Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Screen Name ( )
Date: September 29, 2019 08:29AM

A new human being entered my life recently, a helpless little girl. She appears to be in perfect health, but she seems to be unable to do anything but suck breast milk, sleep too much and look around at her surroundings. She doesn't speak at all yet. Day after day, she is becoming more beautiful.

Any beneficial advice about the treatment, care and help I can be to her will be deeply considered.

If no gifts of insight are offered, I will just live for her, make her mother as happy as I can, and continue seeking answers.

To be given this responsibility seems rather strange. I don't yet know how to rightfully live my own life. How can I possibly guide her, except by acting and through benevolent hypocrisy.

I want her to fly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 29, 2019 08:45AM

There's no one right way.

I'm a fan of laughter and patience.

Sometimes you can make your own luck and occasionally you can't catch a break.

Posted by: Screen Name ( )
Date: September 29, 2019 09:36AM

Watching You Tube videos is like chewing your brain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpeFg1gq9Tk

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 29, 2019 10:11AM

is to make her mother as happy as you can. I wish that my "husband" had wanted to do that for his kids. Even after he left, he could have made some effort towards all of us.

The most important thing to do is to just LOVE HER. The rest will come. She's doing exactly what she is supposed to do at this age. My dad told me once when my twins were strapped in their car seats and asleep (6 weeks or so) to enjoy the peace and quiet as it won't last. It didn't. BY FAR. It only gets worse then they are older. Just a different worse.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 29, 2019 01:24PM

Babies need to be held and loved. I'm sure that you have heard the stories of the babies in Russian orphanages who have suffered horribly from a lack of attention.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orphans_in_Russia

Hold your baby, talk and coo to her, and love her. Participate fully in her care. Feed her (as you are able,) burp her, change her diapers and her clothing, rock her to sleep.

You are very lucky. :) Enjoy your time with her.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 29, 2019 01:59PM

As usual, these people voice wisdom.

Care, love, cuddling, feeding, changing diapers, laughter: enjoy her as much as you can. One of my babies basically slept for the first six months, then woke up and said, "okay, I'm ready to play," and off we went.

The little girl will tell you what she needs. Just listen closely.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: September 29, 2019 05:46PM

in 4 links to pics ~

also ~

you can always drop it off at the fire departments OPie ~

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: September 29, 2019 07:12PM

Cherish every moment. Before you know it, your baby will be having her 48th birthday, like my oldest son did yesterday. He and I both sort of feel mind blown when we look at the pictures that his grandmother took of him as a newborn. She was 51 at the time.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.