Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonski ( )
Date: August 28, 2019 05:09PM

Take a look at this apostle of Jeebus. No pulpit anymore? No microphone? Are we trying to have a more main stream evangelistic appearance. Seems so.

Also in his speech, he said to the YBU student that we don't fully know how the BOM was translated. Ah..but we do there Gary. We do know. Even we fully know. It's called a rock in a hat. Why Gary, I think you are to embarrassed to tell the students of this. Tee hee. Don't blame you. I would be too.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/church/news/elder-stevenson-speaks-of-ongoing-restoration-book-of-mormon-at-education-week?lang=eng&_r=1

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 28, 2019 06:10PM

“Highlighting key moments of the ongoing Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ,”

I’m pretty sure they meant “Gaslighting”.

I’ve seen Mormonism described as perpetual Junior High, so this makes perfect sense. When in doubt, play stupid and hope nobody notices. Hey, it worked in Jr High.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2019 06:14PM by babyloncansuckit.

Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: August 29, 2019 11:16AM

“Ongoing restoration...”???
Christ’s ministry lasted 3yrs. The “restoration” has been “ongoing” for nearly 200yrs. How freakin hard can it be???

Date: August 29, 2019 12:27PM

They’re restoring the restoration. “Ongoing restoration” is the latest buzzword invented by the Q15.

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: August 29, 2019 12:37PM

Need to rebuild.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: August 29, 2019 02:03PM

In this case, “ongoing restoration” means to keep slapping on a new coat of paint when the foundation is missing.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: August 28, 2019 11:52PM

nothing was translated.

We fully know that Joseph Smith put on a little show consisting of putting a rock in a hat and pretending to see words in the rock when he stuffed his face into the hat.

We fully know that to normal people the rock-in-the-hat gimmick is clear evidence indicating that Joseph Smith was a ridiculous fraud preying on the gullibility of superstitious frontier folk and that he had used the same rock-in-the-hat gimmick as part of his previous treasure-hunting scam.

We fully know that the modern leaders of the church know how idiotic the real history comes across, so they dishonestly pretend that "it’s not fully known how the translation of the Book of Mormon was accomplished".

In other news, a Mormon apostle, having recently seen a stage magician's act, spoke to some members outside the theater and told them: "It's not fully known how the magician was able to saw his lovely assistant in half, without getting blood everywhere and it's not fully known exactly how he was able to put the two halves together again. But what we do know is what was done is an absolute miracle, even in today’s standard with modern tools. Imagine accomplishing the complete severing of a woman's body into two parts and then putting the two parts of her body back together again without the woman dying or even being permanently physically impaired...and imagine doing all of this in 15 minutes--less time than a 50-minute class at BYU. This is what Giuseppe the Magician did."

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: August 29, 2019 11:16AM

“Each and every day, miracles surrounding the Book of Mormon continue,” he said.

So he drops a soundbyte; doesn't elaborate or give examples, but continues with his talk.

So I will fill in.

He's thinking "It's a miracle that we are still finding fools to believe the fraud and pay tithing. What a marvelous scam!"

Posted by: blueskyutah2 ( )
Date: August 29, 2019 12:33PM

Here is what I know about this clown. Anything he says about Jesus would be a lie.

1. He runs/owns a sweat shop company built on cheap labor.
2. The company was built on literally "stealing" competitor's ideas shortly before national conventions held to display new models of the product. The company would quickly create a prototype of the stolen technology.
3. I attended a college student ward where he was the Bishop. He wore a pompous 3 piece double breasted suit every Sunday and his wife and children were dressed like they came out of a fashion magazine.

Date: August 29, 2019 01:11PM

“...sweat shop company built on cheap labor.”

Kind of like the church? It looks like they picked the right guy.

Posted by: blueskyutah2 ( )
Date: August 29, 2019 02:16PM

https://www.iconfitness.com/ located in Logan, Utah.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 29, 2019 02:56PM

No one ever sued over intellectual copyright theft? That would be rich.

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: August 29, 2019 03:10PM

What a Wanker you are Gary...

You're either a LIAR or you have a LEARNING PROBLEM!

So which is it???

Sheesh with that stage setup you shoulda started the Karaoke Machine half-way through & really entertained with Hotel California as in "You Can Check Out Any Time You Like...But You Can NEVER Leave"!!!

Or so it seems to me...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.