of the students were members with all their references to a loving HF.

I was unaware that one person had indeed perished as a result of their injuries.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 19, 2019 08:07AM

It's an interesting story that I had forgotten about. Thanx for jogging my memory. Mormons made it into a "faith promoting story".

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.