Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 25, 2019 01:25PM

They are ladder day middle class neo-pharisees who require their Christian New World adopted into being Jewish peoples to donate their time, their talents, and 10 percent of their money to build afterlife temples to an ancient middle eastern deity called Elohim.

They are very comfortable not being megachurch leaders or television evangelists. They prefer to see themselves as politically powerful and parochially patriarchal in leading a people of middle classes and using 10 percent of these people's income to build up a kingdom fit for a middle of the road religion full of rules and regulations they can tweak happily with policies year after year.

They literally are the "cream scrapers" of a vast middle class empire of 10 percenters and use said cream to enjoy upper middle class pleasures and social climbing whilst they perch atop their Rameumpton pulpits meting out an absolutist authority to determine the morality of their millions.

Are they worthy? Their PPIs are circle jerks in their main temple. They don't pay the 10 percent and they don't apologize when their policy making and political participation goes against populist sentiments.

For them there are no homosexuals in their father knows best conference seats. They all relish their own wisdom and power and priesthoods more than their people. They are pillars of past human possibility that is not withstanding the pressures of present time.

They look like Hasidic pork eaters. Bring on their conference. I've taken my vitamins. Let their surgeon general authority knock my family's garments off!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2019 01:27PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: September 25, 2019 08:00PM

Well said.
And according to the Utah news, there will soon be a temple for the GA's to dedicate out in the toolies in a place called Erda. Nice. LaVar & Vonda can soon go to Erda for secret handshakes!

Date: September 26, 2019 10:46AM

Thanks for you reply.

It came to me in moment of clarity. We have had many many threads about them. They buck the big buck making and spending paradigm of more obvious religious fleecing of sheeple.

Where is their pleasure if they can't live a life of hidden hedonism while crying on tv or in front of 1000s of people for the hard earned cash of those people?

And it hit me. They are more than compensated in being "authorities" and carrying a "mantle" of judgment. What that is is modern day Pharisees. Just like in The Book of Mormon, they are the real-life (not fictional) priests of Noah as well as the Zoramites on their Rameumptons. These are their pleasures and they grant themselves a Second Anointed license to judge and mete out judgement carte blanc.

And their perks don't hurt much either. What other place in human life can you think you are a "restored" truth bearer and enjoy upper middle class pleasures and status while gambling in politics and amassing little "gifts" from your leadership like vacation property, super schools for grandchildren, all expense paid trips to be adulated by the hoi poi membership?

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 26, 2019 11:08AM

“By the sweat of thy brow” means something. These are not good men. They neither seek nor find. They set themselves upon a fool’s errand, a job for which they are well qualified.

Date: September 26, 2019 11:15AM

Old pampered missionary men with wives in tow proselyting to their new and old acolytes preaching their gospel of middle class well mannered and managed people quietly paying their prayer tax and upholding the law as long as it suits their uninformed enlightened absolutism.

Joju was looking for blind followers. His mission continues to this day.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: September 26, 2019 08:07PM

They seem to be really good at getting what they want. They seem to have really nice big wonderful families with lots of money. And they all seem successful. Could this be from them being really good fathers? I don't know, But how is it possible when they were never home, unless kids didn't need fathers, Maybe they just need really good genes and a prestigious name. They were blessed with high IQs, where everyone else I see around are below average.

Anyway mormon GAs confuse the heck out of me.

Date: September 27, 2019 11:27AM

Do you really think they would show their warts?

I'm a great grandson of a past member of The First Presidency. Of his prodigy probably 10 percent (from my family alone) are still active Mormons.

My grandmother worshiped her apostle father but the stories I've heard were that my great grandmother was a mess and hid in her bathroom many times hiding from her children. And this was in the "Good Ole Days" of early 20th Century Mormonism.

You really think these people all have "really nice big wonderful families"?

Seriously, I don't know what it is like being a child of these people but I can imagine it is what I experienced with even more of a no show father.

But keeping up appearances seems to be working on you.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 26, 2019 08:20PM

One impressive thing about the GAs is their modesty.

They are never pushy when it comes to their dealings with non-members. Each of them keeps his calling as well as his testimony a secret!

I presume it is for the benefit of non-members, lest ghawd punish them for rejecting his prophets.

Date: September 27, 2019 11:30AM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One impressive thing about the GAs is their
> modesty.

They don't show much skin although Jeremey's jowls have been showing more and more skin for him.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 26, 2019 11:20PM

Their power and authority come from the consent of the governed so they are real. But it’s like getting a trophy wife by lying about being an astronaut, billionaire, Nobel laureate, etc.

Date: September 27, 2019 11:33AM

"They all relish their own wisdom and power and priesthoods more than their people."

That was the point. They have real power over people they don't care for. That is a Pharisee - someone so into governing by arbitrary rules and absolutist theology that the governed and their problems pale in comparisons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2019 11:33AM by Elder Berry.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: September 27, 2019 11:37AM

They all look so humble and unassuming; especially when they are seated in their large, red velvet wing chairs for GC. Their very words are awe-inspiring, such as "The church does not apologize".

Date: September 27, 2019 12:08PM

valkyriequeen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Their very words are
> awe-inspiring, such as "The church does not
> apologize".

When I was in my slow progression out of the church I read the article this is taken from.

"Divine love is perfect, infinite, enduring, and universal. The full flower of divine love and our greatest blessings from that love are conditional—predicated upon our obedience to eternal law. I pray that we may qualify for those blessings and rejoice forever."
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/ensign/2003/02/divine-love?lang=eng

I thought it was awful. I questioned whether I could worship a God where to have "full flower of divine love" I had to follow rules to the letter. It seemed stupid for a religion of repentance. I had previously thought of "enduring to the end" as a struggle to improve self in the face of God through the sustaining "full flower of divine love" and while I couldn't avoid consequences of rebellion and sinning I did have divine love on my side like all children of God did. I saw an egalitarian and magnanimous father guiding with mercy and love his children back towards him in "mysterious ways."

Rusty put everything on a the head of a nail. God is a hammer and if you stick out he will hit you hard. That is the only way to drag you to repentant behavior. The only good child was an obedient one. No love for the disobedient ones.

But I'll hand it to Rusty. He set me straight. I wasn't made for that road.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2019 12:11PM by Elder Berry.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.