Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Naked at Dawn ( )
Date: September 25, 2019 12:07PM

We had our Home Teachers around once. They decided to turn up unannounced. It was a sunny evening. We were in the backyard lounging in the sun.

They rang our doorbell, but we couldn't hear it because we were out back. They decided to look for us, and came through our gate. When they saw us, they got the shock of their lives. They started saying, "We're sorry, we're sorry." They ran off covering their eyes.

We hadn't been going for about six months, and then a couple of days later, the bishop went and phoned us. He started by asking us how we were, why weren't we going to church and so on.

He then asked us if there was anything we wanted to tell him. I said, "I don't know what you mean, Bishop." Then I said that did he mean the Home Teachers? I said that they had burst into our backyard while we were enjoying the sun.

And he said, "Is there anything else you want to tell me?"

I said that I didn't appreciate how the Home Teachers had burst in on us, and invaded our privacy.

He then tells us off for wearing no clothes!

I said that we were in a private area, and they had no business going there. No one can see into our backyard except from our house.

He then told us that we were being immodest and this was a serious issue. I told him it was not a serious issue when Adam and Eve had no clothes on. I said it was natural for people to go without clothes and there was nothing wrong with it. Besides, I told him the area was private and we weren't hurting anyone. But he still wouldn't get it.

The Home Teachers didn't come around again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 25, 2019 12:15PM

Mormons have no boundaries. How dare they come into your backyard without being invited!!

My neighbor kids, who are mormon, have rabbits and chickens that get into my yard sometimes and also they will hit balls into the yard. They ALWAYS knock at my door and never go back there without my permission.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2019 12:16PM by cl2.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: September 25, 2019 12:20PM

You were enjoying a nice day in your own backyard. Your behavior was completely acceptable and healthy.

Your home teachers trespassed. Not OK, not legal, and potentially unhealthy (the homeowner could have a gun, there could be a guard dog, they could face legal consequences).

Your bishop's behavior was certainly not OK. He should have scolded the home teachers and insisted they apologize to you.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: September 25, 2019 12:25PM

Unless, of course, you're obeying "a higher law."

Sarcasm aside, there are "higher laws," such as "exigent circumstances," such as fire, calls or cries that could indicate distress, an unattended child, etc.

Once on the midnight shift, I got a call for a "domestic violence in progress." So a bunch of us showed up good and fast, and could hear the cause through an open window from the sidewalk. It was very obviously a woman enjoying her lover!

I closed the call with the code for "Persons Investigated--No services necessary." (No POLICE services, I mean!)

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 25, 2019 12:47PM

You didn't hide yourselves because you were naked?

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: September 25, 2019 12:50PM

They never own up to an error. It always has to be your fault.

That's how they roll.

Posted by: Razortooth ( )
Date: September 25, 2019 01:49PM

Nudity is against your religion. I think my tbm wife believes people should be born fully clothed.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: September 25, 2019 01:56PM

Invasion of privacy is one of the indicators of a cult society.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 25, 2019 02:11PM

I write too much here, so I will list my run-ins.

-HT came over unannounced and couldn't use our tools in garage. He tried to enter my house through a blocked sliding door.

-Stake presidency with some Ga-s bag came over to strengthen the Goops on a Summer afternoon. We were all in our swimming pool cooling off. They joined us pool side while we swam. I got them a bit wet. Pompous pricks.

-HT came over on Super Bowl Sunday and my football lovin' Dad ran him off because he turned off the game to talk about Jo Smith.

-I was dragged off a school bus to go to Tuesday afternoon primary. The lady did not have permission. I was left alone at church waiting for Mom who thought I was at a neighbor's house.

-Had a zone leader break down a bathroom door because my companion was taking "too long" in the apartment's bathroom. He grabbed him by the neck off the toilet.

Mormon's have a propensity for violence.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 25, 2019 03:24PM

I love what your dad did during the super bowl.

All your examples are so horrible.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 25, 2019 02:28PM

there are (were?) one or two groups of nudist - naturist Mormons, I joined their roll, but live too far away to participate; also, there was a non-mormon group called Utah Nudists (naturists?), I went to a nude swim with them once.

LDSSDC LDS skinny-dippers club, I forget the other

Google is your friend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2019 02:31PM by GNPE.

Posted by: Now a Gentile ( )
Date: September 25, 2019 03:29PM

Was the swim in the basement of a plumbing supply yard? That is where I had my one and only naturist swim.

Wait a minute...maybe that wasn't a naturist party but a swingers' party.

Never mind.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: September 25, 2019 02:51PM

And both of them got in the car thinking to themselves.... "I sure wish I could sit around naked with my wife in the backyard."

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 25, 2019 03:00PM

Don't the pious ones think that members should only engage of in sex with their spouse in the dark while wearing their holy underwear?

I think one leader claimed that he had never seen his wife naked.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 25, 2019 04:41PM

That's cuz Peterson knew that if he saw her, it would ruin the fantasy he built in his mind in order to perform his higher priesthood duties.

Date: September 27, 2019 02:31PM

He was afraid that if he saw her nekkid, something of his would turn into a pillar of salt.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 27, 2019 05:16PM

Watch it, Roy.

Date: September 27, 2019 06:21PM

well, you of all people should know what happens when people look at things god doesn't want them to look at ;)

I can't help it, its gods way, not mine.

And why salt? Why not a pillar of sugar, or cinnamon, or lime green jello with carrots and celery in it?

Posted by: LJ12 ( )
Date: September 25, 2019 03:48PM

A few years ago the gas people trespassed into my back garden by climbing over the gate to get to some pipes or whatever, because I wasn’t home. I filed a complaint and in order to avoid criminal prosecution they had to pay me a few hundred.

I almost wish some mormons had done something this serious as I’d have loved to have called the cops on them. Oh well.

However invasion of privacy (ie completely ignoring it) was a big problem for me in the Morg. In fact, I think this was the first sign for me that something was actually wrong. Even though I was ultra TBM, something fundamental to my character is my need for alone time and privacy. Call it an introvert thing: I can’t live without it, quite literally.

-My phone rang all the time. I often declined to answer, but more often was out, but had an answering machine and people would leave long messages on it. It was a bad idea to have that machine! I dread to think what life would be like in the Morg now with mobile phones.
-If I didn’t return calls asap then people would email me. It wasn’t acceptable to not return calls immediately; usually it was pointless stuff to do with callings from housewives, who didn’t understand I had a job, and a child, and no husband. LOL.
-One dude used to just show up at my door to give me food I didn’t need. Crazy nutjob. Luckily no home teachers did this - I actually had a decent respectful HT.
-Once I went inactive, people would knock on my door after church. I’d ignore them so eventually that stopped.
-My daughter’s mormon grandparents flew in from the other side of the world and just showed up at our house. I’d been at work all day and it was at NIGHT; we were in our pyjamas! Seriously? I had in any case grown accustomed to never answer my door without a prior appointment so they then went to my parents house. I declined to see them as demanded by my mother, and so of course we had a row.

If they’d emailed first or even used a phone MAYBE I’d have considered it. Whatever.

Mormons, and by extension by semi-mormon family, have no respect, or awareness for privacy or of any individuality. The whole system is abusive. If you stand up for yourself you get labelled and pressured and the abuse goes on.
Unfortunately for me I haven’t escaped it completely yet. My family punish me by refusing to talk to me. It has to be on their terms it seems, or not at all.
Not at all then? Fine by me.

Date: September 25, 2019 04:19PM

Rules that guided George Washington to greatness-
(he studied these as a youth, well documented)

1. Every action done in company ought to be done with some sign of respect to those that are present.

6. Sleep not when other speak. Sit not when others stand. Speak not when you should hold your peace.

22. Show not yourself glad at the misfortune of another, though he be your enemy.

44. Though it succeed not well, blame not him that did it.

49. Use no reproachful language against anyone; neither curse nor revile.

56, Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation for ‘tis better to be alone than is bad company.

73. Think before you speak

109. Let your relations be manful, not sinful

110. Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire called conscience

From ‘George Washington, A Life’ by Willard Sterne Randall.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2019 04:23PM by GNPE.

Posted by: Gheco ( )
Date: September 25, 2019 05:58PM

Considering the situation, one might ask if the home teachers were/are promoting the historical mormon suggestion of polyandry.

Perhaps you should have asked them to join the party.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: September 25, 2019 06:16PM

I don't know if you find this incident funny or not, I would be traumatized. I'm sure you are traumatized. It's not fair that bishop talked to you like that. You have a right to be naked on your property. It was just very rude what them Mormons did to you. Never speak with those heathen people again, those Mormons are evil. and stay away from them because they will traumatize you more and more, what they did to you was uncalled for and you should make sure everyone knows what they did to you. This just upsets me.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 25, 2019 06:24PM

It makes one wonder!

Do you think that the bishop ever takes notice, as he sits on the stand, that everyone in the chapel is completely nekkid under their clothing?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 25, 2019 06:39PM

If you are in a mood to be polite, you could tell the bishop to. "Mind your business," or, "Tend to yourself." And if you are not in the mood to be polite, I would unleash a very nice stream of swear words in which I would suggest that he perform some unnatural acts on himself.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: September 25, 2019 07:21PM

In my clueless missionary days I might (but not likely) have been brazen enough to go into someone's backyard but if I had stumbled upon nude sunbathing I would have exited ASAP and never mentioned it to anyone. Even I knew at that young age that judging what someone does in the privacy of their home and private yard is not my call. And if a clueless missionary doesn't realize that, his/her mission president should have known it.

Enter Mormonism and leave your common sense at the door.

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: September 25, 2019 09:49PM

You should have threatened to sue the home teachers for trespassing.

Date: September 25, 2019 09:53PM

If they had been previously invited, that wouldn't fly.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 25, 2019 11:47PM

If the bishop invites me to his house, can I waltz into his bedroom at 3:00 in the morning?

Posted by: richardthebad (not logged in) ( )
Date: September 25, 2019 10:05PM

I would have probably started playing with myself and asked them if they "had a problem with masturbation".

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: September 25, 2019 11:26PM

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: September 26, 2019 12:18AM

in b 4 ~

sorry OPie ~

sorry OPie ~

brb ~ covering eyes because no pics ~

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: September 26, 2019 02:32AM

Funny story! (but, yeah, it made me mad, too.)

Ziller is asking for pics again!

My short list:

--Two priesthood leaders (full-grown, very large dads) came into my house (my door was unlocked, and I was at church already) went down into my son's bedroom, and, when he was sound asleep, they yanked him out of bed and onto the floor, and kicked him on the floor. They shoved him around, forced him to get dressed, and kicked him in the butt up the stairs and into their van. They drove him to church, and held him hostage for priesthood meeting.

This wasn't a one-time thing. They did this several times, to both boys. It was just they way our insane ward treated children. Different priesthood leaders did the same thing to my younger son, when he reached that age.

The boys were so scared of these thugs (one actually had a police record!), that they were afraid to tell me. They had two large early morning paper routes, which caused them to want to go back to bed and sleep, after their work was done.

I had previously told the YM leader that my son was NOT going to the YM activity. A few minutes later, the leader, a former Marine, burst open the door, when my son answered it, and chased him into the back of the living room, grabbed him, and picked him up, and was carrying him out the door, when I came into the room to see what the noise was about. My son was crying. When I yelled for the brute to put my son down, he actually argued with me! I exploded, and said he was trespassing, and I was going to call the police. He put my son down and left. He and his son started rumors around my son's school, that my son was a "crybaby", but, fortunately my son had a lot of friends who knew otherwise, and they just laughed at what a jerk the YM leader was.

This is child abuse! Trespassing! Breaking and entering! (even with my door unlocked, they opened it, when I was not there)

In your case, trespassing and invasion of privacy and possibly slander/defamation of character! (when the HT's ratted on you and your wife) There's nothing "bad" about being nude in your own private yard, and shame on the Bishop for mentioning it. He owes you an apology, but as one late prophet said, "The Mormon church never apologizes."

I wish you had had a big, territorial dog back there with you!

Posted by: LJ12 ( )
Date: September 26, 2019 06:01AM

Wow. That’s all criminal behaviour, literally. You could have pressed charges and had them all arrested, assuming the police weren’t mormon. Unbelievable.

Date: September 27, 2019 12:05AM

* Assault & Battery on a child
* Breaking & Entering in the Daytime (Often enhanced as "Aggravated" or some more serious degree when done at night. Terms vary.)
* Unarmed home invasion
* Trespassing
* Breach of the peace
* Attempted Kidnapping (of a child) (a.k.a. "Unlawful Restraint")

As always, legal terms and definitions vary, but that's the gist of it. My heart sinks when I hear about what people endure and fail to get the authorities in mind.

If you were touched -- in any way, even if minor -- Ex-M, that's another A&B charge.

EDIT: It's not for "you" to file charges. It's the municipality, county, or state which does that. "You" are the victim (and also a witness), and it is the government's responsibility to look after "your" situation as a victim.

Folks: when something like this happens, CALL THE POLICE to respond and FILE A REPORT, even if the offender has let. The report will then go to a detective, supervisor, or perhaps a special unit for further investigation and action -- hopefully a prosecution.

I apologize for the patently criminal and otherwise inappropriate behavior of my fellow Marine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2019 12:09AM by caffiend.

Date: September 27, 2019 12:23AM

There are marines, and then there are marines.

Your notion of reporting everything makes a ton of sense. It is no less criminal if it is done by religious folk who believe they are justified, and a police record would bolster any subsequent reports. Until the church has been slapped around a bit, even just contacted for interviews by the police, it won't change its behavior.

Regarding kidnapping or unlawful restraint, my understanding is that even a few seconds counts under the law in most jurisdictions. So picking a kid up and carrying him to another room would meet the standard. Is that incorrect?

Party on, caffiend. Party on.

Date: September 27, 2019 12:52AM

That's why I hedged with the term "Attempted kidnapping." The Unarmed Home Invasion could be pled down to however they define a lesser charge (unlawful entry of a dwelling, trespassing, etc.)

But the A&B charge would be solid.

Date: September 26, 2019 06:46PM

easement by custom

It's value is diminishing, but still 'in the books'.

Date: September 26, 2019 07:21PM

An easement by custom does not apply to one's personal home.

It takes a lot to establish an easement, and letting someone visit you from time to time comes nowhere near that point.

Date: September 27, 2019 01:01AM

easement by custom applies to land, it wasn't suggested the HT went inside without permission

Date: September 27, 2019 02:37AM

An easement by custom requires, obviously, custom. That means years or decades of "open and notorious" use by others. Moreover, if the homeowners built a fence and prevented anyone from using it for over a year without the users getting a court order, the easement goes away.

In this instance NaD had a fence and a gate. There was no easement. And inviting someone in even daily doesn't create one. All that is legally required is closing the gate one day per year.

Date: September 27, 2019 01:23AM

Thus very vague and subject to a huge number of court precedents. A lot of money is put into legal talent on the matter, especially in ye olde New England, and even more so when it comes to waterfront access, fishing, clamming, and so on.

But we're discussing residences on small plots of land where there is no need to access some other place, a very different situation.

Date: September 27, 2019 02:45AM

It is indeed common law. And it does not apply to a home and plot that did not previously have an easement.

If there were an old ranch that was divided up into small plots, across which some farmers had been moving their cows every day for, say, 25 years and for which there was no other alternative path, that easement by custom might continue onto the affected new plots. But in this case there was no long use by someone else and there is no necessity to cross NaD's land to get somewhere else, so there is no arguable easement. Inviting someone in for a swim in the pool, even daily, does not create one.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: September 27, 2019 02:00PM

If this had happened to one of my children I assure you that it would have been education via baseball bat time.
Damn the torpedos full speed ahead!!!

Date: September 27, 2019 02:02PM

Damn the speedos, full torpedo ahead!

Date: September 27, 2019 08:33PM

The sun also rises!

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: September 27, 2019 07:55PM

Years ago someone posted about Mormons and boundary issues. In their case, they became a ward project. The ward leadership decided that if a large crew of people showed up unannounced and began to do random chores for them, they would be so thankful that they would return to church. So they came over on a Saturday morning, and the family did not open the door. So the group went around the house peering in the windows, and into the back yard and banged on their back door. It was very rude, and, of course, creepy. The family told the group that they were not interested, and asked them to leave. But they wouldn't take no for an answer. The family finally had to call the police, who coaxed the unwilling church group to get back in their cars and drive away. It was more than a perfect example of how bad the boundary issues among Mormons can be.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: September 28, 2019 12:06AM

Naked at Dawn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We had our Home Teachers around once. They decided
> to turn up unannounced. It was a sunny evening. We
> were in the backyard lounging in the sun.
>
> They rang our doorbell, but we couldn't hear it
> because we were out back. They decided to look for
> us, and came through our gate. When they saw us,
> they got the shock of their lives. They started
> saying, "We're sorry, we're sorry." They ran off
> covering their eyes.
>
> We hadn't been going for about six months, and
> then a couple of days later, the bishop went and
> phoned us. He started by asking us how we were,
> why weren't we going to church and so on.
>
> He then asked us if there was anything we wanted
> to tell him. I said, "I don't know what you mean,
> Bishop." Then I said that did he mean the Home
> Teachers? I said that they had burst into our
> backyard while we were enjoying the sun.
>
> And he said, "Is there anything else you want to
> tell me?"
>
> I said that I didn't appreciate how the Home
> Teachers had burst in on us, and invaded our
> privacy.
>
> He then tells us off for wearing no clothes!
>
> I said that we were in a private area, and they
> had no business going there. No one can see into
> our backyard except from our house.
>
> He then told us that we were being immodest and
> this was a serious issue. I told him it was not a
> serious issue when Adam and Eve had no clothes on.
> I said it was natural for people to go without
> clothes and there was nothing wrong with it.
> Besides, I told him the area was private and we
> weren't hurting anyone. But he still wouldn't get
> it.
>
> The Home Teachers didn't come around again

You could have them arrested for trespassing and file charges against Bishop dickweed for defending his spies breaking the gd law.

Posted by: Wowza ( )
Date: September 28, 2019 07:43AM

They obviously weren't sorry if they ran to the bishop to tell him what they saw.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.