Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: chimera ( )
Date: August 18, 2019 09:09PM

Hey, everyone! I posted a few years ago after going through a really traumatic time "investigating" Mormonism. At the time, I was extremely codependent and easily swayed by their techniques. I haven't had contact with them for a long time, but I talked about it today with a friend. There are aspects of church in general that I miss. I miss having a place to meet people, and I recognize how I got molded into what other people wanted from a young age in my conservative Christian church.

Today, I remember how it affected me and how learning about Mormonism opened my eyes to my past and how much it hurt me. I attended my first CoDA meeting yesterday, and I'm trying to figure out who I actually am. That journey began when I reached out to all of you, and many of you told me that I could make the decision for myself. I know that the Mormon church/ cult hurt a lot of you, and many of you still feel the effects of that. Thank you for helping me and sharing your experiences. It still means a lot to me, even if I never got baptized or went through what you all did. I hope all of you are growing and recognize your worth. Thank you for helping me all those years ago. I can tell you that I was very lost, alone, and afraid, and I got out and feel better now. Once again, thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2019 09:12PM by chimera.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: August 19, 2019 12:11AM

I'm glad you were able to avoid what so many of us suffered for years.

Best of wishes to you.

Posted by: chimera ( )
Date: August 19, 2019 09:35AM

Thank you, Heartless. Best of wishes to you as well!

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: August 19, 2019 10:20AM

Have a wonderful journey taking control of your AUTHENTIC life. Sounds like you have made progress in the right direction for you!
Good luck and enjoy!

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: August 19, 2019 10:27AM

I can understand how you may have had a "traumatic" time investigating Mormonism, because the cult's missionary effort is geared toward manipulating the emotions of the investigator with fake friendship and caring. It is all a fascade to get you baptized and once that happens, the missionariess got what they wanted from you - a number they can report. Then they drop you. Mormonism is a crazy world - glad you stayed out of it.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: August 19, 2019 02:04PM

Good to hear from you, chimera! Thanks for your success story, of seeing brighter days, after being out from under the depressing cloud of Mormonism. It doesn't take long for the cult to do its damage. Along with its own collection of lies, the Mormons lie about other religions and the outside world, in general. I'm glad you didn't buy into the fear and threats that you would fail and be eternally lonely and unhappy in a "lone and dreary world". The truth is, that the world is full of love! You are finding real help, out here with the rest of us.

You've made my day. I remember you.

Congratulations!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.