Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: robinsaintcloud ( )
Date: October 03, 2019 10:13AM

Well, thanks, Dallin, for putting out more 'helpful' gospel regarding transgender people. Please just stick to what you know about, whatever that is! Effer! ( in reference to article in SL tribune this morning wherein oaks states that gender is your biological sex and is set at birth)

On a related note, I was talking with a 7th grade girl in connection with my work as an in-school therapist, and she recounted how she used to so badly want to be baptized into the LDS thing (well, after all, all her friends were doing it), but because she had two moms, she wasn't allowed to. Then LDS changed course(again), and said she could be baptized. Kudos to her for saying, forget it! I no longer have interest in joining a church that is so effed up.

Why do people (and why did I, previously) let a church mess with them so damn much? mind boggling!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done and Done ( )
Date: October 03, 2019 10:24AM

We thought they were speaking for Heavenly Father and so we accepted the unacceptable. Luckily it was only for a while.

Oaks is an ass and the very definition of smug arrogant ignorance. He was president of BYU when I was there and the Electroshock therapy was in full sizzle. So the Mormons have tried to distance themselves from what he was doing back then but still hold him up there as their beacon of morality.

Oaks is pure evil.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 03, 2019 10:33AM

And I watch my daughter and wonder when she'll quit letting them mess with her so much.

Well, she is going back to Alaska to work with her husband. She likes it there. She admits to me that she doesn't like Utah culture. HUH? Now it will be more difficult for her to make it to the temple every week and to church every week (3 hours away) and her work schedule. I think she does this on purpose nowadays. She hasn't been to this ward in a month now, 5 weeks with GC.

I actually do know it messes with her head where her father is concerned. She just suppresses it.

Posted by: robinsaintcloud ( )
Date: October 03, 2019 10:52AM

oaks stated that church authorities "do not know why same-sex attraction and confusion about sexual identity occur. They are among the challenges that persons can experience in mortality, which is only a tiny fraction of our eternal existence".

Well, at least we know that 'men are that they might have joy'. Yeah, MIGHT is right, fat chance of having joy if you are LDS and transgender or same sex attracted.

did I mention that i am a little bit burning mad today?

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 03, 2019 11:58AM

Nothing gets under my skin and can trigger the 'burned/mad" feeling as much as Oaks. Hard to watch someone with so much control over the innocent.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 04, 2019 04:40AM

Oaks is old. He will die soon.

Posted by: not logged in ( )
Date: October 03, 2019 12:14PM

"church authorities do not know why same-sex attraction and confusion about sexual identity occur"

But I thought Spencer Kimball knew precisely what caused all that stuff, and laid it all out like a map. (hint: masturbation -> mutual masturbation -> "total homosexuality" -> bestiality)

If only the church had someone who could speak directly to god, get definitive answers, and put the matter to rest… someone like, you know, a prophet… if only…

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 03, 2019 02:51PM

> But I thought Spencer Kimball knew precisely what
> caused all that stuff, and laid it all out like a
> map. (hint: masturbation -> mutual masturbation ->
> "total homosexuality" -> bestiality)

But that's only if you are thinking about Big Foot while abusing yourself, right?

Posted by: not logged in ( )
Date: October 03, 2019 04:28PM

You have to be thinking about boy Bigfoot, not girl Bigfoot.

If Mr. Bigfoot is Sasquatch, is Miss/Mrs. Bigfoot Sasquatchette?

Date: October 04, 2019 04:46AM

Ever wonder why Spencer knew about all them things? Sounds like he did some experimentation growing up. The people who are obsessed with it are the ones who condemn it out of guilt.

Posted by: MCR ( )
Date: October 03, 2019 01:43PM

"We don't know why same-sex attraction and confusion about sexual identity occur." This is precious. They know all the details about the Celestial Kingdom, but they don't know basics about human life on Earth. Could that be because what they do know is made up? Hmmm.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: October 03, 2019 10:59AM

well, this "continuing revelation" thing is just so convenient, isn't it. Let's them backtrack on anything they need to just by invoking new revelation. gawd sure does seem to change his mind a lot.

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: October 03, 2019 11:12AM

is Oaks trying to out-mormon Russ? It sure looks like it.

Moral Compass anyone?

All this is because the core elements of Christ-Like living (Honesty, Kindness, Respect for others, etc.) don't get the time of day from the GAs or their minions in the COB.

"I don't know that we teach that" is their fall-back, their hidden excuse. for some reason, they don't think that (what I call) the Core Elements are sexy enough to inspire - motivate 'the saints' to good choices / right conduct in their lives.

Date: October 04, 2019 04:48AM

Russ doesn’t seem to be as big as a homophobe as does Oaks. Russ likes the ladies. Oaks is probably a closet homo jealousy of the pride community.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: October 03, 2019 11:26AM

Oaks pretends to speak for God. Interesting how his God's prejudices are exactly the same as Oaks prejudices.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 03, 2019 11:30AM

Why doesn't it ever seem to occur to them that they have been wrong over and over on issues like this? They never seem to be embarrassed about being on the wrong side of history. It's mind boggling.

Really, their role appears to be trying to maintain "the old way" as long as possible.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 04, 2019 04:39PM

They're not on the "wrong" side of history!

...just the oops! side of history. Hey, oops! happens!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 03, 2019 12:06PM

God is Oaks' law clerk / co-pilot.

Date: October 03, 2019 02:02PM

Oaks reminds me of POTUS: they're both so very far unhinged from the day-to-day realities the rest of the world is familiar with;

Twins separated at birth.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: October 04, 2019 03:30AM

Oaks was the first GA who made me really doubt Mormonism. All his pressure to obey, obey, obey made me wonder whatever happened to the free agency I was promised when I converted. They (he?) gave it a new definition. Now free agency means obey.

Posted by: Buy my Music ( )
Date: October 04, 2019 08:42AM

She had a mother and a stepmother.

Date: October 04, 2019 05:43PM

???

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.