Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: August 30, 2019 03:42PM

Mormon racism is very explicit. You don't have to ask.

2 Nephi 5:21-25

21 And he had caused the acursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be centicing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.

22 And thus saith the Lord God: I will cause that they shall be loathsome unto thy people, save they shall repent of their iniquities.

23 And cursed shall be the seed of him that mixeth with their seed; for they shall be cursed even with the same cursing. And the Lord spake it, and it was done.

24 And because of their cursing which was upon them they did become an idle people, full of mischief and subtlety, and did seek in the wilderness for beasts of prey.

25 And the Lord God said unto me: They shall be a scourge unto thy seed, to stir them up in remembrance of me; and inasmuch as they will not remember me, and hearken unto my words, they shall scourge them even unto destruction.

Many evangelical Christians also claim that Christianity requires them to be racist. Of course it doesn't -- they are just using their version of the religion to justify their own predjudices and hatreds -- but by what rationale do they claim to make statements like this:

“I’m a Christian and my Christian beliefs are you don’t do interracial marriage. That’s the way I was brought up and that’s the way I believe,” he said. “I have black friends, I hired black people. But when it comes to all this stuff you see on TV, when you see blacks and whites together, it makes my blood boil because that’s just not the way a Christian is supposed to live.”
-- Hoschton, Georgia City Councilman Jim Cleveland

“My suggestion, recommendation: Keep Marysville a white community as much as possible, White. Seriously. In other words, no foreign-born, no foreign people.”
“Husband and wife need to be the same race. Same thing with kids. That’s how it’s been from the beginning of, how can I say, when God created the heaven and the earth. He created Adam and Eve at the same time. But as far as me being against blacks, no I’m not.”
-- Marysville, Michigan City Council Candidate Jean Cramer

These are commonly held white evangelical Christian beliefs -- and have nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2019 03:48PM by anybody.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 30, 2019 03:59PM

Conservative cultures are slow to change. They also backfill their religious narratives to support their preconceived notions. Those two tend to conflict. Mormonism is ultra conservative at a time of unprecedented social change, making it a social oddity. The church isn’t crazy. It has money, so it’s eccentric.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.